Jerami Grant Growth Spurt? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Growth Spurt?

I watched Grant play on TV a few times last year, and I think this kid is going to be a great "4" for us. He's got the kind of mobility / athleticism that JB loves, and the versatility to play inside and outside.

He probably won't play a ton his freshman year [I envision MCW type of minutes in year 1 for Jerami], but there is no doubt in my mind that he's going to be a great player in our system.

If the rumor pans out, I'd happily eat a little crow on JG. At 6'7 - 6'8 with a shooter/slasher game, I saw him as a SF redshirt candidate (behind CJ and JS). But if he's 6'9 or bigger (questionable from the photo), he could get minutes backing up Rak at the 4.

Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein)
8/20/12 4:43 PM
Word out of Syracuse is Jerami Grant is now officially taller than DeJuan Coleman. 6-10-6-11, + growing. Big time upside in the 2-3.

Word out of Syracuse is Jerami Grant is now officially taller than DeJuan Coleman. 6-10-6-11, + growing. Big time upside in the 2-3.
I've learned to never believe a word that guy says. I literally have no idea how he became a voice in the media... hopefully colleagues look at him as a running punch line.

Is DeJuan Coleman DaJuan's brother?

I say we redshirt him until he hits 7-5

So, adjusting for inflated basketball height, he is probably a legit 6-9 [and taller in shoes], which is great to hear.

Great size for a college forward. I really see this kid being a stretch 4 down the road. He's a better fit there at 6-9+ than 6-7.

In fairness, 1/3 of the posters here spell our players' names wrong all the time. And 1/3 might be generous.
While we're on the topic, remember the ESPN highlight, Brandon Tree-shay. LOL.

In fairness, 1/3 of the posters here spell our players' names wrong all the time. And 1/3 might be generous.

My personal favorite is Brandon Trish

I think I made the same post when this first came up, but could someone with more credibility than Rothstein confirm this? This would be pretty freaking sweet

Rothstein just reported that Grant's feet are now bigger than Bob Lanier's.

I've learned to never believe a word that guy says. I literally have no idea how he became a voice in the media... hopefully colleagues look at him as a running punch line.
I worked with JR. He's not as well-connected as many of the other guys in the media, and is more of a host-type than an analyst. He is pretty into recruiting, though, and could probably name the commits to all the teams in the BE off the top of his head.

He's definitely excitable in his opinions, but he hasn't been known to screw up when it comes to facts, best as I can tell.

Jerami Grant@MooMoo25
To set the record straight I'm 6'9

Jerami J. Grant 6'5" - 6'9" with the Afro.

m.jpg

I haven't seen Jeremy personally, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is at least a foot taller than I am. Take that to the bank.

I haven't seen Jeremy personally, and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is at least a foot taller than I am. Take that to the bank.

Question being: Are you 5-6, 5-7, 5-9, or 5-11?

Question being: Are you 5-6, 5-7, 5-9, or 5-11?

More importantly, is that in shoes, out of shoes, on tippy toes, wearing thick socks (perhaps even two pairs of socks!!!!)? Come on man, we need these answered?

More importantly, is that in shoes, out of shoes, on tippy toes, wearing thick socks (perhaps even two pairs of socks!!!!)? Come on man, we need these answered?
More importantly, who is Jeremy? Jerami's evil twin?

More importantly, who is Jeremy? Jerami's evil twin?

Sorry, momentary lapse into my Pearl Jam years. It still doesn't change the fact that he's a friggin giant compared to me.

If he's taller than DC2, than it's legit. I did see DC2 in person at the Melo Center, and he is all of 6-9. He was easily taller than Dirty, who is listed at 6-7.

While we're on the topic, remember the ESPN highlight, Brandon Tree-shay. LOL.

Boy, that one left me steamed. Mountains out of molehills, perhaps, but that woman should have been fired. That's her job; it's not a difficult one.