Jerami Grant Growth Spurt? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Growth Spurt?

If he's not a good free-throw shooter now, odds are strongly against his becoming one in the next four years.

LOL, one of these years were gonna get a recruit besides Gmac who is a 85-90% free throw shooter just probably not in my lifetime.

I thought the same thing. I watched Tony Scott a number of times in hs and his 1 year at SU. Happened to bump into him in rochester a few years ago. Really nice young man who has a job working with youth. I remember him saying that leaving Syracuse was the biggest mistake of his life...
Saw him at the Dome during a game and he said the same thing to me.

LOL, one of these years were gonna get a recruit besides Gmac who is a 85-90% free throw shooter just probably not in my lifetime.
Not in mine fore sure.GMAC stands on top of the of my all time favorite player list. Not just ability because Carmelo is occupying that spot . GMAC had a cold no freaking nerve ." I can make the shot with one second on the clock and we are going to lose if I don't make this " How many game ending winners did he hit. ? More than anyone else to my memory.SUball

I'll be thrilled when we do; but I shouldn't get my hopes up. (Then again, Triche could probably be that guy.)

I'll be thrilled when we do; but I shouldn't get my hopes up. (Then again, Triche could probably be that guy.)

Triche is a pretty good FT shooter which is nice to see but he even struggled late in games last year. It would be nice to have a team where we actually make ft's late in games for a change.

Triche is a pretty good FT shooter which is nice to see but he even struggled late in games last year. It would be nice to have a team where we actually make ft's late in games for a change.
Yup glad you said it and not me, hes too good at them to miss them when they matter, its the mental part that gets to him.

Yup glad you said it and not me, hes too good at them to miss them when they matter, its the mental part that gets to him.

Yup totally mental if he makes the first you can pretty much guarantee the second is going in and hes likely to be 100% down the stretch or maybe miss one. However, if he misses his first it gets in his head and away we go.

Not worthy of a reply, but he doesn't shoot from outside that much. Have you ever watched Grant play? I watched DeMatha probably 4 times last season, and saw him in the all-star games and some AAU clips. If you think he's Tony Scott, you're just being a douche. Tony Scott was a jump shooter. Grant has a very nice all around game.
or maybe I'm just pointing out how ridiculous some of the comparisons have gotten

or maybe I'm just pointing out how ridiculous some of the comparisons have gotten
Get on board this train or be left behind. Grant will make everyone forget Bill Russell and Anthony Davis. If the geezer zone coach turns him loose this year he's a 15 and 15 guy and one and done. After he fills out his ceiling is Wilt.

Get on board this train or be left behind. Grant will make everyone forget Bill Russell and Anthony Davis. If the geezer zone coach turns him loose this year he's a 15 and 15 guy and one and done. After he fills out his ceiling is Wilt.
Funny thing is noone knows , if his height is legit, with hard work he can be a special player.

The guy has hands on D to. Looks like he can be the scrappy type. Scrappyness like athleticism you just can't teach in basketball. As a 3-4 combo, his biggest hurdle is going to be to get up to the speed of the college game.

Funny thing is noone knows , if his height is legit, with hard work he can be a special player.
Of course no one really knows. But it is kind of fun seeing people drool on themselves over an unconfirmed two inch growth spurt.

Of course no one really knows. But it is kind of fun seeing people drool on themselves over an unconfirmed two inch growth spurt.

especially after he just put up an exhilarating 5 and 5 on 28% shooting

No, but he's a very good recruit. He's the best all-around forward talent we've gotten since Melo.

But then again, Bees thought I was nuts when I said (like Orangeyes) that Waiters looked like he was going to be the star of last year's team after the first 2 exhibition games.

No, but he's a very good recruit. He's the best all-around forward talent we've gotten since Melo.

But then again, Bees thought I was nuts when I said (like Orangeyes) that Waiters looked like he was going to be the star of last year's team after the first 2 exhibition games.

That's because you're a talent guru. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

especially after he just put up an exhilarating 5 and 5 on 28% shooting

And if you watch AAU ball with any regularity, you know that the guards hog the ball and they play no defense. It's total schoolyard. Just watch. He's going to be a very good player for us. Probably not this year, because he's not likely to get the minutes unless either CJ or James totally crap the bed, but the year after that he will make one of the all-conference teams, and in year 3 he will be another John Wallace type, if he works hard.

That's because you're a talent guru. Lol.

Dude, I've spent as much time talking to AAU coaches and watching HS recruits in person as anyone on this board other than Mason and Francis. Jake is close, but he didn't start going to the camp until the 2nd or 3rd year that I was there.

Short memory you have, from the six years I lived in Hackensack and provided this board with summer previews of all our incoming recruits from ABCD camp.

How many days have you spent in gyms with talent evaluators and coaches, listening to what it is that they look for in players?

Ya imatt i remember the days when you used to post about those games, dont worry about the haters , they must be bored.

And if you watch AAU ball with any regularity, you know that the guards hog the ball and they play no defense. It's total schoolyard. Just watch. He's going to be a very good player for us. Probably not this year, because he's not likely to get the minutes unless either CJ or James totally crap the bed, but the year after that he will make one of the all-conference teams, and in year 3 he will be another John Wallace type, if he works hard.
those weren't AAU numbers, those were his numbers in international play with the 18 and under team, where he was coached by Billy Donovan, Mark Few and Shaka Smart. Those coaches had their guards facilitating, not dominating, such that the three leading scorers were forwards Randle, Stokes and Goodwin, who each averaged double figures and who each shot over 55% or better from the field.

I am sure Grant is going to be a solid player for the Orange, but come on - John Wallace is one of the 5 best forwards in school history. He didn't have to wait for anyone to get playing time - hell, he's the reason that talented guys like Glenn Sekunda and Chucky Gelatt quit the team because they couldn't get PT.

You don't do Grant any favors by raising such expectations.

Dude, I've spent as much time talking to AAU coaches and watching HS recruits in person as anyone on this board other than Mason and Francis. Jake is close, but he didn't start going to the camp until the 2nd or 3rd year that I was there.

Short memory you have, from the six years I lived in Hackensack and provided this board with summer previews of all our incoming recruits from ABCD camp.

How many days have you spent in gyms with talent evaluators and coaches, listening to what it is that they look for in players?

Only have seen local AAU stuff from around CNY so never made it to ABCD like other fans. Know a lot of fans go. Doesn't make those fans talent evaluators. In fact I know a lot of people on these boards have given their thoughts on players at camps and they were wrong more than right. Its easy to say Carmelo was going to be a star.

Only have seen local AAU stuff from around CNY so never made it to ABCD like other fans. Know a lot of fans go. Doesn't make those fans talent evaluators. In fact I know a lot of people on these boards have given their thoughts on players at camps and they were wrong more than right. Its easy to say Carmelo was going to be a star.

imatt 2 - bee, moqui 0