Jerami Grant Traded to Denver... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Traded to Denver...

Since Wall and Westbrook cost approximately the same, OKC should trade Westbrook for Wall. It would equal out once Wall comes back in the next 12 months or less. Both Wall and Westbrook have been holding up their teams for the past several years. Recognize that new environments may help both players.

Last edited:
Since Wall and Westbrook cost approximately the same, OKC should trade Westbrook for Wall. It would equal out once Wall comes back in the next 12 months or less. Both Wall and Westbrook have been holding up their teams for the past several years. Recognize that new environments may help both players.

Years? He’s 2 removed from his MVP season. Sure he’s an 11 year vet so could be on his back 9 but he’s not missing a full year to an ACL like KD who’s also a year older and the entire NBA wanted him for the same money. I’d take him over Kyrie if offered both all things being equal which they pretty much are contract wise.

Knicks have a good front court but Dennis Smith Jr and Nkitilinka are only good if you want to lose on purpose for a high draft pick. Hed help them.

My Celtics should trade bunk ass Hayward for him.

Years? He’s 2 removed from his MVP season. Sure he’s an 11 year vet so could be on his back 9 but he’s not missing a full year to an ACL like KD who’s also a year older and the entire NBA wanted him for the same money. I’d take him over Kyrie if offered both all things being equal which they pretty much are contract wise.

Knicks have a good front court but Dennis Smith Jr and Nkitilinka are only good if you want to lose on purpose for a high draft pick. Hed help them.

My Celtics should trade bunk ass Hayward for him.
I think Smith has an upside. Nilukina is trash.

Who is going to take on Westbrook's deal? That is Wall-esque in it's horror. JG just keeps moving up the league scale. Great for him.

Might be Miami, to team up with Jimmy Butler.

I don't think Miami could handle two egos in the locker room like Westbrook and Waiters.

Pat Riley might be able to control them.
But if he couldn't, boy, that would be fun to watch!

I don't think Miami could handle two egos in the locker room like Westbrook and Waiters.

Wonder who'd win that battle. He didn't last long last time they played together.

Wouldn't be the first time he's gotten poor advice.

Feels like Grant will actually lose some playing time in Denver.

It's possible, but a lot of that depends on the health of Michael Porter. I think as of right now, Denver's starting lineup looks like this:

C - Jokic
PF - Millsap
SF - Grant
SG - Harris
PG - Murray

It also helps Grant that he can basically play 3 through 5, so there should be plenty of opportunity for playing time.

Ok, I'm late to seeing this on here, but I was over the moon ecstatic when I saw this trade announced. In fact, I haven't seen a single Nuggets fan down on this move and I follow the Nuggets in the NBA as passionately as I follow the Orange. The only thing I wanted them to add this off-season was a long arm forward who can defend multiple positions and cover for Big Honey (Jokic) around the rim. On offense, if Jerami can continue to hit threes like he did last year, 39%, and be a target for Jokic he will flourish. The ally-oops he will be apart of will bring tears of joy to me!

For his role, I expect Grant to start the season coming of the bench and getting minutes at both forward spots and maybe even some small ball center. However, if Barton starts the year playing how he played last season than I wouldn't be shocked if Grant supplanted him as the starting SF and Will can go back to being the scorer off the bench he was meant to be.

I'm giddy about this upcoming season if you couldn't tell!!!

Woo hoo! Coming to Denver? I might get some tickets now, too bad Tyler didn’t work out...

Ok, I'm late to seeing this on here, but I was over the moon ecstatic when I saw this trade announced. In fact, I haven't seen a single Nuggets fan down on this move and I follow the Nuggets in the NBA as passionately as I follow the Orange. The only thing I wanted them to add this off-season was a long arm forward who can defend multiple positions and cover for Big Honey (Jokic) around the rim. On offense, if Jerami can continue to hit threes like he did last year, 39%, and be a target for Jokic he will flourish. The ally-oops he will be apart of will bring tears of joy to me!

For his role, I expect Grant to start the season coming of the bench and getting minutes at both forward spots and maybe even some small ball center. However, if Barton starts the year playing how he played last season than I wouldn't be shocked if Grant supplanted him as the starting SF and Will can go back to being the scorer off the bench he was meant to be.

The idea of running this squad back with Grant instead of Lyles? Yeah I love this team.

In terms of cap risk, the Knicks could afford it and he would be worth taking on that risk.

The key thing would be for the Knicks not to mortgage the future in terms of a package of picks and young players to get him. Looking at the price it cost the Clips to get George, I doubts that would be the case.

So unless, the Knicks could get Westbrook on a salary dump basis, I would take a pass.

Kinda strange, Davis was too much risk because he only had one year left on his contract and Westbrook is too much risk because he has too many years left.

is there a sweet spot to get a superstar ???
The Clipper trade can't be seen as being paid for just George. It's been reported that Kawahi doesn't go there without George. If true, the trade was really for George and Kawahi. In that context, it was a great trade by LAC, and cheap.

Barton is better coming off the bench imo. Too inconsistent and Grants a better defender. Malone is a fan of defense. Either way, he'll play plenty of minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom