Jerami Grant Traded to Denver... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Traded to Denver...

Wonder if this means OKC is officially in tank mode and Westbrook is next.

yes - absolutely.

they will trade westbrook for 3 first rounders and an expiring contract so fast and have 2+ 1st round picks for the next 7 years.

The Clipper trade can't be seen as being paid for just George. It's been reported that Kawahi doesn't go there without George. If true, the trade was really for George and Kawahi. In that context, it was a great trade by LAC, and cheap.

Yeah Leonard was not gonna pick LAC because they had draft picks cap space or young players.

Should have made the finals. Blew the last game.

That said, great that my favorite NBA team once again has an SU alum on the roster.
They're going to be good, and possibly crazy good if Porter gives them anything.

The West is such a street fight.

They're going to be good, and possibly crazy good if Porter gives them anything.

The West is such a street fight.

I still think their ceiling is tied to how good Jamal Murray ends up being. If he develops into that elite guard that’s a killer in the playoffs, they’ve got a shot to win a championship. If not, they’re a team that wins 50 something and usually out in round 2.

IMO.

I still think their ceiling is tied to how good Jamal Murray ends up being. If he develops into that elite guard that’s a killer in the playoffs, they’ve got a shot to win a championship. If not, they’re a team that wins 50 something and usually out in round 2.

IMO.
Murray's the one guy I don't trust on their squad.

He’s 22 and went toe to toe with Damian Lillard in the playoffs last year. I think his ceiling is incredibly high. Real excited for this Nuggets season.

I recall him hitting a couple huge shots in the playoffs.

He seems to be the guy on that roster who could potentially get quite a bit better from where he is now IMO. And he’s already pretty good.

Jerami has been better in the preseason than what most of the Nuggets people I follow expected and they already had high expectations for him. The hope to make him the PF of the future with Millsap getting towards the end of his career.

The player on that roster that I can't help but get giddy every time he makes a play is Porter Jr. He's going to have his ups and downs as all young players do, but has given multiple reminders as to why he was a consensus top-3 pick before his injuries. he seems to be really buying into what the Nuggets have going on. He also seems to have bought into the Nuggets philosophy and understands his path to a bigger role is by being active off-ball on offense and using his length on defense to make things difficult. IF he can stay healthy I think he's the starting SF by next season if not sooner. In my opinion he's already the best option on the roster over the likes of Barton, Craig, and Hernangomez. However, the coaches want to ease him in and with the talent already on the roster they can afford to take it slow and wait for him to earn it. In my dream world the Nuggets starting lineup for the next 5+ years would go:

PG: Murray (22 y/o)
SG: Harris (25 y/o)
SF: Porter Jr. (21 y/o)
PF: Grant (25 y/o)
C: Jokic ( 24 y/o)

This has been my TedTalk on the Denver Nuggets thank you for having me, and now back to your regular scheduled Syracuse discussions.

If the Raptors are out of it, and are looking to rebuild at mid-season, and if Lowry has asked to move on to a contender the Nuggets should strongly consider going after Kyle Lowry who is signed for 2020 and 2021.

They have a few options to match salaries while still helping their current roster:
1) Millsap + assets
2) Mitchell Plumlee + Will Barton + assets

That allows Murray to play more off the ball, and you have a much more reliable point guard and elite defender. Lowry's value in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs, and his regular season value, has always been understated.

Or as crazy as it sounds Lowry + for Jamal Murray. Murray is a big contract, and is he the player that can win championships. With Lowry you are much more likely to contend in 2020 and 2021, and you have guys like Harris, Beasley, Millsap, Morris that can benefit from 2 of the smartest players in the league in Lowry and Jokic.

Preferably, I hope that the Raps have a handshake agreement with Lowry for a bargain contract in 2022, after giving him the healthy one year extension. That then leaves the Raps with quite a max salary cap spot to add to Siakam.

Yes.
Yes?
Yes
1571426165605.png

If the Raptors are out of it, and are looking to rebuild at mid-season, and if Lowry has asked to move on to a contender the Nuggets should strongly consider going after Kyle Lowry who is signed for 2020 and 2021.

They have a few options to match salaries while still helping their current roster:
1) Millsap + assets
2) Mitchell Plumlee + Will Barton + assets

That allows Murray to play more off the ball, and you have a much more reliable point guard and elite defender. Lowry's value in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs, and his regular season value, has always been understated.

Or as crazy as it sounds Lowry + for Jamal Murray. Murray is a big contract, and is he the player that can win championships. With Lowry you are much more likely to contend in 2020 and 2021, and you have guys like Harris, Beasley, Millsap, Morris that can benefit from 2 of the smartest players in the league in Lowry and Jokic.

Preferably, I hope that the Raps have a handshake agreement with Lowry for a bargain contract in 2022, after giving him the healthy one year extension. That then leaves the Raps with quite a max salary cap spot to add to Siakam.
I strongly disagree. Lowry is already 33, and most of the Nuggets core isn't even in their prime yet. Honestly I don't think Lowry would be a scheme fit really for the Nuggets cut happy offense. Why trade for a guy who might not even be in the league by the time the team is truly in their contender window?

On top of that Murray already has really good chemistry with Jokic and is able to hunt his shot more than a traditional PG, which he really isn't at this stage of his career. I think that makes him much more valuable than a traditional PG ala Lowry.

I strongly disagree. Lowry is already 33, and most of the Nuggets core isn't even in their prime yet. Honestly I don't think Lowry would be a scheme fit really for the Nuggets cut happy offense. Why trade for a guy who might not even be in the league by the time the team is truly in their contender window?

On top of that Murray already has really good chemistry with Jokic and is able to hunt his shot more than a traditional PG, which he really isn't at this stage of his career. I think that makes him much more valuable than a traditional PG ala Lowry.

You are severely underrating what Lowry brings to the floor. He has been a top 15 player in the league for many years... and while he was in a downward phase last year, he was near that level in the semi's and finals. There was a reason the Raptors have been a 50 win team for a handful of years pre Kawhi. And a hint -- it was not Delong2 Derozan.

Lowry can't complement a center who plays lot of his cuts? Marc Gasol is the center of the Raptors, and is probably the second best passing big in the league after Jokic. Seemed to work OK with him. Siakam cut a lot as did Ibaka.

He is also comfortable playing with Kawhi and Gasol, and was able to play off the ball at times with Van Vleet, He is one of the handful of smartest players in the league. He can fit in most teams.

His defence and IQ is so much better than Murray right now. I sort of see Jamal Murray as Jonas Valanciunas. Nice stats, but not a winning player. Raptors had to get Gasol who had worse stats than JV to put them over the top. But the best thing is they don't have to get rid of Murray. He is still a very valuable peice.

Plumlee + Barton + 2 late first round picks would probably do it. You are not really hurting yourself in the future, They are close to winning now. NBA windows generally don't tend to last more than 5-6 years --crap generally happens

I'll happily keep Lowry now, but we are not at the level of Denver for the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom