Jerami Grant Traded to Denver... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Traded to Denver...

You are severely underrating what Lowry brings to the floor. He has been a top 15 player in the league for many years... and while he was in a downward phase last year, he was near that level in the semi's and finals. There was a reason the Raptors have been a 50 win team for a handful of years pre Kawhi. And a hint -- it was not Delong2 Derozan.

Lowry can't complement a center who plays lot of his cuts? Marc Gasol is the center of the Raptors, and is probably the second best passing big in the league after Jokic. Seemed to work OK with him. Siakam cut a lot as did Ibaka.

He is also comfortable playing with Kawhi and Gasol, and was able to play off the ball at times with Van Vleet, He is one of the handful of smartest players in the league. He can fit in most teams.

His defence and IQ is so much better than Murray right now. I sort of see Jamal Murray as Jonas Valanciunas. Nice stats, but not a winning player. Raptors had to get Gasol who had worse stats than JV to put them over the top. But the best thing is they don't have to get rid of Murray. He is still a very valuable peice.

Plumlee + Barton + 2 late first round picks would probably do it. You are not really hurting yourself in the future, They are close to winning now. NBA windows generally don't tend to last more than 5-6 years --crap generally happens

I'll happily keep Lowry now, but we are not at the level of Denver for the next 2 years.
I don't think I'm underrating Lowry in my mind. Can he complement a center who passes? Of course he can, I'm a fan of Lowry and in a vacuum would take him vs Murray. However, you say it yourself he is on the downward phase of his career and as I highlighted none of the Nuggets core are over the age of 25. While Lowry may be enough to get to the finals for the Nuggets this season or next, I'd rather let what we have built naturally continue to grow because I think they have the potential to be a contender for those next five to six years.

I agree 100% that Murray leaves a lot to be desired on the defensive side of the ball, but again he's a 22 year old kid whose learning on the fly. The Nuggets were a top-10 defense last year and with the added defense from Grant and hopefully improvement from the youngins will keep them in that range going forward.

I would signup for that deal on the spot if that is all it took to get it done, but I feel one of the young guards (Murray, Harris, or Beasley) would be a part of the asking price. IMO Barton killed his trade value last season between the injury, then when he came back he just didn't look like himself and was especially bad in the playoffs. If we consolidate our talent for a higher caliber player I would prefer it be someone on the wing. My dream trade was something like Plumlee+Beasley/Harris+Picks/Filler for Beal, but after he signed his extension that probably won't be happening anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom