Jerami traded to okc | Syracusefan.com

Jerami traded to okc

They wanted him badly apparently. Must think he can help guard someone on the GSW's. Draymond, Durant...

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 3.43.27 PM.png

The 76ers are the furthest thing from NBA purgatory for a second round draft pick. He doesn't play for them he may have never played in the NBA.

Embiid and Simmons are both special talents too. If Embiid stays healthy, and assuming the Simmons injury was just a fluke injury, they will really have something going forward. That's two very talented building blocks.

Philly had a front court log jam looming. Everyone talks about C, but Simmons, Saric, and Grant would be a logjam too.

Embiid and Simmons are both special talents too. If Embiid stays healthy, and assuming the Simmons injury was just a fluke injury, they will really have something going forward. That's two very talented building blocks.

Philly had a front court log jam looming. Everyone talks about C, but Simmons, Saric, and Grant would be a logjam too.

I actually really liked what Hinke was doing out there, I know it wasn't popular at all and has been deemed a joke, but I'm along the mindset that greatness is much harder to achieve than being a constant 6-8 seed (or a fringe playoff team). Why not use the system to your advantage and build something the way they did.

Embiid looks like the real deal, Simmons most likely is. Not sure what to think about Saric, Okafor, and Noel, but they have value even if the value is down now. As much as I love MCW, Hinke looks like a genius now after giving him up for the Lakers first round pick after MIL could only get Snell for him.

The 76ers could be SCARY good in 3-4 years, and have a lot of $$$$ to play with under the cap to get a free agent or two to mix in with the young cats. I just hope Hinke gets the credit and not the idiots in there now.

I actually really liked what Hinke was doing out there, I know it wasn't popular at all and has been deemed a joke, but I'm along the mindset that greatness is much harder to achieve than being a constant 6-8 seed (or a fringe playoff team). Why not use the system to your advantage and build something the way they did.

Embiid looks like the real deal, Simmons most likely is. Not sure what to think about Saric, Okafor, and Noel, but they have value even if the value is down now. As much as I love MCW, Hinke looks like a genius now after giving him up for the Lakers first round pick after MIL could only get Snell for him.

The 76ers could be SCARY good in 3-4 years, and have a lot of $$$$ to play with under the cap to get a free agent or two to mix in with the young cats. I just hope Hinke gets the credit and not the idiots in there now.

They could, but knowing them they will find a way to screw it up.

Agreed. He did what he said he was going to do. I don't know if the organization caved in to all the outside criticism, but that's what it felt like.

As a basketball fan I really hope Embiid stays healthy. That guy could be unbelievable. Great touch all the way out to three point range, great post moves and footwork for such a young player, and he can even go off the dribble a bit, good athleticism, and he's freakin huge. Hope it works out. Not many guys come into the league with that many tools.

Agreed. He did what he said he was going to do. I don't know if the organization caved in to all the outside criticism, but that's what it felt like.

Totally, I believe that is exactly what happened. I remember driving to work the night the news came out that he was gone, thought that was the worst mistake Philly could have made. He was honest the entire time and did exactly what he said he was going to do. You don't rebuild a franchise that had as much trouble as that one did in 3-4 years anyway, the hoarded some great pieces while still nabbing top talent out of the draft and future picks. What should he have done? Signed a bunch of crappy vets and be a crappy team anyway like the Knicks?

As a basketball fan I really hope Embiid stays healthy. That guy could be unbelievable. Great touch all the way out to three point range, great post moves and footwork for such a young player, and he can even go off the dribble a bit, good athleticism, and he's freakin huge. Hope it works out. Not many guys come into the league with that many tools.

Agreed 100%

Disagree. Yes, they could be good. But Hinke was playing fantasy hoops, collecting 'assets', regardless of how ill-fitting they were for the team, and then trading them off. It didn't look like he had any kind of end game. At what point would the musical chairs ever stop and a real team would emerge?

Even now, everything hinges on Embiid's health, which heretofore has been non-existent, and which Hinke knew about when he drafted him. Oh, and assuming he's healthy, what pieces can they get back for either Okafor or Noel?

I think Brett Brown is a good coach. But he pointed out that it's tough to develop a winning attitude when your team has next to no chance to win on most nights.

I don't think Colangelo is an idiot, I think he's done a pretty good job.

Gotta say I'm disappointed that Jerami is gone. I thought he was a solid role-player for the team. Maybe he contends for a ring in OKC, I hope so.

76ers are the biggest joke of an organization it isn't funny. How many top picks have they traded in the last 3-4 years, does MCW ring a bell. You really don't think they are going to keep doing this going forward. I for one would never want to play for a crappy owner/organization like them.

Disagree. Yes, they could be good. But Hinke was playing fantasy hoops, collecting 'assets', regardless of how ill-fitting they were for the team, and then trading them off. It didn't look like he had any kind of end game. At what point would the musical chairs ever stop and a real team would emerge?

Even now, everything hinges on Embiid's health, which heretofore has been non-existent, and which Hinke knew about when he drafted him. Oh, and assuming he's healthy, what pieces can they get back for either Okafor or Noel?

I think Brett Brown is a good coach. But he pointed out that it's tough to develop a winning attitude when your team has next to no chance to win on most nights.

Gotta say I'm disappointed that Jerami is gone. I thought he was a solid role-player for the team. Maybe he contends for a ring in OKC, I hope so.

Embiid is too talented not to take that risk. I watched both their games, I haven't seen anyone who can guard him yet...Dwight Howard included. He's almost averaging a point per minute played which is nuts.

They've got two potential franchise players on the roster now, which is what they were going for. It took a few years to get them and the on court product was pathetic, but Simmons and Embiid's potential is extremely high.

So a solid scoring center and an athletic defensive minded center will net them nothing? Come on...

What has Colangelo done for you to say he's done a pretty good job, I'm actually curious. Everything the 76ers have right now is Hinke, hell, things they get in the future are from Hinke. Add Simmons, add a top pick from the Lakers, they're have a solid future.

76ers are the biggest joke of an organization it isn't funny. How many top picks have they traded in the last 3-4 years, does MCW ring a bell. You really don't think they are going to keep doing this going forward. I for one would never want to play for a crappy owner/organization like them.

They traded MCW (a backup point guard) for a probably top 5 draft pick. A year later the Bucks traded the same player for Tony Snell. It was actually a genius move, not sure how anybody could disagree.

The one thing about their process that wasn't done well was consider balancing the roster among positions. They kept drafting the "best man available" over and over, even though they were all big men.

MCW is trash in the NBA and they got a likely Top 5 pick for him.

Joel Embiid: 'I Really Feel Like I'm The Process'

Philly is a great organization that really cares about its players. A lot of franchises would have run Embiid out last year even with his foot being a gamble just because he could actually play. They've invested a ton into sports science and analytics. Just opened a brand new state of the art practice facility in Camden that the players love.

Musical chairs stop once you have a superstar to build around. This season, Embiid has shown he is that player, and Simmons probably will be as well.

The one thing about their process that wasn't done well was consider balancing the roster among positions. They kept drafting the "best man available" over and over, even though they were all big men.

The only bad move I think was Okafor. No one was high on him going into the draft, in the sense of believing he had the drive to really improve defense and stuff. That's the move that ultimately got Hinkie fired I think. He was too sure that he could flip Jah for fair value. It really screwed him. Drafting Embiid after Noel was completely worth it though, even at the time. That draft fell off hard, and Embiid's potential as a two way player was too hard to ignore.

Embiid is too talented not to take that risk. I watched both their games, I haven't seen anyone who can guard him yet...Dwight Howard included. He's almost averaging a point per minute played which is nuts.

They've got two potential franchise players on the roster now, which is what they were going for. It took a few years to get them and the on court product was pathetic, but Simmons and Embiid's potential is extremely high.

im sure you've notice, but Dwight howard is over the hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom