Jerami traded to okc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami traded to okc

embiid has a lot of talent but how many centers dominate the league these days?

None. But there's no huge players with athleticism and low post skills that can shoot 3's either. A guy like could be dominate, and that's what Embiid potentially is. Huge injury risk though, but you never know. There's Greg Oden who barely played. There's Yao Ming who had some good and healthy years, but his career ended young. And there's Z Ilgauskus who had a long career after severe foot problems early on.

None. But there's no huge players with athleticism and low post skills that can shoot 3's either. A guy like could be dominate, and that's what Embiid potentially is. Huge injury risk though, but you never know. There's Greg Oden who barely played. There's Yao Ming who had some good and healthy years, but his career ended young. And there's Z Ilgauskus who had a long career after severe foot problems early on.

porzingis... I get embiid can be good but just saying, I don't see him dominating the league. that's just not how the game is played any longer, although im sure hakeem the dream would still dominate.

So a solid scoring center and an athletic defensive minded center will net them nothing? Come on...

What has Colangelo done for you to say he's done a pretty good job, I'm actually curious. Everything the 76ers have right now is Hinke, hell, things they get in the future are from Hinke. Add Simmons, add a top pick from the Lakers, they're have a solid future.

I didn't say that at all. I pointed out that Hinske gathered assets while never putting together a team of pieces that fit. Which means that, either Okafor or Noel, or both, will have to go in order to get pieces that fit. Way too much positional redundancy. As it stands now, the centers are so incompatible that Okafor sits out one night while Embiid sits out the next night. And Noel may not fit at all. And they haven't had a point guard since MCW (and Jrue Holiday), both of whom Hinske traded. I was in favor of the radical makeover and Hinske. But at some point, it became questionable as to whether Hinske could ever orchestrate the putting together of a true team. Or whether the roster churn was an end, or process, unto itself.

Colangelo picked Simmons, which was not a no-brainer. And he's begun the necessary work of converting assets into a team that makes sense. Of course the jury's still out. But he's had success elsewhere and, granted some failure, but I think the Sixers need someone like him more than they need Hinske. I give Hinske credit for putting the Sixers into position to be successful, but his last year in particular raised legitimate doubts, IMHO. It's past time to put together a bleeping team.

porzingis... I get embiid can be good but just saying, I don't see him dominating the league. that's just not how the game is played any longer, although im sure hakeem the dream would still dominate.

Embiid is a much better low post scorer than Porzingis. Much bigger(not taller) and stronger, better footwork and moves. Porzingis is another extremely unique guy though. I don't see him having the scoring potential that Embiid does. He will be good, but not as good IMO. But Porzingis should be a big time defender too. Embiid should be a strong rim protector, but Porzingis is more versatile on that end.

Again, the game isn't played that way anymore...but part of the reason is who are you going to dump it in to? There's nobody like Shaq, Hakeem, etc. Embiid has the potential to be a near impossible cover IMO if he stays healthy and develops. He's got all the tools. And he can shoot 3's, fitting right into the current NBA landscape in that regard.

I didn't say that at all. I pointed out that Hinske gathered assets while never putting together a team of pieces that fit. Which means that, either Okafor or Noel, or both, will have to go in order to get pieces that fit. Way too much positional redundancy. As it stands now, the centers are so incompatible that Okafor sits out one night while Embiid sits out the next night. And Noel may not fit at all. And they haven't had a point guard since MCW (and Jrue Holiday), both of whom Hinske traded. I was in favor of the radical makeover and Hinske. But at some point, it became questionable as to whether Hinske could ever orchestrate the putting together of a true team. Or whether the roster churn was an end, or process, unto itself.

Colangelo picked Simmons, which was not a no-brainer. And he's begun the necessary work of converting assets into a team that makes sense. Of course the jury's still out. But he's had success elsewhere and, granted some failure, but I think the Sixers need someone like him more than they need Hinske. I give Hinske credit for putting the Sixers into position to be successful, but his last year in particular raised legitimate doubts, IMHO. It's past time to put together a bleeping team.

Part of sitting Okafor/Embiid out is they're being cautious with them coming off injury. As long as they are limiting Embiid's minutes, Okafor isn't in the way. Noel probably is not going to be happy though. He's going to want to earn a big contract and will want the minutes to do so. Saric will be a nice player if his jumper starts falling. I think it will as he adjusts to the speed of the game. Seems to be rushing it. Nice all around player otherwise.

They haven't had a PG. Sergio Rodriguez might be a decent stop gap though. He's a guy who knows how to play and will get the bball to the right people, which is what you want on a team with a bunch of young bigs.

Disagree on Simmons though...I love Ingram's future potential but I think Simmons was a no brainer. Shame he got hurt, I'm really looking forward to watching him.

76ers are the biggest joke of an organization it isn't funny. How many top picks have they traded in the last 3-4 years, does MCW ring a bell. You really don't think they are going to keep doing this going forward. I for one would never want to play for a crappy owner/organization like them.

Sixers brought in Coangelo to clean up the mess and build smarter and quicker. The fans are supportive and Brown is revered.

They need players to be able to shoot the ball. Jeremy can't do that.

Far worse situations in the NBA.

They traded MCW (a backup point guard) for a probably top 5 draft pick. A year later the Bucks traded the same player for Tony Snell. It was actually a genius move, not sure how anybody could disagree.

That trade is proving to be a smart one. I do hold out hope for both MCW and Snell to be solid players though. MCW will have to find his way on a new team, but I think on the right team he's still a solid and versatile player.

Snell is still very young. I think he's got the chance to be a solid wing who can fill it up. Sometimes people give up on these guys too soon.

But certainly a smart trade, a top 5 pick is far more valuable than MCW even at his best.

That trade is proving to be a smart one. I do hold out hope for both MCW and Snell to be solid players though. MCW will have to find his way on a new team, but I think on the right team he's still a solid and versatile player.

Snell is still very young. I think he's got the chance to be a solid wing who can fill it up. Sometimes people give up on these guys too soon.

But certainly a smart trade, a top 5 pick is far more valuable than MCW even at his best.

I always thought if MCW would just stop shooting the damn ball he'd be Rondo. Problem is he thinks he can shoot, he just can't.

The problem I have with Philly is that they did care about player development, but they didn't give a crap at all about team development.

I always thought if MCW would just stop shooting the damn ball he'd be Rondo. Problem is he thinks he can shoot, he just can't.

Rondo is certainly the kind of guy he should model his game after. Play D(like young Rondo), control the game and distribute. I think he's got the court vision but he gets too wild sometimes. Sometimes PG's "get it" when they get a little older.

MCW has had some great stretches of play every year. He just hasn't maintained it and has been up and down. 2 years ago he was the Bucks best player in at least one of those playoff games against the Bulls. But he had a rough game or two in that series as well.

The problem I have with Philly is that they did care about player development, but they didn't give a crap at all about team development.

I think they went that route because they didn't believe they really had a team. I can't think of more than 3 players that would be on the roster in 2 let alone 3 years. But valid point.

Yeah, Jerami can hang around Oladipo's locker tapping his 2013 Final Four ring on the side of the locker.

One of the more satisfying Orange wins I've seen. 4 seed vs. 1 seed, and we were just so much bigger and better at every position. That game wasn't even competitive.

Sixers brought in Coangelo to clean up the mess and build smarter and quicker. The fans are supportive and Brown is revered.

They need players to be able to shoot the ball. Jeremy can't do that.

Far worse situations in the NBA.

Fans were not happy with the way the Hinkie resignation and Colangelo hiring went down. At all.

Also Colangelo literally came in after all the hard work was done. Embiid was gonna be good to go, and they were getting the #1 lottery odds for the first time since Hinkie took over. It's such bologna reasoning. Colangelo has literally done nothing so far that Hinkie wouldn't have done. Every GM would have drafted Simmons. Drafting Korkmaz and Luwawu is like, right out of the Hinkie playbook. Finding a transition PG is something Hinkie had been trying to do for years, Colangelo lucked out in that Sergio finally wanted to come back to the NBA and the bottom end PG market wasn't complete crap.

Hinkie got fired because he did exactly what he said was going to do, Josh Harris got harassed by other owners through Adam Silver as a proxy, and because Jerry Colangelo is a snake in the grass and always has been.

Bryan, I don't have ill will towards. He SEEMS so far to have learned from his mistakes in Toronto. And I'm not going to blame him for the mess his dad made. I mean hell, he was reluctant to take the job purely because he knew exactly how it would look after what happened to Hinkie.

why would they not trade for a freaking guard?

I actually really liked what Hinke was doing out there, I know it wasn't popular at all and has been deemed a joke, but I'm along the mindset that greatness is much harder to achieve than being a constant 6-8 seed (or a fringe playoff team). Why not use the system to your advantage and build something the way they did.

Embiid looks like the real deal, Simmons most likely is. Not sure what to think about Saric, Okafor, and Noel, but they have value even if the value is down now. As much as I love MCW, Hinke looks like a genius now after giving him up for the Lakers first round pick after MIL could only get Snell for him.

The 76ers could be SCARY good in 3-4 years, and have a lot of $$$$ to play with under the cap to get a free agent or two to mix in with the young cats. I just hope Hinke gets the credit and not the idiots in there now.
I agree but they need a scorer who can create. Grant was in a logjam. I"m wondering if they tried to move Noel and found less interested takers.

What guard does OKC have that they'd give up?

so the only team in the league they can trade with is OKC?

BC has always had an infatuation with Ilyvsova (sp) ... going all the way back to his Raptors days. BC loves to move about 10,000 pieces each off season, but he is also prone to having one or two love childs on the team like Andrea Bargnani who he will try to force into the core and protect at all costs.

As a Raps fans, I do have to give BC credit for getting the talent that makes up the core of the current team. Especially the Kyle Lowry for #12 overall pick which worked out great.

But he has no clue how to mold a team into a winner. Without Masai taking over for the fired BC, the Raps would not be a 56 win team. Masai brought a defensive culture, forced out the protected cancers (Bargnani). He traded away Rudy Gay, a hindrance to the team due to the fact that he was christened as a superstar by BC and he had no respect for other teammates who were his equals. Masai put together a team --- BC has no concept of that. He plays favourites and then moves all the other chairs around over and over.

While BC may be able to acquire talent but is an absolute mess when it comes to making a team out of it. He is also prone to make win now moves that put a team onto a treadmill -- he loves to trade first rounders and sign mediocre veterans and claim he has filled holes on the team. Those holes are typically to fix the weaknesses of the few players on the team that he coddles.

Consider 2009, when he proclaimed that he had put together a 50+ win team, a team that would convince Chris Bosh to stay after the season. The core he put together to support Bosh -- Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani. The Raptors were not only last in the league in Defensive Efficiency for most of the season, at times they were all time bad. Sitting back, wasn't it obvious that the "core" was just terrible defensively and that this would not work. At the same time he extended Bargnani, and FORCED coaches to play him at the risk of them losing their job.

Sixer fans are lucky that Embiid put it together fairly quickly this season or he may have become another chair that BC moved in an attempt to create a team that would win 40 games... forever.

BC is a shining example of Nepotism. A sharply dressed man, who used it to hide his lack of ability. A used car salesman at heart.

Last edited:
They traded MCW (a backup point guard) for a probably top 5 draft pick. A year later the Bucks traded the same player for Tony Snell. It was actually a genius move, not sure how anybody could disagree.

Because MCW went to SU so obviously he's awesome? Like that's pretty much the only way you could hate on the move.

Embiid is a much better low post scorer than Porzingis. Much bigger(not taller) and stronger, better footwork and moves. Porzingis is another extremely unique guy though. I don't see him having the scoring potential that Embiid does. He will be good, but not as good IMO. But Porzingis should be a big time defender too. Embiid should be a strong rim protector, but Porzingis is more versatile on that end.

Again, the game isn't played that way anymore...but part of the reason is who are you going to dump it in to? There's nobody like Shaq, Hakeem, etc. Embiid has the potential to be a near impossible cover IMO if he stays healthy and develops. He's got all the tools. And he can shoot 3's, fitting right into the current NBA landscape in that regard.

I think it's probably a little early to go too crazy on Embiid, he has barely played, though agreed he has looked super impressive. (he has a crazy rate of shots per minute).

But the one thing I do agree with is that just because the game is trending smaller or whatever, if you have a guy with Embiid's size and the skill he has flashed; that's going to be an incredible asset in any era. Assuming he's able to stay on the court.

One of the more satisfying Orange wins I've seen. 4 seed vs. 1 seed, and we were just so much bigger and better at every position. That game wasn't even competitive.

I was at that game, and it reminded me of the Oklahoma game in 2003. In both games, I saw the other team's guards run the offense for about three possessions and knew the game was over. Ferrell and Oladipo looked shell-shocked trying to play against the length of our zone.

I agree but they need a scorer who can create. Grant was in a logjam. I"m wondering if they tried to move Noel and found less interested takers.

Noel has a definite value so it's going to be harder to find a move purely because there are fewer teams in the market who are willing to give the assets.

Like, I'm sure the Warriors would make a reasonable trade offer for Noel, because he literally fixes the one massive hole their team has. Problem is, they have no assets to acquire him. McCaw and a very late 1st round pick is garbage for Noel. Most other players are essential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom