Jermaine lawrence | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Jermaine lawrence

Albany, it's more like "trying" to catch something over here for me lol. I'm pretty much a newbie at this stuff.
Hahahahaa i love it as long as im catching fish.

All kinds of craziness are invading these parts. The gators are no joke and seem to always pop up out of the blue.

funny you should mention that .. my very first golf outing was in orange lake a resort in orlando... ( lived in marco island for a year but wasnt really exposed to many of the typical wildlife encounters).. anyways i hit a ball into a small swampy area.. went to grab it.. heard a hissing sound then got chased out by a gator... a real life happy gilmore like moment.. so for now its put put or contact sports.. i love visiting but dont know how some can get used to the crawling, slithering and whatever else wildlife.. ill take my chances up north with coyotes, mountain lions and the occasional rattlesnake.

Hmmm, well most of this thread is just about recruiting in general and Nerlo rangel arguing with everyone, not very sure there even is a Jermaine Lawerance post in here but probably the first 2-3 pages (I'm not going to look), but this rook, as Bees stated, is giving this board hell.
I think it's brncusefrvcuse, just with a new handle...don't bother trying to talk to him, it is like talking to a brick wall...it's not going to understand a damn thing.
And that John Cal was completely above board on everything he did at UMass and Memphis

Never going to happen as long as SU plays the zone defense. There will always be kids who don't feel a year or two of that is in their best interest. And that's not going to change until at least when JB retires, maybe not even then. SU also doesn't have the record in the NCAA's to command that level of interest. Anything is possible with time, but that isn't happening by 2014.
Yeah. Magic avoided MSU. Larry Johnson, et al avoided UNLV. John Chaney never got any players. Rick Barns is playing more and more zone. SU has been unable to land any blue chips playing zone.
SU is a to top 10 recruiting school, which is pretty amazing.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yeah. Magic avoided MSU. Larry Johnson, et al avoided UNLV. John Chaney never got any players. Rick Barns is playing more and more zone. SU has been unable to land any blue chips playing zone.
SU is a to top 10 recruiting school, which is pretty amazing.

Go back and read what I said, rather than putting words in my mouth. At no point did I say that none would come to SU. I said there will always be (some) kids who don't want to play zone. The some is implied, otherwise I would have said that nobody would want to play for them. Go troll on someone else.

And the point is that not every 5* will be interested in getting that SU offer. As others said, Kentucky is really the only school that has that pull for so many kids, right now. Even KU, Duke, UCLA and UNC don't get anyone they want.

The reality is, many kids like SU's offense, and would love to play in that style. The reality is also that some kids just have no interest in playing zone defense. That isn't a backhanded slight on the zone, that is just the way it will always be when you play "outside the box" (meaning anything other than the conventional style of play)

It is obvious that SU is recruiting better players, more consistently than they ever have. That is a great thing to see as an SU fan.

I don't worry about ratings, because it doesn't take a genius to see that the coaching staff does an incredible scouting job, and a very good recruiting job.

And sometimes, JB recruits someone who may have a lower rating than other players, but does so because the lower rated player is much better suited for his style of offense/defense. (ie. Ennis is not the highest rated PG available, but in my opinion, is far and away the best PG for SU.)

hearing good things about lawrence and us at the moment

Do you think Lawrence and Lee are an either/ or situation? Could the class be Ennis, Lee, Okoboh and Lawrence?

Do you think Lawrence and Lee are an either/ or situation? Could the class be Ennis, Lee, Okoboh and Lawrence?

I think so, between roberson, lawrence, lee or another combo forward type I think we just get one and thats all we really need. After this year we will still have Fair, Grant, and Rak as forwards and gbinije who could play the 3 in a pinch so i think were good there with one recruit. A class of Obokoh, Lawrence, and Ennis would be real nice...maybe throw in a combo guard in there as well like Francis has mentioned

Today is the catholic feast of St Lawrence. Thets sign him up already :)
biggrin.png

Still have some reservations on him. Looks to have a little KJo in him, the kind of ability that looks good vs. lesser opponents but doesn't quite translate against stiff competition. He looks like he tries to put defenders off balance but doesn't ever commit to the move. That's just based on a tiny sample size though & would love to be proven wrong if we land him.

Still have some reservations on him. Looks to have a little KJo in him, the kind of ability that looks good vs. lesser opponents but doesn't quite translate against stiff competition. He looks like he tries to put defenders off balance but doesn't ever commit to the move. That's just based on a tiny sample size though & would love to be proven wrong if we land him.

He is three inches taller than KrisJo and may be still growing and he is still in high school. A taller KrisJo isn't bad

Any word on how this kid is leaning? Francis/Paulie Any idea when he may commit to somewhere?

He is three inches taller than KrisJo and may be still growing and he is still in high school. A taller KrisJo isn't bad
and he already has the pull up jumper in the lane which KJo still doesn't have

Any word on how this kid is leaning? Francis/Paulie Any idea when he may commit to somewhere?
Will take his time and doesn't appear to be in a rush. SU is right in there as I don't see him leaving the east coast for college, which bodes well for us.

what about in the post? i agree he does seem to not finish off his move.. is he effective in the post?

We have serious interest in Lawrence. Very high on our list.

what about in the post? i agree he does seem to not finish off his move.. is he effective in the post?

not a post player...he's a great finisher he needs to get stronger but everyone does at his age.

Tyler Ennis said last night he is going to recruit Lawrence

images

"Following his official announcement, Ennis texted me that he plans to recruit fellow 2013 recruits to SU. Atop his shopping list: Sparta (NJ) power forward Jermaine Lawrence.

Lawrence, a fellow Garden State standout with outstanding athleticism and rangy length, is arguably the top 2013 prospect from the state. He would be a natural complement to the passing-minded Ennis, completing the back end of a deadly alley-oop combination. Several people close to the situation informed Busting Brackets last month that Lawrence, at the time, was an SU lean. These same sources also revealed back in June (you can read the Ennis excerpt on the link provided in the sentence above) that Syracuse had emerged as the favorite to land Ennis as well.

Given positional conflicts—Lawrence and Jefferson are both long, athletic face-up forwards who would play one of the corners at the base of the 2-3 zone, were they to choose Syracuse—the Orange is unlikely to come away with both. But with Ennis now in tow and taking recruiting into his own hands, it’s even more unlikely that SU will come away with neither."
BB

We have serious interest in Lawrence. Very high on our list.
Jake: In your informed opinion our next 2 classes will be who?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom