Jermaine lawrence | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jermaine lawrence

You understand that there are large amounta od cash involved that SU cant match, right.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

so how does the money exchange work? i'm curious to know.

i heard a rumor that SU backed off tony davis once the rumor of his pops asking for 250K.

i do know that SU was the 9th most profitable team last year, compared to uk, who was 5th. but there wasn't a huge difference in revenue. also, boeheim was the 25th highest paid coach while cal was the 1st, so SU has extra cash tucked away somewhere.

if its the boosters who pay, how does that work?

so how does the money exchange work? i'm curious to know.

i heard a rumor that SU backed off tony davis once the rumor of his pops asking for 250K.

i do know that SU was the 9th most profitable team last year, compared to uk, who was 5th. but there wasn't a huge difference in revenue. also, boeheim was the 25th highest paid coach while cal was the 1st, so SU has extra cash tucked away somewhere.

if its the boosters who pay, how does that work?
It isn't University money. Revenue is meaningless, because it is used to cover the expenses of non-revenue producing programs.

It isn't University money. Revenue is meaningless, because it is used to cover the expenses of non-revenue producing programs.

so you're saying boosters pay the players? does every player get paid or only certain ones? wouldn't that cause some tension or jealously? this exchange of money isn't checked by the ncaa?

No, perhaps I am short sighted in putting my faith in those that have been here longer than a week, and have proven time and time again over the course of YEARS, that they are connected to the program and recruiting scene far more than I could ever wish or want to be, but I do believe what Francis and Bees and Jake and a number of others have to offer because they have earned the trust and respect of most if not all on this board. I have just grown tired of a debate whose conclusion is nowhere in sight.

No, perhaps I am short sighted in putting my faith in those that have been here longer than a week, and have proven time and time again over the course of YEARS, that they are connected to the program and recruiting scene far more than I could ever wish or want to be, but I do believe what Francis and Bees and Jake and a number of others have to offer because they have earned the trust and respect of most if not all on this board. I have just grown tired of a debate whose conclusion is nowhere in sight.

you're exactly right. i hate it when people bring up the "pay the players" response too.

it's a debate that contains no evidence. it's an amateur response.

Agree 100%!! This is exactly how it is!

you're exactly right. i hate it when people bring up the "pay the players" response too.

it's a debate that contains no evidence. it's an amateur response.

You can't possibly be this naive.

Are you related to Van111? Just curious, because you two are cut from the same delusional cloth.

You can't possibly be this naive.

Are you related to Van111? Just curious, because you two are cut from the same delusional cloth.

i know kansas got into trouble a few years back. but there was evidence, and they were caught, and punished.

Kentucky?!?!?!? According to you, Cal is clean and there is no evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

:bang:

whenever i'm on a blog and someone responds to a post about uk or cal with "oh, well they pay players," 99 times out of 100 it's some troll with no credibility. not once has someone offered factual data to back it up.

whenever i'm on a blog and someone responds to a post about uk or cal with "oh, well they pay players," 99 times out of 100 it's some troll with no credibility. not once has someone offered factual data to back it up.

Cal has had two final fours with two different teams vacated due to extensive malfeasance / flagrant breaking of NCAA rules. There's some factual data for you.

There has been plenty of smoke around UK--one of the dirtiest programs in collegiate NCAA hoops long before Cal went there, another fact, by the way--since he took over. Bledsoe's grades, Davis's asking price, and now some questions about Noel.

It isn't a matter of "if," but of "when" the latest final four will get vacated, just as it was with the other two programs Cal was affiliated with. But if you prefer to bury your head in the sand and pretend that the NCAA didn't drop the hammer on UMass and Memphis, be my guest.

Cal has had two final fours with two different teams vacated due to extensive malfeasance / flagrant breaking of NCAA rules. There's some factual data for you.

There has been plenty of smoke around UK--one of the dirtiest programs in collegiate NCAA hoops long before Cal went there, another fact, by the way--since he took over. Bledsoe's grades, Davis's asking price, and now some questions about Noel.

It isn't a matter of "if," but of "when" the latest final four will get vacated, just as it was with the other two programs Cal was affiliated with. But if you prefer to bury your head in the sand and pretend that the NCAA didn't drop the hammer on UMass and Memphis, be my guest.

no NCAA rules were broken.

rose had someone else take his SATs.
camby was paid by an AAU team.

you're trolling on uk, making SU fans look bad.

Actually, you are the one making SU fans look bad by espousing such incredibly dopey perspectives on what's happening in college hoops. But please--feel free to continue defending Cal's conduct and wringing your hands about the various ways that SU basketball recruiting is deficient.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who follows college hoops would agree with you. I haven't seen one person in this thread express that they do, either. They must all be trolls, too.

Actually, you are the one making SU fans look bad by espousing such incredibly dopey perspectives on what's happening in college hoops. But please--feel free to continue defending Cal's conduct and wringing your hands about the various ways that SU basketball recruiting is deficient.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who follows college hoops would agree with you. I haven't seen one person in this thread express that they do, either. They must all be trolls, too.

you are the type who goes to blogs and types: "uk better have velcro on their banner, because it will be vacated soon!"

those are the users and posts that make SU look bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom