Jerry Palm has SU in as an 11 seed | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm has SU in as an 11 seed

I know I'm not saying anything profound right now, but this Clemson game is just so important.

I agree. We win if we play decent defense. Unfortunately we haven't done that yet on the road. Even the NcSt game that we won our defense was no where near the level its been at the Dome lately. I think we have turned the corner though and if we have then we should pick up two road wins to pad our resume and get to 9-4 in the ACC. If we do that there is almost not way we do not wind up in the NCAAT.

I really want to see us win a road game where we don't need an historically great outside shooting performance. That will be the official sign to me that we have arrived.
I agree. Obviously we love the run we have been on and will take any wins in any fashion. I too however would love to see us gut out a win where we aren't shooting great and need to scrap. Proving you can win ugly is a barometer for me.

Sounds about right. We would be somewhere around there,

We have no margin for error however. 4-3 would probably be fine given the remaining quality of the scheduke, but 3-4 could be problematic.

Joe Lunardi has us as the #8 team OUT of the tournament,

upload_2017-2-6_11-12-26.png

Should we have really expected anything different?

Something we have going for us is that there aren't too many good mid-major teams this year, so the bracket needs to be filled out with teams like Michigan who are two games below .500 in a top heavy and not that great Big 10. Our OOC resume is awful but I think if we finish 11-7 in conference, we will be in. Barring a ton of major conference tourney upsets where a bunch of teams with no prayer steals an auto bid.

we control our destiny with Clem/GT.

Mich and Ind are trying to play their way out of it.

if we get to 10 wins in the ACC it will be hard to not be ahead of these bubble teams that are .500 in a weaker conf.

Georgetown is an interesting case because they have no "bad losses"... and they have some really good quality wins on neutral courts and away. But they have still loss 11 games, and quite a few at home against decetn / good but beatable teams (Arkansas St, Providence, Seton Hall, Maryland).

It's a confusing resume.

Joe Lunardi has us as the #8 team OUT of the tournament,

View attachment 88710

Should we have really expected anything different?
This is about where he stood last year. Clueless. Worst person trying to pick brackets ever.

I would like to think his consistent low rating for Syracuse is because he is trying to push an agenda where mid majors like his employee St Josephs can better treatment than P5 schools that play really tough schedules.

But I think he is just an idiot.