Jerry Palm has us playing winner of ISU/Xavier in 2nd round. | Syracusefan.com

Jerry Palm has us playing winner of ISU/Xavier in 2nd round.

Wow. Not a big fan of that bracket. Possible match ups with Creighton, Wisconsin and a couple of other zone busting teams. At first glance, Ohio State would have the bracket I would like for Cuse.

The last two years I went into our bracket feeling like we had a nice path (to the Final Four two years ago and at least to the Sweet 16 last year). I was painfully wrong. I'm actually hoping that our path terrifies me.

The last two years I went into our bracket feeling like we had a nice path (to the Final Four two years ago and at least to the Sweet 16 last year). I was painfully wrong. I'm actually hoping that our path terrifies me.

loved our bracket 2 years ago (and also 2005, oopsie!), wasnt crazy about the marquette/xavier 2nd round matchup last year

loved our bracket 2 years ago (and also 2005, oopsie!), wasnt crazy about the marquette/xavier 2nd round matchup last year

Ugh the 05 bracket was great in my mind on selection Sunday. I was happy with marquette because I thought they only beat us because they caught us during that losing streak.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Xavier: Before the Cincy Fight They looked like a Final Four Team IMO. Maybe they are back.

Xavier is a senior-laden team with a terrific backcourt.
ISU has a monster down low in Royce White and a kid who's capable of hitting 7 3s in Chistopherson, hate that.

Gonzaga, St. Louis, UVA are all better matchups.

What about Sacre and Pangos for Gonzaga?

What about Sacre and Pangos for Gonzaga?
Round 2 is gonna be a talented team no matter what; I'd rather see Sacre and Pangos than Holloway/Lyons/Freese or White/Chistopherson/Allen

Were any of us fretting over our potential 2nd round opponent in '10?

That's an ugly bracket. Palm has two Big East teams in the East bracket - from his pay website, you can see the playin game for the 12 seed is Cal/Seton Hall, plus Cincy is the 6 seed in the bottom half of the bracket.

conceivably, SU would play Xavier in the round of 32 - and Pittsburgh is a short trip for Xavier fans, so there would be a huge contingent of them there; it would almost be a road game.

then the regional finals could mean facing two Big East teams back to back, including the last one to beat the Orange.

That's an ugly bracket. Palm has two Big East teams in the East bracket - from his pay website, you can see the playin game for the 12 seed is Cal/Seton Hall, plus Cincy is the 6 seed in the bottom half of the bracket.

conceivably, SU would play Xavier in the round of 32 - and Pittsburgh is a short trip for Xavier fans, so there would be a huge contingent of them there; it would almost be a road game.

then the regional finals could mean facing two Big East teams back to back, including the last one to beat the Orange.
Eh.
Xavier-Creighton/Wiscy- Duke/Cincy/Michigan

Not exactly murders row. I'd be ecstatic playing Seton Hall then Cincy again. In fact, Xavier is the team taht most scares me in that region.

I usually don't bite on these threads because nobody on here wants to play anyone. But we'd be playing Xavier in Pittsburgh, not that far from Cincy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom