Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, I’ve tried to hold off posting much about this, but AW is simply all about himself. I don’t blame the school one bit for cutting ties. I know for a fact we have other NIL people we can turn to.

Jesse leaving was about us having a $ limit, and him realizing other schools could easily beat it. Can’t blame him.
Lol. So where are these mysterious other deep pocket NIL guys coming to the rescue when Jesse is jumping ship due to NIL?

Who do you put it on?

The people that can donate but don’t. I know what JW has done because he’s been fairly public about it. TV and newspaper interviews talking about NIL and the need for donors. Emails and articles he’s written. Meeting with businesses and individuals. Etc.

Wait, if you are insinuating that Adam flying in Tom Brady and Jimmy Fallon only helped his ego, I say HOW DARE YOU, sir
How exactly did that help Syracuse hoop? We got no recruits this past year other than a back up center. I mean, and I brought this up earlier, I loved having Brooke Burke at our game. But I don't see how that helped our program at all.

You know what is happening behind the scenes? Maybe these people don't think Jesse is a good investment?
Exactly what i was saying earlier, AW probably wasn't going to be the savior on jesse anyway because hes not going to be an NBA all-star, not worth that kind of money. And frankly, I agree with him if his thinking was always focused on locking down a super star player.

None of that has anything to do with NIL.
We have a strong fan base and a “local” market that includes much of upstate. That should be able to translate into lots of NIL dollars, at least enough to compete with the likes of Gtown, Marquette and UConn, let alone PC or Seton Hall.

Who has Weitsman deliver? We lost Flip, we lost another to Tennessee and a couple of others. In hind sight, there was more bluster than production. We haven't had a game changer in years.

He kept, or helped keep, many kids here last year across 3 sports. To the tune of about $1m. How many here did that? And I don’t know what happens with the Moore deal.

You know what is happening behind the scenes? Maybe these people don't think Jesse is a good investment?
I'd feel better about it if that's the case and we soon find out we are in play for Dickinson with a big time offer to actually bring him in...otherwise are we playing the same game everyone else is? Are we serious players in this new NIL era of college basketball? Guess we'll all know soon enough.

Of course it does. There are companies that the university pays millions of dollars to for goods and service. The university needs to make them make donations to the 315 Foundation to keep their contracts. It happens all over the philanthropic world. Our NIL program will not be successful if we sit on our ass and wait for one big fish.

Oh

I'd feel better about it if that's the case and we soon find out we are in play for Dickinson with a big time offer to actually bring him in...otherwise are we playing the same game everyone else is? Are we serious players in this new NIL era of college basketball? Guess we'll all know soon enough.
At this point, I'm willing to believe. The new assistant coach with the Maryland connections, could it happen? Please, pretty please.

I’m not saying I love everything Weitsman is about, but I think it’s a bit unfair to go after him for not bringing in more players over five years when NIL really just got going last cycle. I do think we would have signed better players eventually. That said if we don’t think Jesse is worth it then I’m willing to be patient, but right now this is the worst roster in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom