Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any of this put Wildhack or Kent on the hot seat with the board?

It's been a mess how it has played out, publicly

Who has Weitsman deliver? We lost Flip, we lost another to Tennessee and a couple of others. In hind sight, there was more bluster than production. We haven't had a game changer in years.
He wasn't involved in that cycle.

I’m sorry, I’ve tried to hold off posting much about this, but AW is simply all about himself. I don’t blame the school one bit for cutting ties. I know for a fact we have other NIL people we can turn to.

Jesse leaving was about us having a $ limit, and him realizing other schools could easily beat it. Can’t blame him.
Either we compete money wise or we find a way. AW was one of the ways. We lose a guy who should still be here. It’s bull sheet.

Does any of this put Wildhack or Kent on the hot seat with the board?

It's been a mess how it has played out, publicly
I doubt it, im not sure the board will fire anyone over a non-alumni booster airing some dirty laundry.

I also highly doubt any of these actions were taken without discussion with the BoT

None of that has anything to do with NIL.
Of course it does. There are companies that the university pays millions of dollars to for goods and service. The university needs to make them make donations to the 315 Foundation to keep their contracts. It happens all over the philanthropic world. Our NIL program will not be successful if we sit on our ass and wait for one big fish.

I doubt it, im not sure the board will fire anyone over a non-alumni booster airing some dirty laundry.

I also highly doubt any of these actions were taken without discussion with the BoT
I honestly don’t know how long Kent has left, how long has he been here? 9 years or so? Not even sure how old he is

why does this program feel like it's just continually sucking more and more each year/week/day? This isn't and hasn't been fun for a while now..
Because it is. Poor leadership at the top and lack of vision for the future and adapting to the changing landscape. Hoping for a return to the glory days.

Syracuse sports are basically sunk if they can’t figure it out at the top. They’ll basically be Colgate or Holy Cross in 20 years.

I know that is harsh but that’s the way I see it playing out based on current trajectory and leadership philosophy.

It actually doesn't mean that. Although I don't expect us to land someone like Hunter. What this means is that we couldn't make Edwards work because of his unique situation. Time will tell if we can't compete for most U.S. kids.
It wasn't bout his unique situation. It was about $. Anything else is just excuse making.

Just watched Moneyball last night. We are the Oakland A's. We're not going to outspend the Yankees or the Red Sox so we have to find the Scott Hatteberg and Jeremy Giambi's of the world.
We’re closer to the Oakland A’s AAA farm club at the moment

Of course it does. There are companies that the university pays millions of dollars to for goods and service. The university needs to make them make donations to the 315 Foundation to keep their contracts. It happens all over the philanthropic world. Our NIL program will not be successful if we sit on our ass and wait for one big fish.
Make them? That is illegal. It's called extortion, Scott. Does it happen in business. Sometimes. It also sometimes blows up in the face of companies and people like that who do it. You want to risk your job and future on that?

It actually doesn't mean that. Although I don't expect us to land someone like Hunter. What this means is that we couldn't make Edwards work because of his unique situation. Time will tell if we can't compete for most U.S. kids.
but what doesn't make sense is we had more than a year to work on how to make his unique situation work, the fact we couldn't figure out a solution seems to indicate we are unprepared (in many ways) to compete in the current environment

It wasn't bout his unique situation. It was about $. Anything else is just excuse making.
didnt the .com article say it was because they couldnt figure out a clean way to do the international payments?

Everything else a side for a moment, Weitsman was trying to land guys while the head coach position in the future was a mystery and the current team was on a trajectory to not even make the NIT tournament. Those are sizable obstacles.

Everything else a side for a moment, Weitsman was trying to land guys while the head coach position in the future was a mystery and the current team was on a trajectory to not even make the NIT tournament. Those are sizable obstacles.
But we are told it is all about $$$ And he was the one talking about getting 5 star players.

No Scott. It was about his unique situation. And that unique situation involved around getting him, by the rules, money

But we are told it is all about $$$ And he was the one talking about getting 5 star players.
When the $ is about the same; playing on a Tourney team, with other good players, can be relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.