Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, they are offering kids in the handshake line. We sort of did it after the Albany football game a few years ago. I want to win. I hope we can find a way to get our act together. I wonder if a mass letter writing campaign to Eric would help him understand the severity of the situation. There is no need for improved facilities if you can't get the players. We have to find out what successful schools of our size are doing. And we can do that without selling our souls.
Agreed...and fwiw, I have reason to believe we attempted to do that with Jesse and were simply outbid. It's gonna happen

Tampering which is illegal and many coaches have complained but nobody’s doing anything about it.
Coaches should name names or shut up. I’m so sick of their “code”. Call out the rule breakers. If not I’ll assume that they’re just mad that they didn’t break the rule better to land somebody.

I have read that we have others who are big like Adam but when you lose someone like him you don't replace him. SU doesn't have Billionaires lining up to help the University. If what i have heard is true, this one is on the administration for not working with a person that did everything right did everything to support all of the programs and the minute something wasn't pc had his arse handed to him. Hopefully over time because of Jims's friendship he is convinced to get back and help Syracuse. If I'm JW I'm inviting him for a sit down yesterday.
Ain't happening

Not interested. I’m really disappointed in his decision. We need him to come back and help Red get the program back on track and launch this important new era. If Syracuse can’t get him any NIL, then that’s one thing and I understand leaving. If it’s simply about going to the highest bidder, that’s not right.

I’m going to listen but only because I love Tortora’s hard hitting questions

DT used to have a podcast on Sunday Mornings to discuss Fantasy Football info.

I have no issue if DT wants to send a tweet to advertise his pod. But one Sunday DT sent out 32 tweets.

One with a hashtag for every single NFL team.

Unfollow <click>.

How exactly were they able to do that seeing he wasn't in the portal?
Exactly! And guess who they probably called. DAD. hey dad we want to offerJesse XYZ. Then dad relays that to Jesse and hey let’s look at how much they are offering even though you want to stay at cuse. Parents don’t always do what’s best for their kids. This is a clear case of this. Only way this could have gone down

This makes me think that daddy wants a bigger bad knowing that Jesse isn’t a NBA prospect. I do t blame them at all! If my kid had this opportunity I would probably say go where the money is and continue your education! I really don’t think SU is all blame here. The staff was caught off guard thinking he was coming back. I have trust in Red and staff to pivot and get SU back to where we belong!
It’s not Red’s fault that our NIL resources are a joke compared to other schools. Apparently.

Exactly! And guess who they probably called. DAD. hey dad we want to offerJesse XYZ. Then dad relays that to Jesse and hey let’s look at how much they are offering even though you want to stay at cuse. Parents don’t always do what’s best for their kids. This is a clear case of this. Only way this could have gone down
How is making money when he can not what's best for him. It's not what's best for SU

Coaches should name names or shut up. I’m so sick of their “code”. Call out the rule breakers. If not I’ll assume that they’re just mad that they didn’t break the rule better to land somebody.

Reminds me of Scott Shafer's weak non-response when that Central Michigan player almost took Dungey's head off. Can't make a stink, because you want your player to get the benefit of the doubt if he ever tries to cripple a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom