Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bees just posted a self-promoting selfie on Instagram, posing with the cast of "The White Shadow" while they're all crammed into a 1978 Ford Pinto and drinking a 12-pack of Genny Light. The Pinto was parked askew in Chancellor Syverud's assigned spot.
Looked like screamers to me:)

Take a drive to Niagara Falls, have a few NIL meetings at the Sundowner among other activities and boom, Jesse's back.
Hell for that matter, take a 5 min ride down the road to the Onondaga Nation and watch the ncaa's head explode while they try to figure out who's wheel house that falls under :)

Especially if we’re playing more modern systems on both ends. Playing some man and getting used to covering pick and rolls as well as staying out of foul trouble can go a long way for him.
I'm sorry but the reference to "modern systems" is frustrating.

I was going to say, can't be just go on the res and collect NIL there? No Fed jurisdiction, right?
Only one way to find out. But I’m sure that’ll be a no go for the arbitrary NCAA.

is he wealthy? You could argue that not allowing him to earn the money he could if he was any other student is a special situation,

F-1 students may also be eligible to work off-campus on a case-by-case basis as a result of special situations such as severe economic hardship or special student relief.

Listened to the Cole Swider podcast earlier today where he had Edwards on as a guest and Edwards discussed his thoughts behind coming back or going pro. Sounds like he's genuinely torn and its 50/50 with the biggest motive being what is going to make him the best basketball player long term. He'd love to come back for the fans but also wants to do whats best for his basketball career and wants to make money while he can. Seems like if we can find a way to get him NIL money it would definitely help in getting him to come back, its here around the 37:30 minute mark for those that want to listen(and no swearing in this one unlike the Devo pod lol) :
‎The Cole Swider Show with Paddy Casey on Apple Podcasts
NIL money, a trip to Hawaii and a more uptemp approach that will get him showcased in transition.

I hope hope hope he comes back. Not sure I would if I were him, but so rooting for it.

Might be best idea, until now: go to Turning Stone and win big Weitsman buys $100000 in chips , leaves them for Jesse. Winnings!!!
I think we will see Adam doing more help in the 607 than the 315 related to college sports.

Bees just posted a self-promoting selfie on Instagram, posing with the cast of "The White Shadow" while they're all crammed into a 1978 Ford Pinto and drinking a 12-pack of Genny Light. The Pinto was parked askew in Chancellor Syverud's assigned spot.

Did they get the Gennys at Lemoyne Mart?

Gotta watch Salami... He can pound the Gennys.

She just took a post-graduate job with the field hockey team... At least that is what I think I picked up from someone's recent post??

Can anyone confirm?
Yes, his girlfriend is now a assistant on the field hockey team

While I’m cautiously optimistic that Red can pull a decent replacement for Jesse in the portal, I think it’s vastly understated how much continuity helps with fan interest in the team. Constantly fielding new faces and… who?… just kills the college game.

yep ... from On3

"Kentucky forward Oscar Tshiebwe, the reigning Naismith Player of the Year, benefited from the Wildcats' recent foreign tour to the Bahamas in August. Tshiebwe used the trip for NIL opportunities, which allowed him to earn roughly $500,000 in seven days, according to The Athletic."

Bahama's it is ... or maybe a trip to the Cayman's - they are good at keeping money things hush hush :)
Oh it’s so hot today

So are we going to make this NIL happen for Jesse while they’re in Israel or not? Doesn’t SU have a Saudi prince not too far from there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors