Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for getting the enforcer 5' a game.
If the oppositions plan is to get our bigs in foul trouble, put in JBA and make them feel it!

I still give him props for last year when he got in opposing players faces

I’d agree, but seeing that Jesse was a huge reason they didn’t score inside and they’re an inside scoring team, it could be a disaster for us if Frank fouls out quick. Those guys would destroy Jimmy.

They didn’t score inside? They wrecked us inside after they saw their outside shooting wasn’t gonna do it. They scored 40 of their 64 points in the paint against Jesse and Frank.

JB is going to imply that this team was tournament bound before the Edwards injury. Book it.

Much like he intimates that the Elijah Hughes 2020 squad would have made a deep run in the ACC tournament
He'll probably say we had started playing much better and Jesse was a big part of that - and that is the truth.

RE 2020, a lot of people were saying that after we dismantled unc in the first round of the acct

Hey, I'm hoping. But having a backup that can replicate what Jesse did with legit minutes would be like winning the lottery.

With that said, I'll cross all my fingers.
This is just my opinion, but I think Frank is our second best center since Rakeem Christmas. Jesse obviously being the best.

They didn’t score inside? They wrecked us inside after they saw their outside shooting wasn’t gonna do it. They scored 40 of their 64 points in the paint against Jesse and Frank.
So you think Jimmy will hold them to less? Interesting

JB is going to imply that this team was tournament bound before the Edwards injury. Book it.

Much like he intimates that the Elijah Hughes 2020 squad would have made a deep run in the ACC tournament
How they closed the year and boat raced UNC on their own floor, why not.

Lot of it was in transition though, too.

I think JBA can be productive in limited spot minutes. He’s become a caricature, when he’s actually got some nice tools. We forget he’s coming off injury and multiple players have been outspoken on his game in practice. Maybe a chance to shock some people?

I have no expectations that Bourama can provide us more than 3-5 mins here or there. I hope he proves me wrong.
*Obligatory "look, I like the guy" * but if JBA is getting minutes, this team is in trouble. Any evidence of him providing on the offensive end is nonexistent. Frank/Jimmy provide more which is how this team has won all season. There aren't many clear answers here, but JBA has not proven he can be one.

So you think Jimmy will hold them to less? Interesting

Is that what I said? Don’t put words in my mouth. I responded to your incorrect statement that Jesse was the reason they didn’t score inside.

We can still beat every team in the ACC besides Dook.* I want to say UNC, too, but they don't have the bigs like they did under Roy.

We'll need to score 80+ points to win most nights but that isn't anything new.

*Not saying that I think we close 6-1/5-2, just that I don't think we're hopeless in any game besides the biggest one left

Wow...literally a tough break.

This is worse than losing Manny Bates.

Guys now get a chance to step up.
It's not over until we say it's over.

Frank starts and will play as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Frank WILL get into foul trouble.

Who's the 1st guy off the bench?
  • JBA
  • Bourama
  • Benny (moving Jimmy to the 5)
  • Symir (moving Jimmy to the 5)

Frank starts and will play as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Frank WILL get into foul trouble.

Who's the 1st guy off the bench?
  • JBA
  • Bourama
  • Benny (moving Jimmy to the 5)
  • Symir (moving Jimmy to the 5)
I’m guessing it will be Benny or Symir, depending on matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom