Jesse Edwards Out For The Season | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards Out For The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That a false argument to me, because we don’t know how many minutes guys would have with better bench guys. In fact, last year’s split with Joe and Kadary proves the opposite. KR averaged 21 minutes per game, directly taking away minutes from one of the alleged “anointed ones” who get all of the minutes.
Just keep spouting the falsities

Kadary was better than Joe at PG. I don't care about Kadary, he's not CP3, but at PG, Kadary was better and he sat behind him and would have sat behind him again this year.

And, no one is going to think they can get real minutes when the coach's kids are on the team.

Do you think it's chance that Buddy and Jimmy are the two guys with the highest FGA per game? Buddy is over 16 FGA per game. He has over 5 more shots per game than Jimmy. SIXTEEN! Last year he was 4 FGA per game more than #2.

Who is coming here? Do you really think Buddy was sitting more this year? Or taking less shots? Of course not.

Let's dispense with this 'what if' with a better bench, which, btw, is on JB, regardless.

JB has the team he wanted. He rolled the dice to have it. He just got burned, period.

I haven't lost hope just yet...there are plenty of examples through the years of college basketball where a devastating injury happens to a teams best player, only to have someone else step up and the team shockingly doesn't miss a beat.

*I will be deleting this if we get blown out tomorrow*

Bias by Referees is ruining college basketball & football!

FD854097-E880-477B-AEA3-5C52FD5ED12B.jpeg

The only bright spot is that Jesse's injury came late enough in the season that he showed what a force he is and how much he has improved. That is critical to show big man recruits that you can come here raw and be turned into a high end ACC center. And for more highly rated recruits we can say we took a inexperienced kid from Amsterdam and made him into pro prospect, think of what we can do with you.

So disappointed for Jesse, he worked his arse off. Looking forward to him really stepping it up next season. Also excited to see what Frank and presumably Benny will do with the additional minutes. That additional experience should pay off next year for both of them and hopefully they can help us win now.

Frank is going to benefit tremendously as a result of increased playing time. Same with Benny. The odds of making the dance were looooong.
Hopefully Jesse decides to return next year. If not Jim needs to go hard for a transfer. The frosh is green and injured so we will need help if Jesse leaves which could happen.
Where is Jesse going? He’s not going to head to the pros or even a transfer before he has a chance to really show everything he can do. He’s firmly settled in at Syracuse and is unlikely to transfer in the middle of a rehab situation. Also, I think lots of these kids are gonna see all the transfer cautionary tales that are out there now. Coaches like JB only need to point to the struggles of top 5 transfers Remy Martin, Marcus Carr and others to show that the grass isn’t always greener and that adjustments to new programs can often be rocky or worse. Some guys will ignore those words of warning, but I don’t see Jesse as a kid that’s going to do that. He knows how Griff and the coaches have helped him to develop and I’m sure he wants to continue that.

Last edited:
Where is Jesse going? He’s not going to head to the pros or even a transfer before he has a chance to really show everything he can do. He’s firmly settled in here and is unlikely to transfer in the middle of a rehab situation. Also, I think lots of these kids are gonna see all the transfer cautionary tales that are out there now. Coaches like JB only need to point to the struggles of top 5 transfers Remy Martin, Marcus Carr and others to show that the grass isn’t always greener. Some guys will ignore those words of warning, but I don’t see Jesse as a kid that’s going to do that.

There isn’t much of an argument that Frank would of been better off transferring at this point. Where else would he be getting these kinds of minutes

I'm confused - why is Benny going to get more minutes because Jesse is out? If that happens that would mean Jimmy gets more minutes at the 5 and that Buddy doesn't bounce down to the 3. Does anyone think that is going to happen?

I'm confused - why is Benny going to get more minutes because Jesse is out? If that happens that would mean Jimmy gets more minutes at the 5 and that Buddy doesn't bounce down to the 3. Does anyone think that is going to happen?
Correct. Would be more Symir.

I'm with you. I think JB might play Jimmy more at the 5 so that in the off season he can bring him back and talk about how he played out of position a good amount of the year.

Of course you did.
We all know Boeheim is going run this whole thing back and that is hard to do when we are probably going to have a close to losing or losing record. He has to create an alternate reality. This makes it easier.

Where is Jesse going? He’s not going to head to the pros or even a transfer before he has a chance to really show everything he can do. He’s firmly settled in at Syracuse and is unlikely to transfer in the middle of a rehab situation. Also, I think lots of these kids are gonna see all the transfer cautionary tales that are out there now. Coaches like JB only need to point to the struggles of top 5 transfers Remy Martin, Marcus Carr and others to show that the grass isn’t always greener. Some guys will ignore those words of warning, but I don’t see Jesse as a kid that’s going to do that. He knows how Griff and the coaches have helped him to develop and I’m sure he wants to continue that.

He can definitely test the pro waters. He's shown a lot and shown that he has even more upside, imo. He can gain weight while getting paid and any pro team will get him extended for a short jumper more so than SU. Maybe he doesn't even care about the NBA versus playing overseas, I dunno.

I think he'll be back, but the reasons if he wants to try going pro or elsewhere? He is fifth out of the five starters in FGA/game. And not by a little, by a lot. JGIII is fourth out of the five starters at 10 FGA/game and Jesse is at 6.9 FGA/game. That is while being one of the top FG% in the country and hilariously having to cover for the ineptitude on defense that surrounds him.

Again, I think he's coming back, but I can see a world where he may want a change of scenery.

People who complain about “roster management” talk like all JB had to do was go draft a couple more guys.
1. Need to convince guys to come here.
2. When you don’t get guys you identified, you’re not going to offer people just to fill the spots.

That's a problem of game management and recruitment then. However you look at it, the buck stops with old baldy.

Kadary was better than Joe at PG. I don't care about Kadary, he's not CP3, but at PG, Kadary was better and he sat behind him and would have sat behind him again this year.

And, no one is going to think they can get real minutes when the coach's kids are on the team.

Do you think it's chance that Buddy and Jimmy are the two guys with the highest FGA per game? Buddy is over 16 FGA per game. He has over 5 more shots per game than Jimmy. SIXTEEN! Last year he was 4 FGA per game more than #2.

Who is coming here? Do you really think Buddy was sitting more this year? Or taking less shots? Of course not.

Let's dispense with this 'what if' with a better bench, which, btw, is on JB, regardless.

JB has the team he wanted. He rolled the dice to have it. He just got burned, period.
Kadary's numbers at the Hall are about what they were last year if you adjust for the 5 extra mpg he's getting (and I think the pg who started the season for them has been hurt); some of his metrics are a little worse. If he was less than happy not starting and getting 21 mpg I don't think that turns around if he does start (at SU) and gets 25 mpg. He wasn't getting more than that because he's not a three point scorer. I've always thought his rationale for moving was primarily he didn't think the zone highlighted his skillset enough for the NBA (also think he'll declare after this year).
As for not having four playable guards and the depth we used to have, all that went out the window with the portal.

Jesse not being in is going cause a problem for the refs as to who to foul out.
Frank will pull an Etan and foul out before halftime before the year is over

Where is Jesse going? He’s not going to head to the pros or even a transfer before he has a chance to really show everything he can do. He’s firmly settled in at Syracuse and is unlikely to transfer in the middle of a rehab situation. Also, I think lots of these kids are gonna see all the transfer cautionary tales that are out there now. Coaches like JB only need to point to the struggles of top 5 transfers Remy Martin, Marcus Carr and others to show that the grass isn’t always greener. Some guys will ignore those words of warning, but I don’t see Jesse as a kid that’s going to do that. He knows how Griff and the coaches have helped him to develop and I’m sure he wants to continue that.
Im not worried about him transferring. Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors