Jesse Edwards returning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards returning

4 confirmed back with Joe, 2 confirmed leaving - then Q who is testing the waters

Sorry, Joe is confirmed? I know it's likely, wasn't sure it was 100%.

I feel he is the 2nd most valuable returnee behind Buddy. He has shown he can rebound and it appears that he has learned the zone to JB's satisfaction. Any new center from the portal would have to go through that learning process and that would offset what ever offense that person could offer (unless you're talking 15ppg/10rpg). I think Jesse has shown he has some offensive ability even if it wasn't always successful. His biggest thing is to get stronger, especially his hands and add a few pounds.

AE174753-0D45-4355-8B20-2799B874F455.jpeg

It was worded weird - he said 1 player confined back, which was Buddy, but then said Joe would also be back

Ok now that JE is back I only really need 1 more to feel good. Would really love Frank too but that’d be a surprise
Frank coming back would be a surprise to you?

View attachment 199055

It was worded weird - he said 1 player confined back, which was Buddy, but then said Joe would also be back
Seems like a sentence I would have refrained from publishing.

If you can’t confirm that’s he back you probably shouldn’t say it, because you might be wrong. And I doubt anyone close to the program told him that they’re planning on Joe starting next season.

Seems like a couple of assumptions

Seems like a sentence I would have refrained from publishing.

If you can’t confirm that’s he back you probably shouldn’t say it, because you might be wrong. And I doubt anyone close to the program told him that they’re planning on Joe starting next season.

Seems like a couple of assumptions
Yeah I don’t get the starting stuff unless he knows Kadary is gone.
Even then we would still have to hit the portal and who knows the level of player we land.

Was expected but good news regardless. Hopefully he comes back with a more developed offensive game.

Jesse, the makings of a very good 5 for us; add Frank and that position seems solid!
DB68C51C-45FD-4B31-9451-72B5AF93F8A9.jpeg

Pg-?
Sg- Buddy
F-Benny
?
C-Jesse
Maybe by the end of the week we can have this filled out.Of course we might not know any incoming transfers, but at least we might know we can have a competitive team by then.
We will have a competitive team.

Frank is a very athletic player and deserves playing time next year to further develop. Many on this board disparaged Jesse and he was our best player vs Houston, in the minutes he played.

Very happy to hear this.

I thought Jesse showed a toughness I haven't seen from him this season. He become fierce defending the basket and stopped letting his man body him into great scoring position.

And his rebounding really improved. Showed me signs he might average double figures in rebounds some day.

He even got his propensity to foul people much more under control.

His offense is a little behind but you can see the athletic ability and willingness to engage. I expect a big step forward from him next year.

Very happy to hear this.

I thought Jesse showed a toughness I haven't seen from him this season. He become fierce defending the basket and stopped letting his man body him into great scoring position.

And his rebounding really improved. Showed me signs he might average double figures in rebounds some day.

He even got his propensity to foul people much more under control.

His offense is a little behind but you can see the athletic ability and willingness to engage. I expect a big step forward from him next year.

yes, great news and should be celebrated. he has improved so much and has a lot of upside. keep working hard Jesse and we celebrate those who stay and proudly wear Orange. For those that leave (especially after a short time) I am not sure I even would call them Orangemen (just as I wouldn't call Geno Thorpe an Orangemen). Braswell is different. He worked his butt off, fought through injuries and is an Orangemen for life!

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom