Jesse Edwards returning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards returning

We still need a 5 because I like Jesse but he will still be in foul trouble a lot. Looks like Frank will be joining the exodus so that leaves us ...Bourama? Tape?

He also has a very nice touch. You can see it in his free throws. Just needs to move into the weight room.

He’s literally likely to be the only one who either isn’t a Boeheim, or lives with a Boeheim.

Some would call Edwards the exception that proves the rule.
Here’s the thing: Three of the guys leaving threw a big party and got in trouble with the AD. So for them, this goes beyond JB. (That doesn’t mean he’s completely off the hook.) It also seems like they’re acting as a unit. Newton and Richmond were roommates. Newton fell out of favor with JB for some reason. Former players say Richmond had one foot out the door not long after the season started. The combination of negativity and immaturity wore off on Anselem.

So it’s really a matter of why Edwards is staying and Braswell is leaving. And Braswell almost left last season. I think he gave it a fair shot and wanted a better opportunity. That doesn’t mean there’s some sort of player revolt. Three guys are revolting, that’s pretty clear. I’m not so sure Braswell is a part of that.

Whoops, I forgot JBA. I guess that says it all.

Here’s the thing: Three of the guys leaving threw a big party and got in trouble with the AD. So for them, this goes beyond JB. (That doesn’t mean he’s completely off the hook.) It also seems like they’re acting as a unit. Newton and Richmond were roommates. Newton fell out of favor with JB for some reason. Former players say Richmond had one foot out the door not long after the season started. The combination of negativity and immaturity wore off on Anselem.

So it’s really a matter of why Edwards is staying and Braswell is leaving. And Braswell almost left last season. I think he gave it a fair shot and wanted a better opportunity. That doesn’t mean there’s some sort of player revolt. Three guys are revolting, that’s pretty clear. I’m not so sure Braswell is a part of that.

I don’t really care much about the “revolt” angle. It’s just apparent that, for a host of reasons, the majority of scholarship players on the team do not want to play ball at SU anymore. I know there’s a million players also in the portal and all that stuff, but it’s troubling.

I don’t really care much about the “revolt” angle. It’s just apparent that, for a host of reasons, the majority of scholarship players on the team do not want to play ball at SU anymore. I know there’s a million players also in the portal and all that stuff, but it’s troubling.
You said it yourself: There’s a million players also in the portal and all that stuff.

We’ve had to players punch women in the face that weren’t told to move on after the incident and you think that kids throwing a party pushed them out?

Love how this article points out Jesse's +/- in the Houston game +24 lol. Genius coach we got here. The score is 17-5, put Jesse in, tie the game at 20. Take him out, go down 30-20.

View attachment 199059
actually if he was plus ten when in and the team was minus 24 when he was out...

that is really +34!

Hard to fathom for any player on a team that got dismantld in such an embarrasing fashion.

You said it yourself: There’s a million players also in the portal and all that stuff.
Half of them are SU players apparently.

I think it’s pretty reasonable to suggest that JB and other factors had an impact on those choosing to leave. In regards to having a party during covid, yeah the university has come down hard on everyone. Look at Woody and the guys trolling on IG. I am sure we will get apologists for them saying “they just busting or they have every right given how JB did Kadary dirty” but it shows their maturity level. It shows Woody in my opinion was potentially a negative influence. In the military I saw how one guy can negatively influence a group...it happens and he brings everyone down with him. So yeah did JB have a impact? Yep and he needs to own it. Was it just JB? Nope.

If that is the case I want Woody out of here.

We’ve had to players punch women in the face that weren’t told to move on after the incident and you think that kids throwing a party pushed them out?
Yeah, because it wasn’t just that they threw a party. They threw a party during a pandemic and a lot of people there weren’t wearing masks. Wildhack came down hard and made it public. We already know from their relationship with JB that these three have a problem with authority.

We also had a player push a woman down a flight of stairs. None of these incidents occurred under Wildhack’s watch. Not to mention they all took place well before the #MeToo movement. I think they would have been handled differently today. Social media alone would have made it unavoidable.

Yeah, because it wasn’t just that they threw a party. They threw a party during a pandemic and a lot of people there weren’t wearing masks. Wildhack came down hard and made it public. We already know from their relationship with JB that these three have a problem with authority.

We also had a player push a woman down a flight of stairs. None of these incidents occurred under Wildhack’s watch. Not to mention they all took place well before the #MeToo movement. I think they would have been handled differently today. Social media alone would have made it unavoidable.
I think that's fair all around. I still believe that they had already made their decisions about next year when they decided to throw the party. But that's just speculation.

I think that's fair all around. I still believe that they had already made their decisions about next year when they decided to throw the party. But that's just speculation.
And that could very well be the case. It’s also possible that the coaches could have convinced at least one of them to change their mind, but the fallout from the party made that an impossibility.

And that could very well be the case. It’s also possible that the coaches could have convinced at least one of them to change their mind, but the fallout from the party made that an impossibility.
If the fallout made that an impossibility, then I truly believe that JB would have booted at least one of them from the team publicly. Send the message that the behavior was unacceptable. And maybe he didn't do that because he was afraid that action like that would seal the deal for Kadary. Or Kadary was actually the ring leader and JB didn't want to have a losing season and not make the NCAAs.

Nova, Virginia, Gonzaga and a few others will write these 3 off. I wonder if any other teams will write them off. Throwing a party could inxirect!y spread covid to the rest of the team. Did they not care? Good riddance. Don,t feel so bad now.

Nova, Virginia, Gonzaga and a few others will write these 3 off. I wonder if any other teams will write them off. Throwing a party could inxirect!y spread covid to the rest of the team. Did they not care? Good riddance. Don,t feel so bad now.
I don’t agree with the party, but we’ve had our coach and university lobby for players who’ve committed pretty heavy crimes and people on here defend them, I don’t think what they did was smart, but making them out to be awful people and saying good riddance? Come on.

As of right now this what I have projected as on the team.

This is assuming some things I heard come to fruition and obviously things are very fluid and can change. I still think Newton and Griffin transfer and I think Quincy comes back.

PG-JG3 Bench:
SG-Buddy 3rd Guard-Symir
SF-Benny Forward-Boeheim Jr
PF-Quincy
C-Edwards Center-Frank

That’s not a terrible team but not one up to par of where we should be. Off of that roster I think we take at least 2 more transfers but I can see us taking 3 more. I think we take a forward that can play the 4 and the 5. I also think we take a kid that can play the 2 or 3...kinda like Griffin and Malachi, and a kid that can play the 3 and the 4. Ideally we need to add one more punch as a scorer, a kid that can go get a bucket on his own. Benny will be able to do that but other than that all the other guys will have a tough time. I think Powell would be the perfect fit here. I also can’t believe I’m saying this but if Andre Jackson decided to transfer from UCONN...no inside info if he is going to or not but he would be a great fit for how this team is currently constructed. Not to mention he played on the same AAU team as Buddy, JG3 and Symir so he is familiar and friends with all of them. We is a great slasher and an athletic freak that can finish around the rim but not a great jumper which he doesn’t need on this team. The spacing will be wide open for him to cut and slash with JG3, Buddy, Benny and Boeheim Jr out there shooting. That’s just a thought and have no clue if the kid is even thinking about transferring

Ideally we need this from the transfer portal

A kid that can play the 2 or 3 (like Malachi or Griffin)

A kid that can play the 3 or the 4

A kid that can play the 4 and the 5

Ideally we need one more bucket getter/playmaker out of one of these 3 guys (Powell could be that guy)

if this all happens I will feel a lot better about this team

This is assuming some things I heard come to fruition and obviously things are very fluid and can change. I still think Newton and Griffin transfer and I think Quincy comes back.

PG-JG3 Bench:
SG-Buddy 3rd Guard-Symir
PF-Quincy
C-Edwards Center-Frank

That’s not a terrible team but not one up to par of where we should be. Off of that roster I think we take at least 2 more transfers but I can see us taking 3 more. I think we take a forward that can play the 4 and the 5. I also think we take a kid that can play the 2 or 3...kinda like Griffin and Malachi, and a kid that can play the 3 and the 4. Ideally we need to add one more punch as a scorer, a kid that can go get a bucket on his own. Benny will be able to do that but other than that all the other guys will have a tough time. I think Powell would be the perfect fit here. I also can’t believe I’m saying this but if Andre Jackson decided to transfer from UCONN...no inside info if he is going to or not but he would be a great fit for how this team is currently constructed. Not to mention he played on the same AAU team as Buddy, JG3 and Symir so he is familiar and friends with all of them. We is a great slasher and an athletic freak that can finish around the rim but not a great jumper which he doesn’t need on this team. The spacing will be wide open for him to cut and slash with JG3, Buddy, Benny and Boeheim Jr out there shooting. That’s just a thought and have no clue if the kid is even thinking about transferring

Ideally we need one more bucket getter/playmaker out of one of these 3 guys (Powell could be that guy)

Swider is a name to keep an eye on as well since we have history with him as the runner-up to Nova.

PG-JG3 Bench:
SG-Buddy 3rd Guard-Symir
PF-Quincy
C-Edwards Center-Frank

I appreciate the post, I just have a hard time seeing someone with difference maker skills coming to either not start or not play serious minutes. Powell is going to want a lot of minutes, but with that roster, it can't won't be at the 2 or 3.

Last edited:
I appreciate the post, I just have a hard time seeing someone with difference maker skills coming to either not start or not play serious minutes. Powell is going to want a lot of minutes, but it won't be at the 2 or 3.

Given that he has three years eligibility left, would he be prepared to sit behind Buddy for a year? Get 10-15 minutes between the 2 and 3 and then take Buddy's starting spot in 2022? If he really really wants to come home, maybe.

PG-JG3 Bench:
SG-Buddy 3rd Guard-Symir
PF-Quincy
C-Edwards Center-Frank

I mean it wouldn't be bad if we had a guy we could really trust at PG. While you typed this Swider entered the portal. Have to think we are at least going to do due diligence there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom