Jesse Edwards returning | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards returning

I don't see Frank getting much time at the 4. Having 2 of Sid/Jesse/Frank on the floor at the same time would be too pathetic offensively. JimJr is clearly a better option for 3rd forward.

No, my bold prediction is for Frank is to get his time at center. Sid will get the token start and go out quickly, Jesse will get the bulk of the minutes but will be foul prone. And Frank will get plenty of time.

yea only way I see him at the 4 is when we are up a decent amount and want some defense in

Athletic article with the board's favorite 5-2 journalist on Jesse today. Some good stuff around the potential Bouie saw in him from day 1, his commitment and then late season impact and how he is up to 230 now with hope to add more as he continues to build out his frame. Mentions his working out with the Dutch national squad before coming back to Cuse later in the summer. Not overly hyping the kid at all but lots of positives. Pretty good read if you have a subscription.

Athletic article with the board's favorite 5-2 journalist on Jesse today. Some good stuff around the potential Bouie saw in him from day 1, his commitment and then late season impact and how he is up to 230 now with hope to add more as he continues to build out his frame. Mentions his working out with the Dutch national squad before coming back to Cuse later in the summer. Not overly hyping the kid at all but lots of positives. Pretty good read if you have a subscription.

Etan Thomas and Bouie mentoring this kid. I'm sure it will pay dividends this season.

If Jesse ends up being a 6-8 ppg and 8-10 rebounds a game while being a big presence in the middle, I think we'd all take that. We don't need him to take games over but would love for him to be somewhat of a threat on the block.

If Jesse ends up being a 6-8 ppg and 8-10 rebounds a game while being a big presence in the middle, I think we'd all take that. We don't need him to take games over but would love for him to be somewhat of a threat on the block.
As we have seen in limited opportunity that he can be a game charger. I think he is ready for the bright lights but can he sustain it over 25 or 30 minutes.

where is the translation button?
Translation isn't perfect but gives a better idea

Screenshot_20210719-152954.png

Those are good numbers. I think he will be a presence for us underneath.
Maybe it's just me, but have we just become conditioned to accept 6 PPG from the Center as "good"? I know the game has changed, but expecting double digits (assuming he gets 25+ MPG) doesn't seem unreasonable.

Maybe it's just me, but have we just become conditioned to accept 6 PPG from the Center as "good"? I know the game has changed, but expecting double digits (assuming he gets 25+ MPG) doesn't seem unreasonable.

We’d be thrilled if Jesse could give us a Fab Melo-esque presence in the middle, right?

Especially as a foreign-born player who came to basketball later in his youth?

Big East DPOY Fab Melo averaged under 8, 6, & 3 in a smidge over 25 minutes / game during his breakout Soph season.

We’d be thrilled if Jesse could give us a Fab Melo-esque presence in the middle, right?

Especially as a foreign-born player who came to basketball later in his youth?

Big East DPOY Fab Melo averaged under 8, 6, & 3 in a smidge over 25 minutes / game during his breakout Soph season.
This is kind of my point. Why are we thrilled with those numbers? Jesse had 3 games where he played more than 20 minutes. He scored at least 6 points in all 3 of those games. From what I saw, the natural ability (although raw) and talent are there. His work ethic (from what we can see) seems off the charts. Why should we be thrilled with 6 points? Why can't we get excited about a guy that is really good on both ends? Being good on defense does not preclude a player from being good on offense. I think we have become conditioned to the BMK-esque players that Jim sticks in the middle just to play the middle of his zone.

This is kind of my point. Why are we thrilled with those numbers? Jesse had 3 games where he played more than 20 minutes. He scored at least 6 points in all 3 of those games. From what I saw, the natural ability (although raw) and talent are there. His work ethic (from what we can see) seems off the charts. Why should we be thrilled with 6 points? Why can't we get excited about a guy that is really good on both ends? Being good on defense does not preclude a player from being good on offense. I think we have become conditioned to the BMK-esque players that Jim sticks in the middle just to play the middle of his zone.
I'm with you. Edwards has the potential to be our best two way center since Rak.

It's not crazy to envision him averaging double figures between a few designed touches each game, being the recipient of playmaking from other guys, and getting garbage points from offensive rebounds. The skill is there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom