Jesse Edwards returning | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards returning

Idk about you guys but I'm excited for the Jesse Edwards era! Looking good!

couldn’t disagree more with the minimizing of drills. Scrimmaging 2v2 or 3v3 or 5v5 is where you put into play the skills you’ve developed in drills. You need both but they seem to downplay the drilling and even say throw away the cones.

I think Jesse will be a difference maker, with one caveat: IF he gets the chance.
We all know what Boeheim do- so he might still think he’s “not ready”. But i honestly believe Jesse can be THE defensive force in our zone. Can’t wait!!
well, if he's not...it will probably actually be a great sign for the team...will mean either Sidibe or Anselem are...one of those guys will be dominant next year, most likely if not more than 1, imo...

small chance that all 3 dont step up.

...one of those guys will be dominant next year, most likely if not more than 1, imo...

small chance that all 3 dont step up
That would be as unlikely as returning 4 centers that didn't play last year when they were all given a free opportunity to go anywhere they could. But I agree with both of your points.

well, if he's not...it will probably actually be a great sign for the team...will mean either Sidibe or Anselem are...one of those guys will be dominant next year, most likely if not more than 1, imo...

small chance that all 3 dont step up.
Agree. IMO, we’re in a really good spot w/ the 5 position. Besides, anything’s better than Marek getting big-boyed game after game.

Not as hard as I did when he came in and played better than anyone did at center all year and then was banished to the bench being called “not ready”.

I still don't understand this one. We don't make the tournament if not for his play late in the year. Buddy was a huge part of that obviously but so was Jesse.

I think Jesse has a bit of a mean streak in him that belies his baby faced look. I have high hopes for him if he is given the opportunity to play without worrying about a quick hook.

No doubt. He wants to send it to the fifth row and dunk every time he can.

I am still a big Bourama fan for what he can do when he is actually healthy. With that said, Jesse, if he makes the next jump in development is actually a guy that opponents will have to gameplan for on both ends. The zone will not collapse off the perimeter as much and space inside will be minimal. Not to mention he will be one of the first guys to the ball on the boards. He can help Cole and Benny here.

On offense you have to account for his length to get his hands on misses as well as what looks like a bit of an offensive game.

If you pressure and play aggressive mtm D in the half court you also have to account for him on switches as you cover the shooters and pick and pop game.

Just so much that a kid like Jesse does to change the complexion of the game even if he doesn't have big stats.

I am still a big Bourama fan for what he can do when he is actually healthy. With that said, Jesse, if he makes the next jump in development is actually a guy that opponents will have to gameplan for on both ends. The zone will not collapse off the perimeter as much and space inside will be minimal. Not to mention he will be one of the first guys to the ball on the boards. He can help Cole and Benny here.

On offense you have to account for his length to get his hands on misses as well as what looks like a bit of an offensive game.

If you pressure and play aggressive mtm D in the half court you also have to account for him on switches as you cover the shooters and pick and pop game.

Just so much that a kid like Jesse does to change the complexion of the game even if he doesn't have big stats.
I don't know that it happens next season, but I think he'll be a 10 ppg scorer for us.

I don't know that it happens next season, but I think he'll be a 10 ppg scorer for us.

Agreed. Fab(RIP) averaged 7.8 and 5.8 with 2.9 blocks his sophomore year. I don't think that is unreasonable if Jesse comes in ready for his close up. The blocks may be a bit hard to duplicate but even 2 bpg would be good given Benny will get his share too.

Agreed. Fab(RIP) averaged 7.8 and 5.8 with 2.9 blocks his sophomore year. I don't that that is unreasonable if Jesse comes in ready for his close up. The blocks may be a bit hard to duplicate but even 2 bpg would be good given Benny will get his share too.
Agreed (again). I posted something similar in some prior thread, and I would love a sophomore Fab-like presence from Jesse!

Agreed (again). I posted something similar in some prior thread, and I would love a sophomore Fab-like presence from Jesse!

Um, who wouldn't??

Not a stretch to want the Conference DPOY holding down the middle of our zone D.

I'd also love for Benny to be Wes2.0, and why not?
Symir to be Dion2.0.

Any how about a date with Kate Upton while I'm at it?! ;)

Since we're talking about stuff we'd love.
No matter how realistic, or not.

Um, who wouldn't??

Not a stretch to want the Conference DPOY holding down the middle of our zone D.

I'd also love for Benny to be Wes2.0, and why not?
Symir to be Dion2.0.

Any how about a date with Kate Upton while I'm at it?! ;)

Since we're talking about stuff we'd love.
No matter how realistic, or not.

Yeah my point was statistically wise. Even then if Jesse could be half that presence it would be huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom