Jesse Edwards | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards

Jesse stuck his nose in there today. He’s just so damn weak. If he had corralled all the rebounds he got his hands on he would have had like 18 in the books. These will change his hoops life

Attachments

• 91C754A5-C93A-44DC-B86C-45E764E2CA54.jpeg
    91C754A5-C93A-44DC-B86C-45E764E2CA54.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 83
Comes in and plays great strong defense after not playing for a month, 100% on the coach. Jesse is making him look stupid.
Or makes the coach look like a genius for taking a kid that no other P5 program offered and developing him to the point where he is poised to become a contributor.

I must be seeing something completely different than you guys. Jesse had a few nice plays on defense in the first half, but essentially it was GT playing like they had been - as if there were no resistance inside. Jesse stood tall with arms a couple times and they ran right into it. Good. But he is so weak that there is literally no chance of him collecting a contested rebound. When he gets the ball, opposing players are looking immediately to take it. And they succeed a lot.

I like that he does keep his arms up on D and doesn't "roof" over players which always garners a foul call, but he is unaware in several of his zone responsibilities and is frankly just too physically weak to play right now.
You make some nice points, but I think you are seeing something different from the rest of us. What I saw were forwards who were constantly out of position, particularly when Jesse stepped out to defend the FT line. Too many times, the Fs never rotated down to take the cutter, choosing instead to watch from the perimeter.

You make some nice points, but I think you are seeing something different from the rest of us. What I saw were forwards who were constantly out of position, particularly when Jesse stepped out to defend the FT line. Too many times, the Fs never rotated down to take the cutter, choosing instead to watch from the perimeter.

The bar is seriously low here folks.. dude came in and for whatever reason we went on a run , took a 5 pt lead .. call it luck .. coincidence...good timing .. whatever ... all I know is it looked like Tech was bothered by him just being around the general vicinity of rim ..

that’s all it takes though to be a MASSIVE improvement vs what had been going on ..

All im saying is I don’t know what manner of role reversal must be going on behind the scenes that allows for JBA to ever sniff the court before Edwards.. JBA has no business playing ahead of him ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom