Jeter Breaks Ankle | Syracusefan.com

Jeter Breaks Ankle

iommi

Living Legend
The heart and soul of the team is ripped out. He was replaced on the roster by Eduardo Scissorhands. Neither development bodes well for the Yankees advancing to the World Series. It's really a brutal development for Jeter, who has been tremendous.

The heart and soul of the team is ripped out. He was replaced on the roster by Eduardo Scissorhands. Neither development bodes well for the Yankees advancing to the World Series. It's really a brutal development for Jeter, who has been tremendous.
Nix will play every game at SS. I'm calling it right now, Yankees will beat Verlander on Tuesday because EVERY person in the world says it won't happen. As for Kuroda on short rest tonight? Yikes

Nix will play every game at SS. I'm calling it right now, Yankees will beat Verlander on Tuesday because EVERY person in the world says it won't happen. As for Kuroda on short rest tonight? Yikes

Kuroda better give us 8 innings tonight. Because he's only got Joba available in the pen.

The offense really can't get worse. If the Yankees keep pitching like they have, they still have a good shot at winning this series.

So sick of Swisher. I know he's a fan favorite but not for me. The guy never hits in the post-season and his two misplays in right last night were extremely costly. His stupid cheshire cat grin doesn't make me like him more. The guy is a clown and I am counting down the days until he's gone. They will clearly et him walk after this season, as he's a free agent. I wouldn't be adverse to signing Ichiro to something like a one year/ $7 million contract as a stopgap until one ore more of the kids are ready to play the outfield (Mason Williams, Ramon Flores, Tyler Austin).

I think Nix will be at short but you are desperate for offense. You have to consider rolling the dice with Scissorhands' defense because of his bat.

It will be Biden v Ryan all over again . . . .

So sick of Swisher. I know he's a fan favorite but not for me. The guy never hits in the post-season and his two misplays in right last night were extremely costly. His stupid cheshire cat grin doesn't make me like him more. The guy is a clown and I am counting down the days until he's gone. They will clearly et him walk after this season, as he's a free agent. I wouldn't be adverse to signing Ichiro to something like a one year/ $7 million contract as a stopgap until one ore more of the kids are ready to play the outfield (Mason Williams, Ramon Flores, Tyler Austin).
I could see the Yankees making the offer to Ichiro. It may take a little more to coax him to sign for one year though. And maybe bring up Melky Mesa as a platoon player to fill in at right and left over somebody like Jones.

I think Nix will be at short but you are desperate for offense. You have to consider rolling the dice with Scissorhands' defense because of his bat.

Not in this series you don't. Detroit's staff is almost all righthanded, except for two guys in their pen. That's why Nunez was left off the ALCS roster originally. Nix will play shortstop. He's not an automatic out at the plate and he's actually had good at bats in the postseason so far. But it's really up to others to pick up the offense.

Major line-up shift to occur now because of this. Ichiro leading off, Swish or Grandy second, Tex, Cano, Raul, Arod, Grandy or Swish, Martin, Nix. The way they are hitting, not promising.

Ichiro Suzuki LF
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Raul Ibanez DH
Russell Martin C
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Curtis Granderson CF
Nick Swisher RF
Jayson Nix SS

Ichiro Suzuki LF
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Raul Ibanez DH
Russell Martin C
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Curtis Granderson CF
Nick Swisher RF
Jayson Nix SS

Personally I would sit Swisher and let Gardner bat 9th. Give him four or five at bats and hope he can be a table setter for Ichiro and Cano.

Personally I would sit Swisher and let Gardner bat 9th. Give him four or five at bats and hope he can be a table setter for Ichiro and Cano.
I agree, it would have been a good move on Girardi's part to switch in Gardner for Swisher. And I'm wondering if Girardi took a page from Billy Martin's playbook with that lineup, based on the famous legend of slips of paper pulled from a hat.

Ichiro Suzuki LF
Robinson Cano 2B
Mark Teixeira 1B
Raul Ibanez DH
Russell Martin C
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Curtis Granderson CF
Nick Swisher RF
Jayson Nix SS

Can we have the pitcher bat for Nick Swisher?

Kuroda is 0-6 in the postseason with 3 strikeouts, so he's just as productive as Swisher at the plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom