Jim Boeheim Day | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim Day

Haven’t been on campus for a basketball game essentially since I was a student (8 years ago). Happy I made the trip though. I cried and was a mess all day. My wife being there (not an alum) said she finally understood it all. Truly great presentation and I’m a little bummed it wasn’t in excess of 30k. Thanks for everything Jimmy, I can only imagine how different my life would be without Syracuse and this program.

I think the fact that they put his name in the “ring” upon opening the reno’d dome made it a necessity to do it asap. I do think that was strange. But, not too soon nonetheless.

when i first started flying in the 70's it was typically jacket and tie. nowadays it's pajamas and pamper pets. not sure why anyone would want to watch TV when you have a rare spectacular view of the earth out the window. yes times have changed.
How close to the ground do your planes fly?

Can’t begin to tell yas how amazing, emotional and beautiful this experience was.

Was lucky enough to be with my good friend right in among all the old players and Cuse greats and between that, the ceremony, the amazing video it was heart stoppinginly beautiful and touching leaving me verklempt more than once as I felt I was essentially re-living my youth and adulthood with (luv him or not luv him), JB always being a part of it.

What a SPECTACULAR day. Got dozens of pics of it all from right in the mix that if I can figure out how to link them here I will. Just an amazing deserved day for JB and that beautiful gal and person by his side Juli.
Would love to see those pics.

Bell will transfer, no need to be singled out like that, they were all terrible, didn't need to make a spectacle and example of one guy
He’s the worst defender in the history of the sport. He laughed about it. It’s all good. Think about it. He’s 163,500 out of…..that number

It would also be helpful for him to run back hard on defense JUST ONCE in his time here.

Last edited:
We gotta document the players here. I think I know about half of them. Let’s start pecking away at this until everyone has been identified. I will go from left to right.

Unknown, Jon Bol Ajak?, Jim Lee?, unknown, Sonny Spera, Matt Gorman, unknown, unknown, Steve Shaw, James Southerland, Tyus Battle, unknown, Wendell Alexis, Marty Headd, DeJuan Coleman, Hal Cohen?, Brandon Triche, JAB, Billy Owens, Dave Bing, Danny Schayes, Roosevelt Bouie, Rob McClanaghan, Sean Kerins, Gerry McNamara, Ryan Blackwell, Adrian Autry, Sherman Douglas, unknown (Marty Byrnes?), Allen Griffin, Baye Moussa Keita, Pearl’s widow, unknown, Leo Rautins, Howard Triche, unknown, unknown, Raf Addison, Lawrence Moten.

Last edited:
1000000940.jpg

Who is this? Could not figure it out. Is it Lazurus Sims?

We gotta document the players here. I think I know about half of them. Let’s start pecking away at this until everyone has been identified. I will go from left to right.

Unknown, Jon Bol Ajak?, Jim Lee?, unknown, Sonny Spera, Matt Gorman, unknown, unknown, Steve Shaw, black hat unknown, Tyus Battle, unknown, Wendell Alexis, Marty Headd, DeJuan Coleman, Hal Cohen?, Brandon Triche, JAB, Billy Owens, Dave Bing, Danny Schayes, Roosevelt Bouie, Rob McClanaghan, Sean Kerins, Gerry McNamara, unknown, Adrian Autry, Sherman Douglas, unknown (Marty Byrnes?), Allen Griffin, unknown, Pearl’s widow, unknown, Leo Rautins, Howard Triche, unknown, unknown, Raf Addison, Lawrence Moten.

Larger photo:

GHILYQZWcAAZqp3

Unknown, Jon Bol Ajak?, Jim Lee?, unknown, Sonny Spera, Matt Gorman, unknown, unknown, Steve Shaw, black hat unknown, Tyus Battle, unknown, Wendell Alexis, Marty Headd, DeJuan Coleman, Hal Cohen?, Brandon Triche, JAB, Billy Owens, Dave Bing, Danny Schayes, Roosevelt Bouie, Rob McClanaghan, Sean Kerins, Gerry McNamara, unknown, Adrian Autry, Sherman Douglas, unknown (Marty Byrnes?), Allen Griffin, unknown, Pearl’s widow, unknown, Leo Rautins, Howard Triche, unknown, unknown, Raf Addison, Lawrence Moten.

James Sutherland between Griff and Rautins?

Ryan Blackwell to the left of Red.

Thanks all, made the suggested updates. OX’s bigger picture helps too.

I think the fact that they put his name in the “ring” upon opening the reno’d dome made it a necessity to do it asap. I do think that was strange. But, not too soon nonetheless.
Or maybe honoring his incredible career was just a natural course of events. I don't get why this is so difficult for some to grasp.

He’s the worst defender in the history of the sport. He laughed about it. It’s all good. Think about it. He’s 163,500 out of…..that number

It would also be helpful for him to run back hard on defense JUST ONCE in his time here.
Probably missed the chase down block a couple of games ago. I thought he was locked in early in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom