Jimmy and Buddy | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy and Buddy

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Anyone think he gets special treatment being the coaches son and all? I don’t.

There is no man greater than Cuse basketball. Coach will play the players that he believes will win. Buddy will get what he earns just like all players have in the past

Is there an example of a Div 1 coach who gave his son more minutes then he deserved?

There is no man greater than Cuse basketball. Coach will play the players that he believes will win. Buddy will get what he earns just like all players have in the past

Is there an example of a Div 1 coach who gave his son more minutes then he deserved?

Todd Lickliter somehow found a reason to play his walk-on son 10 minutes per game at Iowa a few years back. Kid had no business even playing Division 1.

The problem with coaching your own kid is it can cloud your judgement. And you might have to live with his mother.

Yes. But by Juli. A much better way to get Boeheimed.

I think this needs to stop immediately. Or I have a warped mind and am imparting meaning to your comment that wasn't intended.

I think this needs to stop immediately. Or I have a warped mind and am imparting meaning to your comment that wasn't intended.
Haha! Maybe so. I was referring to popping him out as the act of making him a Boeheim.

No. JB doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy and I think it might actually be worse for Buddy.

The real question is whether we'll have more posters outraged that 1) Buddy spends too much time on the bench, even though he's he best shooter on the team, just because he's the coach's son or 2) Buddy gets too many minutes, even though he can't shoot, just because he's the coach's son. Could be a tie.

Think he gets redshirted if Battle returns and Hughes and Carey look good. His minutes probably have to come at the wing if that is the case and he likely isn't ready. Tacks a year onto JB's expected retirement date so he can pitch to a few more recruiting classes that he will still be around to coach them for at least 2/3 years.

When you are a fringe player only seeing short minutes JB does not have patience or room for error. Always a quick hook on those guys if they make a mental mistake. Thats where its kind of interesting. If hes only going to play 5-10 minutes a game what happens when he misses a three and then a rotation on D does he automatically sit for the rest of the night like anyone else would?

Think he gets redshirted if Battle returns and Hughes and Carey look good. His minutes probably have to come at the wing if that is the case and he likely isn't ready. Tacks a year onto JB's expected retirement date so he can pitch to a few more recruiting classes that he will still be around to coach them for at least 2/3 years.

When you are a fringe player only seeing short minutes JB does not have patience or room for error. Always a quick hook on those guys if they make a mental mistake. Thats where its kind of interesting. If hes only going to play 5-10 minutes a game what happens when he misses a three and then a rotation on D does he automatically sit for the rest of the night like anyone else would?
I think we'll see Buddy as more than a fringe player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom