Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy is an outstanding student, and I'm sure he would want to go to a school with a good MBA program. Many of them are Ivy League schools which, I gather, do not take grad transfer players, and many others do not have D-1 basketball (e.g. NYU, MIT, Chicago). Looking at this list of US News' top B-Schools, there are many intriguing possibilities, including several in the ACC.
Coach K is going to adopt Jimmy, isn't he?

Coach K is going to adopt Jimmy, isn't he?
I suspect Coach K would take Jimmy in a heartbeat as a grad transfer if Jimmy wanted to go there. Good character, hard-working, good GPA, good skills off the bench and a good teammate who would not complain about playing time. And Duke has a great B-School.

Last edited:
Jimmy is an outstanding student, and I'm sure he would want to go to a school with a good MBA program. Many of them are Ivy League schools (Harvard, Columbia, etc) which, I gather, do not take grad transfer players, and many others do not have D-1 basketball (e.g. NYU, MIT, Chicago). Looking at this list of US News' top B-Schools, there are many intriguing possibilities, including several in the ACC.
Excellent link - after looking at the list, if he doesn’t go to Syracuse to play for his dad, Northwestern and Vanderbilt might be good fits for an MBA and pt as a grad transfer.

I suspect Coach K would take Jimmy in a heartbeat as a grad transfer. Good character, hard-working, good GPA, good skills off the bench and a good teammate who would not complain about playing time. And Duke has a great B-School.

With the network JAB has, the need for his son to go to some b school for networking purposes is not as important as a random person. The difference in knowledge he could get at Whitman vs Tuck or Darden is prob insignificant. The chances of jimmy going to work for Steve Barnes at Bain or another alum who would love a smart Boeheim at their job is high no matter what. His last name is Boeheim. He will get opportunities in finance which works as a giant "who do you know" echo chamber. I know because I work on wall st

it comes down to me if his desire is to play w his brother and dad. With the pandemic, i'm not sure anyone wants to transfer somewhere far away where the experience is going to be really muted due to the situation of today. Syracuse is the comfortable choice all things being equal

Last edited:
Best for both parties that he ends up elsewhere, and that's absolutely not a dig at Jimmy. He will be a key contributor somewhere. It just won't be here, and nothing wrong with that. Washington could be a nice fit with their business school, and...well, you know. I'd love to be able to watch him late night, and with Walton calling many of his games.

Though, if I'm putting school ranks aside, then I'd enjoy watching him play in the A-10. But, is he in a serious relationship? If not, then ASU is the spot for him. And even if he is, a break never hurts. All because of that #35 business school rank, of course. Not those #1 ranks in other aspects.

Jimmy is an outstanding student, and I'm sure he would want to go to a school with a good MBA program. Many of them are Ivy League schools (Harvard, Columbia, etc) which, I gather, do not take grad transfer players, and many others do not have D-1 basketball (e.g. NYU, MIT, Chicago). Looking at this list of US News' top B-Schools, there are many intriguing possibilities, including several in the ACC.
With the changes in transfer rules, what happens to the rule that a grad transfer has to transfer to a school to be in a program his former school doesn't have? Does that not apply because Ivy League schools don't redshirt?

If he come and plays and we don’t win big, it’s JB playing favorites with another son.

If he comes and doesn’t play and we aren’t winning, the calls for his playing time will eclipse the calls for access for Biden’s transition team.

With the changes in transfer rules, what happens to the rule that a grad transfer has to transfer to a school to be in a program his former school doesn't have? Does that not apply because Ivy League schools don't redshirt?

i would think the rule would be suspended for the Ivy which doesn’t offer scholarships normally, or winter sports this season.

Buddy gets too many minutes. It drove off goodine, can’t help but think some of those minutes only because he was jimmys kid. If jimmy jr came here would he get more minutes than he deserves ??? Can’t take him if the answer to that question is yes. And that would be too bad because he could be a nice bench player in a limited role.

Buddy gets too many minutes. It drove off goodine, can’t help but think some of those minutes only because he was jimmys kid. If jimmy jr came here would he get more minutes than he deserves ??? Can’t take him if the answer to that question is yes. And that would be too bad because he could be a nice bench player in a limited role.

Buddy was better than Goodine. Honestly at this point, I trust coach to put the right guys out there to win. I'd rather guys who can play the system vs the guys recruited who may be able to play the system.

From the small bite size i've seen of Jimmy he's a smart player with a nice stroke. The team would take on a diff look than we are accustomed (less athletic for sure) but it would sure as hell be a smart team.

things that make me go "hmmm . . ."
hmmm.jpg

So just pass on the guy who could very well have been the leading scorer in the Ivy league because he's the coaches son? I'm sure he's been working on his 3 shot, which was the only part of his offensive game that was average.

Last edited:
Let the chips fall where they may. I understand points on both side of this discussion. Juli will have ultimate say. Thanksgiving dinner at the Boeheims should be interesting.

I say pass on almost anything you think is a good idea.
It's very fashionable to not consider ideas that other people hold which are not congruent with their own. Such is the state of society nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom