Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh, just shutup.
Everytime you respond to CR I think of this gif.

1605574555422.gif

I have to think Jimmy will probably let the season play out and then make a decision after he graduates from Cornell and guys have declared their intentions as far as going pro/transferring etc. That way he can evaluate both the basketball and academic prospects for each school he considers. Granted he has to be careful about slots filling up, but it's not like he has to make a decision today.

serious question... how did op have it days before "goodman had it first"?? can anyone check out portal? did all of media just miss it? did local media not get on the board in a full 48 hours? boy was i at a loss when i saw all the tweets pop up today like it was news... was it not fact days ago? or was OP scooping that it was going to happen although he clearly says "boeheim in portal"

Updated story with Buddy Boeheim quotes from last week. On a potential family reunion: “That’s up to (Jimmy) for sure. ... But if he does decide to come here, that’d be a lot of fun.”

I would hope that young Jimmy would finish off his studies at Cornell before choosing his next basketball destination. To be so close to an Ivy League degree and then to walk away, ... it seems counter productive in regards to his next 30 years as a professional.

I mean, if he leaves Cornell without graduating, how is he going to become the General Manager of a MLB team?

I would hope that young Jimmy would finish off his studies at Cornell before choosing his next basketball destination. To be so close to an Ivy League degree and then to walk away, ... it seems counter productive in regards to his next 30 years as a professional.

I mean, if he leaves Cornell without graduating, how is he going to become the General Manager of a MLB team?

I would be shocked if he wasn't planning on being a grad transfer.

he's graduating at the end of the semester and will be able to get his degree

Wonder how close he is to receiving his degree from Cornell. If he is on tract to meet all requirements this semester, it seems like a no risk option to transfer to Syracuse for second semester, walk on to the basketball team then determine if he wants to play one more year as a grad transfer in 2021-2022. Keeps him home with family and allows him to practice every day at a higher level.

Heard Vandy is in the running

Makes a lot of sense.

Basketball is his currency to optimize his education, at elite schools. Wouldn't fault the kid if he decided to play elsewhere to get a more prestigious degree to pair with his Ivy League B.S. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see him come to Syracuse for the obvious reasons.

Will be interesting to see what he chooses.

Wonder how close he is to receiving his degree from Cornell. If he is on tract to meet all requirements this semester, it seems like a no risk option to transfer to Syracuse for second semester, walk on to the basketball team then determine if he wants to play one more year as a grad transfer in 2021-2022. Keeps him home with family and allows him to practice every day at a higher level.

buddy says "at the end of the year" which I interpreted to mean at the end of 2020.

Listen If we are not going to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits coming out of high school we need to recruit 4 and 5 star Grad Transfers and Traditional Transfers. This would be an all time fail on JB and the staff. Jimmy is a 4 star transfer talent.

Lol. Do you type this stuff then hide your own posts? I can't imagine having to re read that I just wrote that.

Heard Vandy is in the running

This should be a breakaway uncontested layup for us. Again if we are not going to be bringing in 4 or 5 star out of high school recruits on a yearly basis then we need to bring in 4 or 5 star grad transfers or traditional transfers.

This would be like when Buddy was offered by Gonzaga and him going there instead of here. You know how bad this would look if Jimmy doesn't come here. He is a high 4 star grad transfer.

This should be a breakaway uncontested layup for us. Again if we are not going to be bringing in 4 or 5 star out of high school recruits on a yearly basis then we need to bring in 4 or 5 star grad transfers or traditional transfers.

This would be like when Buddy was offered by Gonzaga and him going there instead of here. You know how bad this would look if Jimmy doesn't come here. He is a high 4 star grad transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom