jimmy boeheim | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had expected him to end up at a school like Northwestern. P5, great academics, presumably lots of PT.

Up until recently, ditto.

Totally would not have been surprised to see him end up at a Northwestern, Rice, Vandy, etc.

If I might, I would like to get back to Jimmy...

I know a number of well placed and respected sources have been saying Jimmy is going to play for Syracuse.

I see don't see it. I have no sources. I just think Jimmy has to have a number of attractive options here, some of which he will likely get a lot more playing time than he would at Syracuse.

I would think after being 'the man' at Cornell, it would be very hard for him to move to a small role at Syracuse. From all accounts, he is very competitive and confident but why choose a school where the best case scenario is a role as the 3rd forward?

And if he was seriously thinking about Syracuse, why not wait until Quincy announced his decision, so he would better understand what his role with Syracuse would be?

Being JB's son, he might have advance info on what Q is going to do (though I suspect Quincy truly hasn't made up his mind and probably won't until he has a chance to work out with some NBA teams).

So the fact Jimmy's announcement is imminent makes me hold my ground. I still think he is going somewhere other than Syracuse. A place where he will be a starter and a key player on the team.

(Jimmy, this is your queue to make your announcement for Syracuse, and make me look bad).
I agree. I also think it would be difficult for the oldest Son to take a back seat to his little brother. I dont expect him to pick SU.

I agree. I also think it would be difficult for the oldest Son to take a back seat to his little brother. I dont expect him to pick SU.
Swider pretty much already let the cat out of the bag in a recent interview. So, if Jimmy were to pick anywhere other than Syracuse, I would be shocked. The kid is coming here!

Swider pretty much already let the cat out of the bag in a recent interview. So, if Jimmy were to pick anywhere other than Syracuse, I would be shocked. The kid is coming here!

Where did Swider say anything?

Oh sure. I mean besides them. And they are a possibility because he is worried about playing time here. Where his dad is the Head Coach.
Just great. I guess I’ll cancel the order I just made for a Jimmy Jr. Cuse jersey.

Thanks again, dash

I can’t wait for this circus to be over.

Hehehehe

I'm betting that we grab one more forward in addition if Quincy stays away. Coach said we always have had 4 forwards when talking about young Jim's decision to come here. For some reason I don't think it's a slam dunk that Jimmy is orange.

B06E9E6F-57AC-413F-AD73-6C21E4508B13.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors