jimmy boeheim | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to play for his hall of fame father and little brother?

See my later post. I'm not saying he's going to Hofstra. I'm saying that I can understand it if the rumors about Hofstra are true.

So you’re comparing this to playing against Syracuse level competition..
Well, they probably put their shoes on one at a time, they use the same size ball, the court is the same size (unless it's in michigan)...

See my later post. I'm not saying he's going to Hofstra. I'm saying that I can understand it if the rumors about Hofstra are true.

It would make zero sense. Jimmy is an elite student. If he wants to pursue graduate education somewhere on-par with his current Ivy League school, he'd likely find plenty of suitors at programs where he could play [Vandy, Rice, Northwestern, etc.]. Why would he go to Hofstra?

If he wants to live out the dream of playing with his brother / for his father at the finish line of his dad's illustrious HOF career, then coming to Syracuse makes sense.

Or he could always stay at Cornell and close out his career, and go to grad school there in light of the one-time waiver the Ivy League has instituted.

But him going to Hofstra for grad school wouldn't measure up academically or in terms of his basketball experience, given the options he has.

It would make zero sense. Jimmy is an elite student. If he wants to pursue graduate education somewhere on-par with his current Ivy League school, he'd likely find plenty of suitors at programs where he could play [Vandy, Rice, Northwestern, etc.]. Why would he go to Hofstra?

If he wants to live out the dream of playing with his brother / for his father at the finish line of his dad's illustrious HOF career, then coming to Syracuse makes sense.

Or he could always stay at Cornell and close out his career, and go to grad school there in light of the one-time waiver the Ivy League has instituted.

But him going to Hofstra for grad school wouldn't measure up academically or in terms of his basketball experience, given the options he has.

We don't know what his basketball options are. It's all guesswork. My general point is that I could see him going elsewhere for the reasons I've stated. Hofstra is the current rumor that I'm responding to but I'm willing to believe other destinations besides Cuse. I don't think that's a terribly controversial take.

Do we know that playing at SU is actually something that is on the table for Jimmy? Or is this just board speculation?

Yes...id imagine he has played against all of them often. The coaches also know what Jimmy is capable of and have seen him a lot. They wouldn't bring him in if they didn't think he could help.
They could be bringing him in here just as a bench guy. If QG and Frank come back, I don't see much time for Jimmy Jr. He would have Benny, Cole, QG ahead of him. And Sid, Jesse, and Frank at center ahead of him. Not many minutes there.

He might still want to do it just for the family/school experience. If he knows what is in store for him and is a good teammate, he would be a good addition just in the team sense.

If Jimmy doesnt come to SU I wanna see him at Iona with Pitino...

speaking of, I wonder what he is up to as far as portal poundage...

I think he is coming here. But I too could understand if it’s Hofstra. They have a pretty darn good graduate business school and he may see as a big advantage the fact that they have many internships in the NYC financial world.

They could be bringing him in here just as a bench guy. If QG and Frank come back, I don't see much time for Jimmy Jr. He would have Benny, Cole, QG ahead of him. And Sid, Jesse, and Frank at center ahead of him. Not many minutes there.

He might still want to do it just for the family/school experience. If he knows what is in store for him and is a good teammate, he would be a good addition just in the team sense.

If past history is any indication, then I think its unrealistic to expect our HC not to play Jimmy Jr. a lot.

But I feel more confident about him being a bench guy primarily with Swider now in the fold.

And I'm ok with that scenario and it would make sense if Q comes back. And if AG comes back thats even less playing time available for him (I have my doubts about both returning) but maybe Jimmy goes somewhere that is wide open for playing time idk? All signs seem to point to him coming...we'll know soon enough!

I would be surprised, but not stunned, if he doesn't come to SU. If the podcast that mentioned Hofstra is Dean Francis, well, I wouldn't bet against that guy too often. was it his podcast?

What podcast mentioned Hofstra?

He will be playing at Syracuse next year.
To everyone waiting to question this,

Im watching you.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online