jimmy boeheim | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

jimmy boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see if I’m doing this right:

“Why hasn’t he announced his decision yet? He said it was coming soon and that was over a day ago! This doesn’t make any sense! Time to cut bait and find someone who wants to be here!”
A true Orangeman would commit BEFORE he was even offered.

A message needs to be sent by pulling offers if they don’t commit fast enough.

SMH
He misses one guy on a corner three and whomever is on the bench is coming in, if I didn’t see this 1000 times with freshman not named Carmelo Anthony the thought wouldn’t cross my mind.

He misses one guy on a corner three and whomever is on the bench is coming in, if I didn’t see this 1000 times with freshman not named Carmelo Anthony the thought wouldn’t cross my mind.
You don't think Jimmy and Cole will face that as well?

SMH Cole will play. As will Jimmy. As will Benny. Everyone wants more guys to play until they play more guys.
I’ve always felt 3 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 centers is the sweet spot, rotation wise if your roster is built well. Even better if a couple G/F’s can play both spots like Pace and Duany in 2003. Since we don’t seem to have that versatility, really hoping we sign another guard that can play.

You don't think Jimmy and Cole will face that as well?
Cole more than Jimmy, but not nearly as bad as Benny.

We’re coming off a year where the coach said our best defensive guard was our worst one.

Someone is going to sit in the doghouse this year, my money is on Benny.

SMH Cole will play. As will Jimmy. As will Benny. Everyone wants more guys to play until they play more guys.
They all well, then ACC time comes and we’re at 5 guys playing 30+ a game again. Someone is going to sit, I’m willing to bet it’s the only freshman that’s surrounded by juniors and seniors.

We’re coming off a year where the coach said our best defensive guard was our worst one.

that’s not what JB said or how he phrased it. He said K gets more steals and stuff but buddy and Joe were technically better. Meaning they understood slides, rotations, etc better.

that’s not what JB said or how he phrased it. He said K gets more steals and stuff but buddy and Joe were technically better. Meaning they understood slides, rotations, etc better.
Dean Francis broke down the defensive rotations.
I will say I believe Buddy understands that stuff.
I won’t be rude to the other guy but the tape shows it.

im sure JB breaks down tape too.
Could have this wrong but I thought in that SI article a decade or so back, Boeheim said he wasn’t a big tape guy.

Could have this wrong but I thought in that SI article a decade or so back, Boeheim said he wasn’t a big tape guy.

I know that’s all his assts do. So he personally maybe not.

Just because I understand an offense or defense better doesn’t mean I should play it if the guy behind me is physically superior and makes more plays. Hogwash and coach speak.

I have said this before and I will say it again, don't put a down payment on worry. If it happens next year, complain about it then.

Dean Francis broke down the defensive rotations.
I will say I believe Buddy understands that stuff.
I won’t be rude to the other guy but the tape shows it.
A word to the wise, and not just for this discussion, but if Dean says it, it doesn't mean it is true. I subscribe to Dean but I have never listened to one webcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom