JJ just interviewed on The 315 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JJ just interviewed on The 315

I would relive the entire 1980’s decade on a constant repeat over and over again. It was the best of times bar none. Kids today have literally no idea
yep,

I took it as he’s going to give it his all next week. The rest of the interview didn’t sound like someone that wants to leave here. If anything, it sounded like he is going to be a key part in making sure the team stays together.

Last edited:
The only way to close the college sports Pandora's Box might be to have the kids collectively bargain into multi-year contracts. But it might just be too late to save my favorite thing in the world.

It actually makes me upset that I might never get to share my passion with my yet-to-be-conceived children. College sports as a product might survive but the things that made me fall in love with them are getting dangerously close to the edge
i think they should just make it full on professional and just keep the branding of the NCAA schools etc

that way, yeah, you could do multi-year contracts and keep it from being a free for all mess

Seems like the kind of reply I want! I want the entire team to play like that! You know why? Because it just might be your last game! Life is life.

I didn’t interpret it at all that he’s leaving.

I took it as he’s going to give it his all next week. The rest of the interview didn’t sound like someone that wants to leave here. If anything, it sounded like he is going to be a key part in making sure the team stays together.
I don't understand those kind of comments. Players should give their all, all the time.

You guys are taking his comment wrong. I took it as he’s gonna play as if it’s his last game meaning balls to the wall.
Clemson would have been a good time to do that too...

Hard to imagine why coaches would want to get into this profession anymore.

Zero downtime from recruiting, now you have to deal with NIL craziness, other teams poaching your players like pro free agency, players being able to transfer out unfettered.

Crazy.
It's not like pro free agency... it's way crazier! At least pro contracts place some sort of limitations on free agency.

Just thinking today about the 80's. My late father and I would take the week of the Big east tournament off and watch all the games together. You disliked the kids on the other teams because you knew them so well. The players on our team were like members of the family for 4 years. It will never be like that again. We play teams now and I don't know one kid on the other team.
If you don't know Bacot by now...

I don't understand those kind of comments. Players should give their all, all the time.
People says things. It's the same when you ask someone who just lost what are you going to do for the next game and they say I am going to give 150% next game. Well if they can give 150% then that 150 is actually 100 LOL.

The only way to close the college sports Pandora's Box might be to have the kids collectively bargain into multi-year contracts. But it might just be too late to save my favorite thing in the world.

It actually makes me upset that I might never get to share my passion with my yet-to-be-conceived children. College sports as a product might survive but the things that made me fall in love with them are getting dangerously close to the edge
Look at it this way, at least you have time for the ship to be righted somewhat. My kids have been growing up in the worst environment college sports has ever put out there for fans. IF it does get cleaned up it’s not going to happen overnight. Unfortunately it might be too late for my kids. Hot dogs and candy only go so far when you don’t know who is on the team and don’t care.

i think they should just make it full on professional and just keep the branding of the NCAA schools etc

that way, yeah, you could do multi-year contracts and keep it from being a free for all mess
It’s the only way out of this mess, provided they introduce some type of salary cap.

Society has changed. Games are a one off entertainment event, nothing more. They provide stimulation with no need for effort on the part of attendees. No need to know the opposing players, coaches or past histories. Players will be replaced ASAP therefore history will be irrelevant. There will not be anymore long tenured coaches. This is the age of instant gratification and wokeism in which sports, and competition, should not be taken too seriously. I surmise that: 1) TV ratings for college basketball have seen their peak, and 2) college basketball cannot be reformed to it's past glory.

unfortunately thats just not the way it works...but I agree

every NBA game should be played at playoff intensity...but alas...no.

(thats one reason I like soccer - only 1 game a week - usually - and they have to go hard)

Society has changed. Games are a one off entertainment event, nothing more. They provide stimulation with no need for effort on the part of attendees. No need to know the opposing players, coaches or past histories.
effort? It was never effort. It was fun.

Wow, talk about taking something out of context. I just listened to the interview.

JJ was asked if he cared about what time of day they would have to play and whether he has any preference. JJ responded with no, not all. I'm going to be playing like it's my last game and I know the other guys are going to do the same.

He clearly meant, as a few others have stated, that he's going go to come with 110% effort because he (and the team knows) that anything less, and it could be their last.

I’m going to up the drama and say what if he meant … for the rest of his life?

Or what if...and I'm just spitballin' here so, hear me out. What if... he has some incurable disease that will only allow him to play one more game, as if it's his last one? Huh? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom