JJ just interviewed on The 315 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JJ just interviewed on The 315

Ive accepted that every year we will lose all of our players basically and whoever comes back comes back. I really dont care anymore. College athletics are not what they used to be and never ever will again
Yep. This is the only mentally healthy approach.

JJ was asked if he cared about what time of day they would have to play and whether he has any preference. JJ responded with no, not all. I'm going to be playing like it's my last game and I know the other guys are going to do the same.
OMG. The whole team is portaling at once? As a unit?
Maybe (if we're lucky) we can claim LeMoyne's old spot in D2.
(sarcasm font = Courier New)

Coach Autry didn't seem very confident about holding this team together on his show:

"If we wind up in the NIT, will some players opt out like some football players did for our bowl game? Also, how optimistic are you that this bunch of sophomores will stay at Syracuse and reach their potential in an Orange uniform?”

"I called in to ask my two main questions, which Coach said were “two great questions.” He said it in a way that sounded like he wasn’t so much praising me as confronting two great questions he’s going to have to deal with. “We haven’t gotten that far. We are still thinking about the NCAA tournament….People plan on chasing dreams…(What happened in the bowl game) hasn’t happened in basketball yet. It wouldn’t shock me. I’m hopeful. We have to make decisions…It’s about instant gratification, (these days). I don’t know.” I asked if the school would opt out of the NIT if too many players did so. “We haven’t gotten that far. We’d still want to win any tournament we are in. If we don’t have enough players…But I’m not sure.”

OMG. The whole team is portaling at once? As a unit?
Maybe (if we're lucky) we can claim LeMoyne's old spot in D2.
(sarcasm font = Courier New)
It's called a package deal. We've heard of two guys going together, but this is the whole team approach. It's 2024. The question is, does this include Red??? They're all leaving Cuse?

It's called a package deal. We've heard of two guys going together, but this is the whole team approach. It's 2024. The question is, does this include Red??? They're all leaving Cuse?

After a bad loss a few years back, a guy told me he wanted the entire university disassembled and reconstructed somewhere else.

He said it in a way that sounded like he wasn’t so much praising me as confronting two great questions he’s going to have to deal with.
Or he said it in a courteous coach-speak way?

After a bad loss a few years back, a guy told me he wanted the entire university disassembled and reconstructed somewhere else.
That wasn’t me but I’m here for it if the stars align

People says things. It's the same when you ask someone who just lost what are you going to do for the next game and they say I am going to give 150% next game. Well if they can give 150% then that 150 is actually 100 LOL.

I think most can relate to finding that place, whether it's the last 3 holes of a match play golf match, the 3rd set of a local tennis league, or the last 5 minutes of hoops. Where you need to find a way.

Just thinking today about the 80's. My late father and I would take the week of the Big east tournament off and watch all the games together. You disliked the kids on the other teams because you knew them so well. The players on our team were like members of the family for 4 years. It will never be like that again. We play teams now and I don't know one kid on the other team.
Did that with my dad in 2006. What a great experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom