JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

We will soon get reports that JJ has regained his elite shooting status.

And we will be treated to 5 counters that he can't shoot a lick and that everyone hopes the guard we get with Judah leaving can compete and can eat up his minutes if necessary. As the world turns discussing SU hoops lol.

Mind you either could end up accurate... choose your team and let's roll it out!

Brown stockings vs palpable buzz :)

And we will be treated to 5 counters that he can't shoot a lick and that everyone hopes the guard we get with Judah leaving can compete and can eat up his minutes if necessary. As the world turns discussing SU hoops lol.

Mind you either could end up accurate... choose your team and let's roll it out!

Brown stockings vs palpable buzz :)
I just look at his shooting form. He will be a good shooter. I understand those who just look at numbers, that’s logical, but this kid’s stroke is great. So, is Taylor’s.

I just look at his shooting form. He will be a good shooter. I understand those who just look at numbers, that’s logical, but this kid’s stroke is great. So, is Taylor’s.

Yeah I got you. My post was just having a little lighthearted fun with the back and forth.

Ha! You mean someone with even a modest background can look at shooting mechanics, form, balance, ball rotation, and shooting #s in HS/AAU and tell if that player can be a good shooter despite poor numbers while playing with an injury as a freshman in the ACC?

Ha! You mean someone with even a modest background can look at shooting mechanics, form, balance, ball rotation, and shooting #s in HS/AAU and tell if that player can be a good shooter despite poor numbers while playing with an injury as a freshman in the ACC?
People value different things in their personal evaluations, and I’m totally cool with that. I tend to seek evidence for a more positive outlook, and in JJ’s case I believed the evidence is there.

People seem to forget that Starling was 22 in the RSCI rankings for his class. Westry was 33. They would have been our best class in many years.

And we get to have them after a year of playing experience, P6 level S&C and top notch coaching.

Starling had a really good freshman year on a bad team, against ACC competition. Next year is going to be even better.

BTW, because Westry was injured, he'll be a freshman in eligibility next year.

People seem to forget that Starling was 22 in the RSCI rankings for his class. Westry was 33. They would have been our best class in many years.

And we get to have them after a year of playing experience, P6 level S&C and top notch coaching.

Starling had a really good freshman year on a bad team, against ACC competition. Next year is going to be even better.

BTW, because Westry was injured, he'll be a freshman in eligibility next year.

Just because I was thinking of it, I looked it up... Starling and Westry would have been a class worth 147 points, in a top heavy year, it would have been 17th best class in '22.

Our last class getting close was Tyus Battle and Matthew Moyer in 2016, worth 111 points, good for 14th in a year where the talent was less concentrated.

We have to go back to '15 with Richardson, Lydon, Diagne and Howard to get a class worth more points, coming in with 156.

I choose not to count Diagne, since he and I are tied for minutes played with the home town Orange... So to get to a recruiting class where everybody made it to campus better than the Starling/Westry class we need to go back to 2011! That class featured Christmas, MCW and Cooney.

So, I reiterate my point. If you think recruiting ratings matter, you should be pretty excited by our two transfers.

He's back...
Screenshot_20230511-231200_Instagram.jpg

LGO!

JJ is a shooter. His stroke is better than Judahs

Well, you and OburgOrange can have a nice little party. ;)

Yall just don't know;)... all the wear and tear from being on the farm growing up to playing multiple sports and injuries - not having a guaranteed freaking back ache from sandals with poor support in the summer ... trading fashion for less advil- is a wonderful thing..

Yall just don't know;)... all the wear and tear from being on the farm growing up to playing multiple sports and injuries - not having a guaranteed freaking back ache from sandals with poor support in the summer ... trading fashion for less advil- is a wonderful thing..
If Crocs help with the backache, I might be ready to abandon fashion as well.

Unfortunately, it might also mean the loss of the wife, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom