JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

Not raining on the parade, just suggesting that we give promising future sophomores here the same long leash (bell). If a five star game came here and had that freshman season, we might be wondering about him more than we are.

Love the athleticism…..but before we get too excited can we acknowledge the need for a lot of off-season shooting practice, especially if he is going to play the 2 guard! When other players absolutely torched our zone defense this season, JJ went 3-9 (1-6 from 3) for 7 points AND 3-10 (0-3 from 3) for 6 points in the two games against us.
Well luckily nobody else plays zone

He didn’t recruit. That’s not a joke when I say that. He talked to Taylor on a few occasions and talked to Judah when he needed to. But I’ve always said the kids want to be recruited by the head coach and you can see already how much it matters. Him and Judah in backcourt. Oh boy
You have reason to believe Judah is staying or speculation and wishful thinking by you??

Starling says he will play 'point guard and shooting guard'. Reading between the lines, but Judah coming back confirmed? If Judah was gone he would've been told he was playing PG 100%

"My relationship with Coach Autry is very strong," Starling said. "That is a guy I know I can trust, and he isn't sugarcoating anything. He is going to allow his players to play with freedom and also instill confidence whenever they need it. We are going to push the ball in transition and play to the best of our abilities with the utmost confidence. I will most likely be a point guard and shooting guard, but I am willing to play whatever role is necessary for us to win games.

Love reading stuff like this

Not raining on the parade, just suggesting that we give promising future sophomores here the same long leash (bell). If a five star game came here and had that freshman season, we might be wondering about him more than we are.
I have had similar concerns about his shooting specifically.

Benny is a prime example. He might flourish under an uptempo offense.. We know he has potential. He just needs confidence in his abilities.

Have any info on if we’re looking at any other transfers?
We're all full until someone transfers out, Judah turns pro or one of the seniors declines to take an extra year. 13 schollys: Judah, Joe, JJ, Jesse, Carey, Hima, Patterson, Brown, Copeland, Sy, Taylor, Bell, Benny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom