JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

JJ Starling Transferring to Syracuse

Didn't ol Teddy Lampkins average 12ppg last year? I could see him beating that this year.

I think that's the right top3... If I could predict the order accurately, I would have way more than 2 lifetime Iggy awards :mad:
And a guy not mentioned probably makes more than all of them combined. Hope Eddie will give the guys rides in his new whip.

JJ is a very good driver. Rewatch the North Carolina game, the Oregon game and others and you’ll see the potential. And why are you so stuck believing that players can’t improve facets of their game?
last year's roster made JJ's drives so difficult...teams could pack the paint with impunity

this years will open the lane for him...will be night and day

people are going to be wowed, imo...he's going to take off

j.j. took a back seat to mintz. whether that was scripted or not i don't know. no such excuse this year.

JJ will lead this team in scoring. Followed by Chris and Eddie not sure in which order.
I think you’re underestimating Freeman. Of the four, he’s the only one likely to be a first round NBA pick. I think all 4 will be in double figures, but not sure of the order.

I think you’re underestimating Freeman. Of the four, he’s the only one likely to be a first round NBA pick. I think all 4 will be in double figures, but not sure of the order.
I think Freeman's absolute ceiling is 20-10... I am guessing he'll actually get 15-6, which will be among the better freshman seasons we've had.

A Chris McCullough, Donte Greene, O’Shea Brissett type season.

Freeman can just score in so many ways. He's going to have games where he goes right around the big guy they try to defend him with, then he'll post up the smaller guy they try next, all the while going 3-9 from three point range and shooting 7-10 from the free throw line.

I think he'll have some 25+ point games this season, in the games that count.

He also will have some freshman stinkers, which is why Davis is so important.

I think Freeman's absolute ceiling is 20-10... I am guessing he'll actually get 15-6, which will be among the better freshman seasons we've had.

Freeman can just score in so many ways. He's going to have games where he goes right around the big guy they try to defend him with, then he'll post up the smaller guy they try next, all the while going 3-9 from three point range and shooting 7-10 from the free throw line.

I don't see him averaging 15 a game. If he does, we will be very good. I expect more in the 10 to 11 range.

I think Freeman is too talented to not at least attempt to feature as your offensive focal point.

I want to believe the hype with Starling but every time I look at his basketball reference page its worse than I remember it. For him to be what people are talking like he'll have to be the most improved player in the country.

I think Freeman is too talented to not at least attempt to feature as your offensive focal point.

I want to believe the hype with Starling but every time I look at his basketball reference page its worse than I remember it. For him to be what people are talking like he'll have to be the most improved player in the country.
Did you watch the ACC season Starling was very good

Derrick Coleman averaged something like 12 points and 9 boards as a freshman. 11 ppg and 6-7 boards sounds about right.
It was a different game back then. Derek Coleman was dealing with rosters starting all juniors and seniors, now everybody that is good is either a freshman, or already in the NBA.

He was white hot for a stretch, but lost 5 our 6 games he was as bad as he was earlier in the year. JJ needs to be consistent.

This is pretty accurate and why there is such a huge difference in opinion on what to expect. His highs were very high and his lows where ouff as low as it gets for a P5 guard. Offensively he reminds me a bit of Brandon Triche, can do everything and sometimes does but you never know what you are going to get. (I'm just talking about offensive scoring BTW obviously Brandon was a much better defender/rebounder/passer)

I think JJ will be more consistent but still streaky. If he improves a little bit across the board and the offense and personal is a better fit as it seems to be then he should be a good player with a couple great games and a couple What games. I would be happy with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom