Jobs that Ray Rice will not have in his future | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jobs that Ray Rice will not have in his future

Secretary General of the UN
VP of Operations - Vera House
Baltimore Ravens RB

I think he plead guilty to obstructing and blocking a murder case,one that many feel he was involved with to this day

There is a huge difference between obstruction justice, and physically abusing a woman. For all we know Lewis might have been afraid that if he turned this guy in, he would have come after him.

There is a huge difference between obstruction justice, and physically abusing a woman. For all we know Lewis might have been afraid that if he turned this guy in, he would have come after him.
explain that one to the victims family when seeking justice....I would never back Ray Lewis for what he did,are you?

explain that one to the victims family when seeking justice...I would never back Ray Lewis for what he did,are you?

I am no Ray Lewis fan, but in the grand scheme of things, which one is worse? Beating the heck out of your wife, or obstruction of justice? I am going to assume that no one in here has ever witnessed a murder before, so who knows how we would react in that situation.

Secretary General of the UN
VP of Operations - Vera House
Baltimore Ravens RB

He won't qualify for Secretary General but he may make the Human Rights Committee...

What was Ray Lewis convicted of? Or was caught doing?

What were you looking for here - "Great point Brian - I forgot he wasn't convicted"?
You're right I never witnessed a murder. I bet most people who have didn't have their clothes from the same night magically disappear, or get the victim's blood in their limo, then reach a couple settlements, right before being worshipped like a hero by the media and being the most vigorously defended person in the history of the internet. Raw deal for him.
But everyone is a hero for calling Ray Rice a dirtbag. Whatever.

What were you looking for here - "Great point Brian - I forgot he wasn't convicted"?
You're right I never witnessed a murder. I bet most people who have didn't have their clothes from the same night magically disappear, or get the victim's blood in their limo, then reach a couple settlements, right before being worshipped like a hero by the media and being the most vigorously defended person in the history of the internet. Raw deal for him.
But everyone is a hero for calling Ray Rice a dirtbag. Whatever.

Did Ray Lewis make a mistake? Yes he did, but is it on the same level as what Ray Rice did?, not even close.

Did Ray Lewis make a mistake? Yes he did, but is it on the same level as what Ray Rice did?, not even close.

Since there is no video evidence, it's hard to say which is worse. We don't know what Lewis did, only what he was convicted of. We know that the 2 guys who were stabbed to death were in Lewis' limo. We also know that his white suit magically disappeared. Since no one in that limo seems to know what happened, no one was ever convicted of murder. They got Lewis on what they could prove. Did he murder those two guys and dump them on a street corner in Buckhead? Maybe. Did he obstruct justice? Yes. The prosecutors took what they could get. So you're right in the sense that's it's not even close If Lewis stabbed those 2 to death, that isn't on the same level as you said. If he merely doesn't want the world to know that he doesn't want his friends to be accountable for taking the lives of two people, you're also right that it's on a different level, but for different reasons. Either way, I think Lewis is a major dbag who shouldn't be glorified.

Marriage counselor
I think he will not be considered by a ton of jobs out there who will want to be mentioned as hiring this A-hole. Roger Goodell might be applying for a new job soon as well. Now that the disclosure that his office had the video of the inside the elevator slugfest for Rice. Some shmuk will probably take the fall for this in his office by not giving him the video supposedly.

I think he will get a second chance. Heck, if Vick got a second chance, Rice will get one. Problem is (for RR), career-wise, Rice is closer to the end of his than Vick was.
I can't see it - like you said, he's already closer to the end now and he's too hot to touch for at least a year or two. Just don't see a second chance in his future...

I can't see it - like you said, he's already closer to the end now and he's too hot to touch for at least a year or two. Just don't see a second chance in his future...
I think if he shows contriteness and makes the effort, he can be back next season. As we both said though, that may be too late.

I am no Ray Lewis fan, but in the grand scheme of things, which one is worse? Beating the heck out of your wife, or obstruction of justice? I am going to assume that no one in here has ever witnessed a murder before, so who knows how we would react in that situation.
The Dome Ranger did, during the 1987 FF. Stepped up and testified. Go Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom