Joe got his post game pizza | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Joe got his post game pizza

Johnny's behind Peter's was the best.

Mario and Salvos is basically Pavones. Both worked there for a long time before opening their joint.

Hot take... The Sicilian pie from either, is better than their New York style.

2 slices with a beef patty from Acropolis was the best 2:15 meal a guy could dream of
Ordered the beef patty with cheese and sauce so many times that when I walked in they just needed to confirm before they put it in the oven.

Does anyone remember the pizza place across the street from Syracuse Stage? That was arguably the best slice I had while at SU. People can't believe it when I say that Central New York would give NYC a run for it's money when it comes to pizza.

Anybody talking bad about Mario and Salvo's -- G T F O

I think Mario and salvos is great. Never had avicollis despite spending ton of time in Fayetteville these days.

Loved Acropolis

Yeah that was my favorite as well. That and always enjoyed talking with the owners. Yes it was more oily than some but still great. Was glad I got a slice the year before they closed.

Johnny's behind Peter's was the best.

Mario and Salvos is basically Pavones. Both worked there for a long time before opening their joint.

Hot take... The Sicilian pie from either, is better than their New York style.
Johnny’s always gets an automatic like from me!

I was a huge fan of Zorba’s Turkey subs, still one of my all time faves.
It was the melted cheese that made them amazing. He also made them with exactly the right amount of fresh shredded lettuce, onions and mayo.The perfectly toasted sub roll put it over the top. He never missed, those turkey subs were heavenly. I am seeing one right now in my imagination.

Last edited:
It was the melted cheese that made them amazing. He also made them with exactly the right amount of fresh shredded lettuce, onions and mayo.The perfectly toasted sub roll put it over the top. He never missed, those turkey subs were heavenly. I am seeing one right now in my imagination.
Oh hell yes, that cheese was insane!

My only complaint on Cosmos was the pizza sauce. Never was a huge fan of their recipe.
Cosmos was the best pizza ever on M Street and the surrounding area, IMO. Acropolis and Zorba's were mediocre at best. Varsity a distant second (yet I still like it).

Butch's on Wescott St rocked.

The best Pizza in the Syracuse area right now is Avicollis Coal Fire in Fayetteville.
Hot damn the "Capri" is calling my name.

Olive oil, thyme, garlic, gorgonzola,
caramelized onion, prosciutto, mushroom, topped with asiago, and white truffle oil.

blanche-hot.gif

I just want thin, floppy crust that you’ve gotta fold over to eat, good sauce, cheese, some parmasean sprinkled on, way too much grease, and hot enough cheese to burn the roof of my mouth.

Hot damn the "Capri" is calling my name.

Olive oil, thyme, garlic, gorgonzola,
caramelized onion, prosciutto, mushroom, topped with asiago, and white truffle oil.

blanche-hot.gif

That’s a capri salad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom