Joe More transferring to Arkansas | Syracusefan.com

Joe More transferring to Arkansas

Kid has had a tough go. Didn’t think he had a real
path to get playing time

Agreed. Was excited when we landed him last off-season, and hoped his talent would translate to P5. His injury last year was costly for us.

Now, I think he's been recruited over. That's what happens when you bring in a new coach, and a bunch of transfers.

We're still packing major depth at OL, even without More / Bass.

Even before we kept adding bodies he was looking at issues getting on the field.

And when people were listing the projecting of the 2deep most forgot him.

Down to 44 (hey ohhh) returning players, nearly a 50% roster turnover.

Have to think there's another 4 or 5 to hit the portal right?

There's a few OL whose names I haven't heard in a long time, unless in a negative context (Ellis).

Braden Davis doesn't seem to have a home (position wise).

Hatcher appears to have been surpassed by Gill, Pena, Haynes. And you assume Meeks as well, and Ross-Simmons soon.

Down to 44 (hey ohhh) returning players, nearly a 50% roster turnover.

Have to think there's another 4 or 5 to hit the portal right?

There's a few OL whose names I haven't heard in a long time, unless in a negative context (Ellis).

Braden Davis doesn't seem to have a home (position wise).

Hatcher appears to have been surpassed by Gill, Pena, Haynes. And you assume Meeks as well, and Ross-Simmons soon.

At minimum, IMO.

Joe suffered another high ankle injury last week and was looking at minor surgery and a 6-8 week recovery timeline. With our tight roster situation I wonder if this wasn’t 100% his decision.

Tough to see. I have had the opportunity to meet Joe several times and his dad was a regular at the SyraCRUZ tailgate. You can count on one hand the number of players that have been in Joe’s league as far as class and character at SU. Wishing him absolutely nothing but the very best.

Joe suffered another high ankle injury last week and was looking at minor surgery and a 6-8 week recovery timeline. With our tight roster situation I wonder if this wasn’t 100% his decision.

Tough to see. I have had the opportunity to meet Joe several times and his dad was a regular at the SyraCRUZ tailgate. You can count on one hand the number of players that have been in Joe’s league as far as class and character at SU. Wishing him absolutely nothing but the very best.
Yeah totally wish him the best - has been snake bit by injuries for sure. But if you have one year to play and are not pegged to start - I get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom