Joe Schad Tweet | Syracusefan.com

Joe Schad Tweet

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
latestpic_normal.jpg

schadjoe Joe Schad

Expect UCF, Houston and SMU to be formally invited by BE (they would accept) as early as Tuesday

In other news, Man Lands on Moon, Grass Still Green, Rutgers Still Irrelevant.

latestpic_normal.jpg

schadjoe Joe Schad

Expect UCF, Houston and SMU to be formally invited by BE (they would accept) as early as Tuesday

Marinatto Tuesday Press Conference: "Gentlemen, please welcome THE members of the Big East Football Conference".

UCF-Houston-SMU-Ville-UCONN-Rutgers-Cinci-USF

Who would take away a BCS berth from that BEast!!!!???
Don't forget there is a back room agreement for Notre Dame to schedule one Big East team a year.

Don't forget there is a back room agreement for Notre Dame to schedule one Big East team a year.

The way this is breaking down with the Big XII surviving couldn't work out better for us. The Big East will move along with there basketball/football mish mosh hybrid. Big XII stands pat at 10 for now. ACC/SEC w Mizz/Pac/B1G all go on their way until ND makes up there mind...the whole time UCONN and Rutgers are stuck in Providence-land.

Also the basketball conference is still pretty good so maybe ND isnt in such a hurry to leave.

So if WV leaves and there is no other movement, what the hell happens next year? Would these squatters show up in 2012? The Sun Beast could be 10 teams for a year, and a round-robin schedule would mean having to cancel 2 games.

Lmao for real that pic is awsome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the new big east is like going to see a band from the 70s/80s play at your local tavern. the lead singer and the 2 guitarists are gone and all thats left is the bass player who joined on the 3rd album with the original drummer who is back after being kicked out after the 1st album.

Who would take away a BCS berth from that BEast!!!!???
If one were to add Boise, BYU, AF & Navy they may be able to prolong things another cycle.

the new big east is like going to see a band from the 70s/80s play at your local tavern. the lead singer and the 2 guitarists are gone and all thats left is the bass player who joined on the 3rd album with the original drummer who is back after being kicked out after the 1st album.

This is a great analogy...

(and even more appropriate if Temple is invited back)

If one were to add Boise, BYU, AF & Navy they may be able to prolong things another cycle.
The instability is going to scare real teams away. And by real, I mean established Programs that are perfectly fine where they are.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the SEC, B12, and ACC all agree to help the Big East keep its BCS eligibility beyond 2014 in exchange for allowing SU, Pitt and WVU to leave early. (along with a financial buyout of some kind)

The instability is going to scare real teams away.

If Boise and BYU cant get into the Big XII, I guess they would take there chances in "THE SunBEast" In terms of football you will have the SEC-----dropoff----Pac/B1G/ACC/BigXII-----dropoff-----SunBEast?

Isn't that new lineup literally C-USA from 8 years ago?

the new big east is like going to see a band from the 70s/80s play at your local tavern. the lead singer and the 2 guitarists are gone and all thats left is the bass player who joined on the 3rd album with the original drummer who is back after being kicked out after the 1st album his 1st rehab stint.

Corrected. :)

Watch it get bigger and bigger as it scoops up CUSA and MAC teams

NASA did you make this or did you borrow it from somewhere? I'd like to share it over at the NCAAbbs board.

Isn't that new lineup literally C-USA from 8 years ago?

Yes, not surprising really, order has been restored. Rutgers can stick it, they have sucked off the teet long enough

latestpic_normal.jpg

schadjoe Joe Schad

I think the additions of SMU and Houston - with their explosive passing games - will be a great thing for the Big East. (Millhouse must find it somewhat frustrating that he probably won't see either team in the Carrier Dome!)

And I think UCF with George O'Leary will also add something.

Add those teams plus Boise State, Navy and maybe Air Force along with Cincy, Rutgers, So Fla and Louisville, and you have a decent conference or at least one strong enough to retain the AQ.

I hope it happens and that all parties make it happen by next fall.

I think the additions of SMU and Houston - with their explosive passing games - will be a great thing for the Big East. (Millhouse must find it somewhat frustrating that he probably won't see either team in the Carrier Dome!)

Add those teams plus BYU, Navy and maybe Air Force along with Cincy, Rutgers, So Fla and Louisville, and you have a decent conference or at least one strong enough to retain the AQ.

Don't forget the explosive ground game of Arkansas State.

Reactions: CIL

Add those teams plus BYU, Navy and maybe Air Force along with Cincy, Rutgers, So Fla and Louisville, and you have a decent conference or at least one strong enough to retain the AQ.

I'm guessing you meant Boise State, not BYU.

If the BEFC retains AQ status it will have nothing to do with the quality of it's membership. It will have everything to do with the BCS leadership not wanting Congressional involvement.

I'm guessing you meant Boise State, not BYU.

If the BEFC retains AQ status it will have nothing to do with the quality of it's membership. It will have everything to do with the BCS leadership not wanting Congressional involvement.

Boise State.

I'll correct.