JoePa "retiring" at end of season...Official(merged threads) | Syracusefan.com

JoePa "retiring" at end of season...Official(merged threads)

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Report by an AP source. Just heard it on Mike and Mike. Will post a link if I come across one.

Just heard bulletin on WCBS radio. As I predicted, he has apparently announced his "retirement." Only logical way for this to begin to play out.

The rest of this season is going to be a disaster for PSU. He can't coach out this year. Unreal.

Completely unacceptable. Just unreal. What a Legend!! puke

Just heard bulletin on WCBS radio. As I predicted, he has apparently announced his "retirement." Only logical way for this to begin to play out.

Agree. The other interesting one that is brewing is whether the Chairman of the BOT, a former PSU VP, gets sacked this week.

Don't like him getting a "victory lap."

At the very least he should have been placed on Administrative Leave.

Gets everything he wants, leaves on his own terms, or as they will say. Most wins of any college coach, what he really wanted in all of this.

Yay America.

Hope all those abused kids end up having normal lives. Someone should care about them, since Penn State doesn't.

Don't like him getting a "victory lap."

At the very least he should have been placed on Administrative Leave.

I think this is going to be far from a victory lap. He should be out, but instead they are going to send him and the team around the country each week to get skewered.

He's going to get ripped at every remaining away game he coaches. The fans in Columbus will show him no mercy..

Nice to see PSU supports those who support pedophiles. They are a disgrace to the education system. SU needs to drop them from the schedule.

Gets everything he wants, leaves on his own terms, or as they will say. Most wins of any college coach, what he really wanted in all of this.

Yay America.

Hope all those abused kids end up having normal lives. Someone should care about them, since Penn State doesn't.

Mostly. However, I'm betting he'll spend the rest of his life in an endless series of interviews with the police/etc. and in depositions.

Completely unacceptable. Just unreal. What a Legend!! puke

Your words are not even strong enough, that's how bad that is.

This does not need to be multiple paragraph summary of what transpired to convey just how bad this is. It can be boiled down by:

-JoePa knew a boy was being sexually assaulted in 98.
-By not immediately picking up a phone and calling the police, he failed to remain a member of the human race.
-Because of this failure of basic morals (esp. one with paternal instincts), many other boys were raped.
-He should rot in hell.

Anyone with kids knows that you are always being a parent, not just with your kids. Any time I see another adult doing something to a child that is wrong, my fatherly instincts kick in and you want to right the wrong. I'm sure I'm no different than all of you out there...

Unreal.

He doesn't deserve the dignity to go out on his own terms.

I'm predicting Joe coaches on Saturday and that's it. No way does he go into Ohio State or Wisconsin.

Also, I'm wondering if he resigned in an attempt to avoid be fired on Thursday.

How many away games does psu have left? Those ought to be very interesting to say the least as they are eligible for a bowl as well.

It's going to be a zoo there on Sunday. Protesters are calling for fans to wear black.

Saw this coming. If he gets crucified (and he probably will) the last three games, that's part of his punishment. We still don't know the whole story with Paterno. We all think we do. But we don't.

How many away games does psu have left? Those ought to be very interesting to say the least as they are eligible for a bowl as well.

Two away games left, Ohio State and Wisconsin. If he sits upstairs like he's been doing, he'll avoid some of the wrath. Should be interesting, though.

With child abuse it becomes compounded. Statistically those kids could be messed up for life and then THEIR kids are messed up, and in turn their KID's kids can be messed up.

I still think Joe is out early. I won't be shocked if it's before the end of the week despite what is coming out now.

Every time I start to calm down about this story, PSU does or reveals something even more outrageous. Which sends me into a tizzy all over again. A rally last night and a victory lap coming Saturday. Unbelievable.

Hope all those abused kids end up having normal lives. Someone should care about them, since Penn State doesn't.[/quote]

I believe the official phrase is "the kids that were victims, or whatever they want to say"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom