John Wildhack and Pete Sala Press Conference | Wed 9:30 AM | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack and Pete Sala Press Conference | Wed 9:30 AM

Still wondering just what the entrance space does to make the experience better. He mentions grabbing food as the students come in and there is really nothing down there now, does that mean just more grab and go or actually some actual difference in what is served at that end now?

Did anything get announced on changes to entering since that was the main entrance area for people coming off the quad?

No updated pics in awhile just the generic shots, here he mentions how it will help the students flow in for fball but I guess that would mean maybe by the Nov games?

John is to his credit a realist. He was asked about sustaining excitement for years to come re. football, and he plainly states "with success, excitement will follow"

He understands the state of the fanbase and what works with the casual crowd.

Only college football stadium in America (unless you play your home games in a pro stadium) that has seat backs for every seat.

Surprised some of the newer stadiums (Minnesota, UCF, Baylor) wouldn't also have this.

John Wildhack in a MASSIVE knee brace

Kinda funny when they backed up the camera, and you see that only 6 members of the media were there. At least in the first row, and no one in the 2nd row.

Official capacity is 42,784.
Based on the count I saw yesterday via some very eagle eyed guy who responded to Axe, including student tickets, that would put the tickets sold for Saturday at 38,000 give or take a few

If the sound will improve with the new seats, does that mean it won't sound as loud either? Hope not.
I would think it probably will not be quite as loud for games that are poorly attended. Alumnim surely reflects sound better than plastic, especially plastic with all the strange angles the new seats present to sound waves.

For games with big crowds, it should be the same.

I don't believe him

I wonder if he’s referring to how the sound is from the speakers/sound system as opposed to level of crowd noise. Plastic seats might help the sound system from sounding so terrible……? No idea though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom