John Wildhack on why the school scheduled Clemson for homecoming | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack on why the school scheduled Clemson for homecoming

No. The Office of Alumni Relations got it. They led the charge, and then Wildhack agreed to go along with it. Let's give credit where credit is due.
Bullish!t. They may have led the charge, but they didn’t have the authority to change without his signature. And they only led the charge because so many alumni b!tched and complained. Should I thank everyone of you too?! That’s just ridiculous.

Bullish!t. They may have led the charge, but they didn’t have the authority to change without his signature. And they only led the charge because so many alumni b!tched and complained. Should I thank everyone of you too?! That’s just ridiculous.
Dude. Chill.

I can verify Alumni Relations spearheaded this effort. Did ADJW have the final say? Absolutely. Was he the leader of the effort? No. You say they "led the charge because so many alumni b!tched and complained." That is correct. OAR was the leader. It was not Wildhack's idea.

It's great that the University is going all-in on this game. It's hopefully going to really bring the fan-base back in. It's been lonely for us die-hards for a long time.

(I can't stand band-wagoners, though.)

Either way, makes perfect sense. No need for Tix promotion. If College Game Day is there, the quad should already be a mob scene. The optics are the best possible.

Dude. Chill.

I can verify Alumni Relations spearheaded this effort. Did ADJW have the final say? Absolutely. Was he the leader of the effort? No. You say they "led the charge because so many alumni b!tched and complained." That is correct. OAR was the leader. It was not Wildhack's idea.
I’m chill. I just didn’t appreciate that a generalized statement was met with a “you don’t know anything” type of response. Hence my aggressive response in return.

ADJW gets it. This isn’t the only move he’s made which lends to that statement. In fact, I actually may be in the minority here in thinking that the movement of the alumni game to the Clemson game wasn’t the most brilliant of moves. It will cost the football team 7K-10K fans at another game later in the season. That’s $350K-$500K in ticket revenue alone. I hope the alumni who pushed for this break out their checkbook and make due. But this was a wise decision because the University needs to cultivate those alumni for future donations in order to improve facilities, etc. Just hope it turns out a net positive, win or lose that game.

I’m chill. I just didn’t appreciate that a generalized statement was met with a “you don’t know anything” type of response. Hence my aggressive response in return.
OK. I didn't get that from llandz' post.
1549649701659.gif

The best part is win, and maybe get some big donations down the road. High visability wins always help bring in donations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom