John Wildhack | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

real question is Keeping people is easier, firing someone is pretty hard. The

I do not know if he can get it done or not, the point is he is not getting it done. I do not expect him to get it, done after watching him for 5 years. JW will I am sure give him at least next year and maybe till end of current contract, but I have not seen anything that gives me confidence in him getting it done.

But he's gotten it done. The question is / was why haven't we built on it or what happened to building blocks that went away. But in that 5 year span at one point he did it.

I cannot believe Dino had the balls to seem critical of fan attendance in 2018 and 2019. I don’t know why im angry about it now. But I am
You can tell he doesn't want to sit there and watch and he's getting paid millions, he gets it now, if he's honest with himself

Respectfully, that is NOT the question. That is your perception/opinion of what is happening. If that perception was shared by the AD, I don't think DB would be given the benefit of the doubt. Again, JW feels that DB can get the job done (or is our best chance at getting the job done). They are trying to address some of the obstacles to recruiting.
What if the obstacle to recruiting is HCDB and his staff and "system"?

What if the obstacle to recruiting is HCDB and his staff and "system"?
There is not obstacle that prevents us from getting 3 stars with other P5 guys and developing them, all dino & co has to do in most years is make a bowl, with our OOC schedule that requires 2-3 ACC wins a season, is our recruiting all that off in terms of doing that I say no. Personally idc about stars and class rank, how many top 800 guys do we get and who's offered the guys we do get is usually how i measure it.

Just give Marrone the HC job if he will come back.
I wouldn’t want Dino having final say on gameplans and pissing off Marrone.

The only reasons Marrone would come back here would a HC paycheck and he loves SU.
He also wanted an IPF. It’s there now, along with some other coaching $ upgrades.

But he's gotten it done. The question is / was why haven't we built on it or what happened to building blocks that went away. But in that 5 year span at one point he did it.
I assume you mean 2018, but that was not him, that was Dungey, and players recruited by Shafer. Dungey covered up a lot by making plays after the failure of the initial calls. Sorry but I give him little credit for that flash in the pan. The very next year we tanked. This year a dumpster fire. A coach getting the job done does not have that happen.

I assume you mean 2018, but that was not him, that was Dungey, and players recruited by Shafer. Dungey covered up a lot by making plays after the failure of the initial calls. Sorry but I give him little credit for that flash in the pan. The very next year we tanked. This year a dumpster fire. A coach getting the job done does not have that happen.

That is so stupid

Robinson, Cisco, DeVito, Szymt, Neal, Harris, Martin, and Trill were all recruited by Dino and all played significant roles in that 10 win season.

Yeah, they need to keep him til then, since he’s got all those OL croots lined up.
(and yes - it’s a totally shitty thing to do, but thus is the way of big time college sports)

Dino needs to seriously consider a replacement there.

I harken back to the Nebraska fans who warned us about him, and they were more than glad to see him go.
Can’t really say they were wrong at this point.
I was close to DV in KC when the little train was there. I knew he was a nightmare hire.
Not a ton of love for Gilbert on the Net.

Robinson, Cisco, DeVito, Szymt, Neal, Harris, and Trill were all recruited by Dino and played big roles in that 10 win season.
Seems to me all those players were here last year too. So what happened if they were the difference makers?

Its because Dino was onto the next stop.
If he has a next stop in the next 4 years it likely won’t be one that he’s sign up for in 2018.

Seems to me all those players were here last year too. So what happened if they were the difference makers?

The OL and DL personnel were not set up as best as possible and Dino deserves blame for that. But once the OL got situated the team played better and was bowl caliber good.

The Officer says hello.

His first three years here Dino showed that given decent talent his O could put up yards and points. It wasn't just Dungey. Now why has it not been the same the last two years? Has the rest of the conference caught up to his system at all? Or is it all on the talent?

I am dumbfounded as to how he hasn't been able to bring in a stud WR. Year one he could sell the fact that he had 3 WRs at 70+ receptions and 950+ yards at Bowling Green. Year two he could sell 2 SU WRs at 90+ receptions and 800+ yards. Year 3 he could sell DeVito as the future QB and two WRs at 89+ receptions and 900+ yards. Year 4 he could sell 10-3 and 2 WRs over 750+ yards.

He had the O to sell. He had the Dome and perfect throwing conditions to sell. He had the future QB to sell. He had playing time to sell. So how the heck did he not land a stud in any of those classes?

Oh brilliant one, I am impressed that you think I have said something you think is stupid. You have no counter though so I assume you can only be pejorative.

Your argument is absurd on its face, it doesn’t warrant a counter

The OL and DL were not set up the best way and Dino deserves blame for that. But once the OL got situated the team played better and was bowl caliber good.
I get it you want it both ways, but tell me who was responsible for OL and DL both last year and this? Oh yea I remember now the coaches. Players were the same recruits you just brought to my attention right?

Syracuse needs bowl games 7-8+ of 10 years. There needs to be a division championship run 2+ years per decade.

Giving Clemson & FSU shitefits most years would be fun. Let’s win the division and the league some of the time... make the CFP every quarter (well, at least once before I kick the proverbial bucket ;)).

Dino desperately needs to address the OL (move Cavanaugh to a consultant role) and get some transfers (QB, OL, WR, DB). This should be an ongoing discussion with ADJW now through signing day. If he gets 5+ wins in 2021 he gets 2022. Go bowling in 2022 and let’s keep rolling. If we’re not bowling in 2021 nor 2022 nor an overall winning record for those years it will be time for a change.

Last edited:
I get it you want it both ways, but tell me who was responsible for OL and DL both last year and this? Oh yea I remember now the coaches. Players were the same recruits you just brought to my attention right?

I pointed out that a number of guys that Dino brought in helped win those 10 games that year, when you said it was all Dungey and Shafer guys when that is not true. Dungey gets a lot of credit for that season, but he also didn't technically win every game that year.

I could do the same thing you're doing, 2017 was more Shafer guys but they only won 4 games. 2018 Dino brought in more of his own guys and they won 10 games.

I pointed out that a number of guys that Dino brought in helped win those 10 games that year, when you said it was all Dungey and Shafer guys when that is not true. Dungey gets a lot of credit for that season, but he also didn't technically win every game that year.

I could do the same thing you're doing, 2017 was more Shafer guys but they only won 4 games. 2018 Dino brought in more of his own guys and they won 10 games.
I never said they were the only factors but Dungeys ability to improvise was a huge factor. 2017 as I recall was coached by Dino right?
Dinos players and Dino coaching failed in 2019 and is a dumpster fire now. The fact is our trajectory under the Dino regime is in the toilet. I expect him to be back next year but expect similar results next year. I do not see any quantifiabe measurables that indicate otherwise. I really hope that will not come to fruition. I want him to succeed but just am not seeing a pattern for sustained success.

I never said they were the only factors but Dungeys ability to improvise was a huge factor. 2017 as I recall was coached by Dino right?
Dinos players and Dino coaching failed in 2019 and is a dumpster fire now. The fact is our trajectory under the Dino regime is in the toilet. I expect him to be back next year but expect similar results next year. I do not see any quantifiabe measurables that indicate otherwise. I really hope that will not come to fruition. I want him to succeed but just am not seeing a pattern for sustained success.

That's fair, I think a lot of us agree that going back to Dual Threat QB will give us the best chance to win, and I think Dino knows that too. Lamson is a Dual Threat and the Miss ST Transfer we're going after is also a Dual Threat. Hopefully he comes here next year.

Syracuse needs bowl games 7-8+ of 10 years. There needs to be a division championship run 2+ years per decade.

Giving Clemson & FSU shitefits most years would be fun. Let’s win the division and the league some of the time... make the CFP every quarter.

Dino desperately needs to address the OL (move Cavanaugh to a consultant role) and get some transfers (QB, OL, WR, DB). This should be an ongoing discussion with ADJW now through signing day. If he gets 5+ wins in 2021 he gets 2022. Go bowling in 2022 and let’s keep rolling. If we’re not bowling in 2021 nor 2022 nor an overall winning record for those years it will be time for a change.
I constantly read we need to get some transfers. But we are so abysmal, who wants to transfer here when they watch us play. Why would any recruit in their right mind watch us get shut out by a 2 win Louisville team, lose to a Duke team and decide to transfer here . Our OL hasn't been able to block Holy Cross or Colgate the past few years. I'm serious but not trying to single you out. I constantly read this and scratch my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom