John Wildhack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Wildhack

I can’t believe he never blames himself for any of this. It drives me nuts. You’re terrible. You’re embarrassing these kids that have waited their whole life for these moments. Let them know you’re sorry for crying out loud
You want a kumbaya meeting? ;)

Wildhack isn't going to make a move. He gets at least two more seasons. We can't afford it and I think other pressure will force the school to give as long as leash as possible.

Cheeks in the seats improved steadily between ‘17 and ‘19. Im sure plenty of other season ticket holders will attest to that. We had huge swings in positive attendance change while the vast majority of college fb was steadily losing.
Uconn 2018 is when I noticed it, went from a 30-40% empty section no prob 85% full, if Db is here next year it'll be 30% full

Wildhack isn't going to make a move. He gets at least two more seasons. We can't afford it and I think other pressure will force the school to give as long as leash as possible.
He gets next year, he misses a bowl he's likely gone but if he's less than 5 wins hes 100% gone

Uconn 2018 is when I noticed it, went from a 30-40% empty section no prob 85% full, if Db is here next year it'll be 30% full
See me and a handful of board regulars crying into our foams in 319

Not when they have invested $100 million in the Dome. And, the alum who gave $25 million isn't going to stand idly by while Dino sets fire to the program.

Quite honestly and I’m not being a jerk when I say this, but the dome renovation was so far beyond overdue and great that JW got it done. But what has he done other than this ? I’m asking BC I honestly don’t know and would love some insight BC on the surface he hasn’t done much and the programs struggle

It was pledged/donated for a very specific purpose --- to bring the Manley athletic complex into the 21st century. It is a restricted capital gift; not one for operating expenses.

That may be, but don't think for a minute that giving that kind of gift doesn't bring with it the power to influence personnel decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite honestly and I’m not being a jerk when I say this, but the dome renovation was so far beyond overdue and great that JW got it done. But what has he done other than this ? I’m asking BC I honestly don’t know and would love some insight BC on the surface he hasn’t done much and the programs struggle
JW is running the athletic department in a more coherent way than anyone has in 20 years. He got Dino everything he wanted: better facilities, a bigger staff budget, etc. That Dino vomited on all of that is a different problem.

The rage at JW is misplaced IMHO.

That may be, but don't think for a minute that giving that kind of gift doesn't bring with it the power to influence personnel decisions.
That is a totally different question. Your original post suggested the money could be used for a buy-out. It cannot be. It is a restricted capital gift.

Last edited:
JW is running the athletic department in a more coherent way than anyone has in 20 years. He got Dino everything he wanted: better facilities, a bigger staff budget, etc. That Dino vomited on all of that is a different problem.

The rage at JW is misplaced IMHO.
Good response. I’m seriously asking BC as close as I am to the b-ball program and positive things are said there about him, I truly just wonder what everyone’s take is ...

He's a really great nice guy. We have those aplenty in many positions...

Well then wildhack needs to go with him, you can't make that kind of mistake and keep your job
Terrible take.
Wildhack as the AD running much better then it has in a very long time. He has given everything to the football program it’s been asking for and engaging alums as well. To say he should be fired because of a buy out is crazy, it’s standard practice.

A lot of what ADJW has accomplished so far has been more behind the scenes, I think sutomcat has mentioned more of that in a prior topic. Hopefully we'll see announcements in the future to give us confidence that we're on the right path.

He's a really great nice guy. We have those aplenty in many positions...
I agree and I can see why people have been donating the way they have because he has charisma and great to be around.

If Babers gets two more years and we still suck, the program will be dead. You will see less fans than the O gets in total yards. We cannot survive 2 more years of this. No alumnus/fan will want to donate to the program let alone attend a game. You can't suck for 25 years and offer no hope and expect loyalty. No coach would touch this job. It will be hard enough waiting one more season, but two will be the final nail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom