Jones | Syracusefan.com

Jones

cuseguy

Living Legend
Why does SU keep acting like his injury is some week-to-week thing when everyone knows that he's out for a good, long time? Unreal.

Why does SU keep acting like his injury is some week-to-week thing when everyone knows that he's out for a good, long time? Unreal.

Because it forces teams to prepare for him.

Because it forces teams to prepare for him.

While that no doubt is why they're doing it, that's about as archaic as assuming everyone gets his news from the newspaper thrown on his front porch in the morning.

In reality, opposing coaches likely know more about Jones' injury than he does.

While that no doubt is why they're doing it, that's about as archaic as assuming everyone gets his news from the newspaper thrown on his front porch in the morning.

In reality, opposing coaches likely know more about Jones' injury than he does.[/quote]

Opposing coaches know more about the injury than who? That makes no sense

You said In reality, opposing coaches likely know more about Jones' injury than he does. Are you saying opposing coaches know more about the injury than the player, or his coach? That makes no sense

That antecedent to the pronoun "he" is Jones. Hence, "more about Jones' injury that he does.

Aside from the grammar, this statement is not meant to be literally true. It is exaggeration for effect, to make the point that there are few secrets in high-level sports these days, even though coaches continue to act like there are.

Hope that helps you understand.

I would respectfully disagree in these cases, He was well enough to finish the game and I dobt much more was released especially in regards to severity, and there is no need to be condesending

I would respectfully disagree in these cases, He was well enough to finish the game and I dobt much more was released especially in regards to severity, and there is no need to be condesending

I respect your right to disagree. I did not set out to be condescending, and might have replied differently had you not twice indicated that "that makes no sense." I heard you the first time on that one.

Whatever, the question I asked was quite clear the first tine but you didn't get that so I thought I had to repeat that as well

LOL! This is good stuff. I thought I drank at the keyboard too much some nights

did anyone see him in the stands on the video of the game? No straight leg requiring a knee brace or any immobilization I could see all of which suggest a less severe injury along the lines of what I posted as a possibility/probability last week vs. what the rumors are pointing to. Wish I could have seen how he's moving. This is a weird one folks. Did anyone else see him or the video of him?

the PC implied he was hoping for better news next week on Jones..

I fully anticipate the full extent of his injury will be released after the tournament. No sense risking a #1 seed at this point. Wait, what? Whose injury are we talking about again? Oh, Jones, right.

The moral is, never trust what SU says about injuries. It's pretty ridiculous. I think SU is the only major uni that is so secretive about athlete injuries.

From Nolan's chat today:

I don't get the sense that Chandler's out for the season. I think he's a couple of weeks away, from what I hear, and DM probably doesn't want to risk a worse injury against non-conference opponents, anyway.

From Nolan's chat today:

I don't get the sense that Chandler's out for the season. I think he's a couple of weeks away, from what I hear, and DM probably doesn't want to risk a worse injury against non-conference opponents, anyway.
Good news, if true.

I get the feeling they're doing this on purpose because they/marrone don't like the policy change on reporting injuries... it's sounding a bit belichick-esque at this point.

I get the feeling they're doing this on purpose because they/marrone don't like the policy change on reporting injuries... it's sounding a bit belichick-esque at this point.

Yeah, and I don't blame him. If the new Big East coaches want it that way (the article suggested that's what tipped the vote) then keep it vague. I don't have any issue with him approaching it like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom