Jordan and Austin | Syracusefan.com

Jordan and Austin

OK, take Jordan and Austin (according to article they approached the Cuse about playing together). That takes care of our Guard issue, especially if MCW blows up and leaves. That puts TC and MG at the 2, Ennis and Jordan at the 1. Grant shares the 3 with MG and Austin. Rak at the 4 and DC2 and Obokoh and Keita at the 5. Hell, forgetting somebody... who backs up Rak?

OK, take Jordan and Austin (according to article they approached the Cuse about playing together). That takes care of our Guard issue, especially if MCW blows up and leaves. That puts TC and MG at the 2, Ennis and Jordan at the 1. Grant shares the 3 with MG and Austin. Rak at the 4 and DC2 and Obokoh and Keita at the 5. Hell, forgetting somebody... who backs up Rak?

CJ?

CJ?
Right ... CJ at the 3 as well. Lotsa 3's tho... But in JB's system the 3's can be somewhat interchangeable. Who else are we looking at for the 4? Vonleh, Roberson, and Lawrence all sound like they're out of the picture. Won't have a true 4 until, hopefully, we can get McCullough.

Right ... CJ at the 3 as well. Lotsa 3's tho... But in JB's system the 3's can be somewhat interchangeable. Who else are we looking at for the 4? Vonleh, Roberson, and Lawrence all sound like they're out of the picture. Won't have a true 4 until, hopefully, we can get McCullough.

I don't believe they are all out of the picture, but I don't see forward as a need in this class...I want Selden and after that is it on to '14 for me anyway...the philly boys would be a good get if we lose out on Selden though

Brandon Austin can play 1-3 like it ain't no thing.

I'm fine with the staff taking Rysheed Jordan since he is a combo guard who will be able to back up both guard positions, but taking Austin takes us out of getting one of Roberson, Lawrence, and though still probably a long shot Young. I don't understand how people are saying these prospects are out of the picture. Kentucky can't take wiggins, Roberson, Lawrence, and Young and I'm pretty sure the staff will land one of those four and the most likely would be either Lawrence or Roberson.

Yea I think it's way way too early to just throw in the towel on all those guys mentioned. I like Roberson a lot along with Young and Wiggins. Young could be deadly with him on one side Cooney on the other spacing the floor to make it tough to double down on DC2, and then to have Ennis orchestrating it all. Throw in all the orher possible pieces and that's a NC contender.

Why does everyone keep talking about Wiggins? Is Cuse even attempting to recruit him? I got the sense we hadn't put too much effort into that...

We are recruiting him but its a long shot, I mentioned him because he plays the same position as Roberson and Lawrence so if Wiggins goes to Kentucky that means that it takes them out of the picture for Roberson and Lawrence.

I'm fine with the staff taking Rysheed Jordan since he is a combo guard who will be able to back up both guard positions, but taking Austin takes us out of getting one of Roberson, Lawrence, and though still probably a long shot Young. I don't understand how people are saying these prospects are out of the picture. Kentucky can't take wiggins, Roberson, Lawrence, and Young and I'm pretty sure the staff will land one of those four and the most likely would be either Lawrence or Roberson.
Agree with this as well. I would love to have Jordan because of his combo guard abilities. Wouldn't rush to get Austin until we see what happens with Young and Roberson.

Agree with this as well. I would love to have Jordan because of his combo guard abilities. Wouldn't rush to get Austin until we see what happens with Young and Roberson.

Francis are we actually recruiting Wiggins? I had heard we are not but everyone else on this board seems to think we are.

Francis are we actually recruiting Wiggins? I had heard we are not but everyone else on this board seems to think we are.
He's only a slim possibility because of Ennis but I'll be surprised if he didn't end up at Kentucky.

Where are all those players going to go when the whole Kentucky thing explodes?

Where are all those players going to go when the whole Kentucky thing explodes?
I think what will happen first is that the other "blue bloods" (i.e., UNC, Duke, etal.) will pressure to have the one-and-done rule changed/repealed, and Calipari will have to adjust his tactics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom