Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass

Something was clearly happening behind the scenes, as Fredericks looked like a special talent the year before and his demotion doesn't make a ton of sense at surface level. Too bad it didn't work out, wish him the best wherever he ends up.-

But at this point, the open scholarship can only help the roster turn over faster.

Suddenly we have room to take 3 running backs this cycle

I would have to say that considering this development and the "where there's some there's fire" discussion of position switches on the current RB depth chart, I'd have to think the likelihood of seeing a grad transfer or JUCO RB that knows this system is increasing.

if we fill up the roster that means we only have room for about 13 kids next year before attrition takes place? thats a pretty small and selective class.

we have to though

Best I can make out, he may have struggled with the responsibility of calling out line assignments. As I have never seen a team assign that responsibility (isn't usually the Center?), I'm not sure of the benefits. I mean a RB has a better view than a Center, but haven't seen anyone else do it. He's a high quality RB. Maybe there were other issues. Fitness level? IDK.

I would have to say that considering this development and the "where there's some there's fire" discussion of position switches on the current RB depth chart, I'd have to think the likelihood of seeing a grad transfer or JUCO RB that knows this system is increasing.
Grad or JUCO RB is an interesting idea because we can perhaps get someone right now who's the right size RB for Baber's offense.

When I see him lighting it up somewhere this will be me...:bang:
He will. He is a great kid and player. In spite of the rumors Jordan didn't have trouble making line calls nor learning the plays ( he is on the dean's list) lol. As a matter of fact he was helping the other backs with the plays. So this thing goes much deeper than we know. I am glad the kid has a good head on his shoulders and knows when he isn't wanted. I wish him all the best. One man's junk is another man's treasure!! On to the next program. Good luck !!

He will. He is a great kid and player. In spite of the rumors Jordan didn't have trouble making line calls nor learning the plays ( he is on the dean's list) lol. As a matter of fact he was helping the other backs with the plays. So this thing goes much deeper than we know. I am glad the kid has a good head on his shoulders and knows when he isn't wanted. I wish him all the best. One man's junk is another man's treasure!! On to the next program. Good luck !!
Holy cow your post is awesome, but just made me more depressed and confused...:(:confused:

W t f, just don't get it.

Just dont get it either. if he is bright and got the line calls, does Dino view him as a wiggle back instead of a North/south runner ? i saw him as a nice blend of wiggle and power but maybe Dino sees more wiggle and he likes what he has in that department with Riley and Moe ? Thus, clearing a spot for less wiggle, more N/S? AGAIN, Geeez, Jo-El Shaw would have been nice in this O . Good luck Jordan, true team guy .

Thought you said he was sticking around

Dino knows what he wants snd anyone who doesn't fit the system is being forced out. Dino knows he is on the clock and he isn't going to waste any time. Might be a bit ruthless, but it's a tough business.

Dino knows what he wants snd anyone who doesn't fit the system is being forced out. Dino knows he is on the clock and he isn't going to waste any time. Might be a bit ruthless, but it's a tough business.
Generally I would agree but I don't think running into defenders' arms is part of the system when you have a superior talent. Something else explains this one.

It was obvious Jordan put on weight. But count me in the category that believes he should have seen the field MUCH more often than he did. He did drop a couple passes. Maybe it was pass catching ability? That's the only rational reason I can surmise for lack of PT.

Think we need one more RB commit. Recruiting forum suggested that Daniels may not make the grade

It was obvious Jordan put on weight.
I hate speculating on stuff and it's not fair to the kids, but the dots aren't hard to connect here.

62114642.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom