Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass

Hope you are a big Stony Brook fan...

I think that's a great landing spot for him, considering where he's from and he wouldn't have to sit out a year. And that program puts people in the league.

It was obvious Jordan put on weight. But count me in the category that believes he should have seen the field MUCH more often than he did. He did drop a couple passes. Maybe it was pass catching ability? That's the only rational reason I can surmise for lack of PT.

Think we need one more RB commit. Recruiting forum suggested that Daniels may not make the grade
In the end this may be it given HCDB's emphasis on conditioning.

knew this was coming and it's too bad. he's a far better runner than Stickland and Neal.
with ol line the way it was hard to know that. strickland is better when they throw to him. no one coild look good with that ol.

Delone Carter was drafted in the NFL Draft. I liked Fredericks but I don't seem him getting drafted.
I don't know how you can come to that conclusion so quickly. Very productive as a true Fr., falls out of favor with new staff. 3 to play 2 elsewhere.

If he continued his Fr trajectory, no telling what his limits would be.

I don't know how you can come to that conclusion so quickly. Very productive as a true Fr., falls out of favor with new staff. 3 to play 2 elsewhere.

If he continued his Fr trajectory, no telling what his limits would be.
Carter was Mr.Football in Ohio over Beanie Wells. He was a 4 star recruit.
I liked Fredericks but he didn't have that pedigree.
I wish him well and hope he makes the league.

True and while many here are making jokes about his departure . i challenge the next 3 rb recruits to bring to the table what JF did

This one in certainly perplexing. I assumed it was he couldn't make the line calls. Some now say that wasn't the case and if so i'm totally lost on the reasoning. I mean even if that was the case he should have at the very least been returning kickoffs. There is no way he would not have been light years better back there than a way undersized Riley. The only thing it seems it could have been is he didn't do what was asked of him in the offseason when he came in out of shape and Babers refused to play him even though he was the better option. Maybe Babers told everyone what they needed to do to play and stuck by his word regardless. Would think he could have got his act together in the upcoming offseason and earned his shot if that was the case though. Ugh.

Also I thought Fredericks skill set seems pretty prototypical for what Babers seems to want and is recruiting in an every down back. Great combination of size, power and shiftiness with good speed. Maybe not an ideal pass catcher but I mean its not like our RB's caught many passes. They were barely used in the passing game.

with ol line the way it was hard to know that. strickland is better when they throw to him. no one coild look good with that ol.
Yes the OL was not too good but it was really amazing how pedestrian Strickland looked this year. As a Frosh I though he looked really explosive. Its as if his weight gain really hindered him.

(Edit: weight gain via muscle)

Last edited:

H.S. pedigree doesn't dictate how good a player can be. We don't crown college players based on what they did in H.S. This has no bearing on whether Fredericks could have been better, as good, or worse than DC.

Also I thought Fredericks skill set seems pretty prototypical for what Babers seems to want and is recruiting in an every down back. Great combination of size, power and shiftiness with good speed. Maybe not an ideal pass catcher but I mean its not like our RB's caught many passes. They were barely used in the passing game.

He actually has good hands. Maybe not as a slot wr but this kid is a good catching rb

I'll hold off on what I've heard, as it seems there is some family of JF's on this board and they deserve the privacy and ability to do what's best for Jordan's football career. That being said, he would not have been given the opportunity that Jordan wanted at SU under HCDB. There were concerns that they never got over. He had a hell of a freshmen year and hate to see a NY player go, but best of luck to him. If the RB prospects that should come to SU this year and next year (think a current JUCO RB), I think SU will be very well off in the backfield. I also would not be surprised if the staff hit up a grad transfer at RB as well.

Such a distinct difference in pedigree and production between the two thus far? Jordan won just about every award NYS had to offer. As did Delone for Ohio even though he was the state's 29th best prospect.

Carter (Ohio Mr. Football)
Fr - 156 for 713 4 TD's
So - DNP (serious hip injury)
RS So - 23 for 137

Fredericks (NYS POY)
FR - 107 for 607 4 TD's
So - 28 for 139

I'll take production, yards and TD's over H.S. Star ratings.

Dino knows what he wants snd anyone who doesn't fit the system is being forced out. Dino knows he is on the clock and he isn't going to waste any time. Might be a bit ruthless, but it's a tough business.
Strickland fits and Fredericks doesn't?

Yes the OL was not too good but it was really amazing how pedestrian Strickland looked this year. As a Frosh I though he looked really explosive. Its as if his weight gain really hindered him.

(Edit: weight gain via muscle)
Strickland was great in space last year and not good when he got the ball handed off to him.

He broke most LI records was the Gatorade player of the year in NY was awesome as a ftosh. Kid was our best back and is a stud. Staff put him in the dog house for some reason.

He broke most LI records was the Gatorade player of the year in NY was awesome as a ftosh. Kid was our best back and is a stud. Staff put him in the dog house for some reason.
Maybe he put himself there?

I had heard somewhere that he didn't buy into the new system or the coaches. That will usually put you in the dog house. Assuming that is the case of course because most of us here know nothing about the situation.

A good back, but just didn't fit into this offense. Best of luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom