Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

It's not like Duke is only playing 6-7 players either. More like 8-9...

upload_2017-12-4_13-12-37.png

Utah State and Furman are the ones that stand out. You'd have to figure he'd get some garbage minutes in those unless he's hurt, right?

Yep I agree. I saw an interview of him on one of the Duke BBall blogs and he said he was just waiting for his name to be called so it didn't sound like there were any injuries...

I had an opportunity to go to the South Dakota v. Duke game this weekend. Tucker did not leave the bench, even as Coach K was getting players who don't typically play much, into the game. A little birdy at the game told me Tucker may have skipped on some classes and has been in the dog house. They also said they wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer before the end of the semester...

I don't blame Tucker for wanting to play at Duke, but he severely overrated his ability to compete for playing time against the other 5 star players on that roster. I wonder if he could rewind time, if he would pick SU... his shooting stroke (with the way we've been shooting the ball) could've netted him a TON of playing time here. Unfortunate for him, and us.

There is a good chance he just is not good - he wasn't a crazy high recruit - Kaleb was about a top 50 player - he just wasn't good - though I would imagine with Moyer seeing time that Tucker would at least get a chance on the court to determine his ability

And as far as I'm concerned Marek's potential is infinitely greater than Tuckers

I had an opportunity to go to the South Dakota v. Duke game this weekend. Tucker did not leave the bench, even as Coach K was getting players who don't typically play much, into the game. A little birdy at the game told me Tucker may have skipped on some classes and has been in the dog house. They also said they wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer before the end of the semester...

this is very interesting news that doesn't seem to be getting the notice it likely deserves...

I don't blame Tucker for wanting to play at Duke, but he severely overrated his ability to compete for playing time against the other 5 star players on that roster. I wonder if he could rewind time, if he would pick SU... his shooting stroke (with the way we've been shooting the ball) could've netted him a TON of playing time here. Unfortunate for him, and us.

Good post -- agree, across the board. Sucks how it went down, but I don't begrudge. That said, I'm fairly certain he would have helped our anemic shooting. Lose / lose, at least for this year. Just because he's sitting now doesn't mean that will be the case moving forward [although it clearly suggests he'll have an uphill battle for PT throughout his time at Duke].

It was obvious to everyone but Tucker that he was going to get recruited over at Duke with top 15 talents and not play much (or at all). No surprise. But he gets to say he's on the Duke team and wear Duke shirts.

6 minutes against Elon will probably prevent a redshirt, no? Unless he claims injury and doesn't see another minute this year. That would be quite a fall from playing 30 minutes a game for SU or GT...

I was thinking that too

There is a good chance he just is not good - he wasn't a crazy high recruit - Kaleb was about a top 50 player - he just wasn't good - though I would imagine with Moyer seeing time that Tucker would at least get a chance on the court to determine his ability

And as far as I'm concerned Marek's potential is infinitely greater than Tuckers

Not a knock on Marek at all. But it's quite evident that this team needs outside shooting, something I think Tucker could've helped with. Marek is a very different player than Tucker and brings IQ, hustle and effort. By the time Marek develops an outside shot he'll probably be gone, as most have suggested he won't stay beyond this season.

Very hard to say who would help the team more.

I really wanted Tucker to choose SU, I thought he would be a lot like Malachi, and he would've walked into 30 mpg here with a chance to score 12-14 ppg as a freshman. We definitely could've used his shooting and offensive abilities this season, and especially with Geno leaving, maybe JT could've seen time at the 2. However, the fact that he's played 6 minutes through 10 games says a lot. There were rumors about his attitude and behavior when he was being recruited, and those seem to have carried over from Stepinac to Wheeler to Duke. I hope he finds his happiness, but it might have to be at a MAAC school.

Speculation on character issues is ridiculous.
The young man obviously has issues that we are not privy to from the vantage point of this forum. I hope he can get past his demons.

All I can say is that I am glad he is their problem and not our problem.

I wish those posters who say they wish we had him would stop fantasizing.

He is addition by subtraction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom