Josh Kirkland? | Syracusefan.com

Josh Kirkland?

He said he was thinking of committing on the visit, but decided it wasn't the time. Sounds like a productive player, with good measurable's. At least we are adding depth at the position

He said he was thinking of committing on the visit, but decided it wasn't the time. Sounds like a productive player, with good measurable's. At least we are adding depth at the position
I wonder if he has the cover skills to play safety? He's a little light for an every down OLB.

I wonder if he has the cover skills to play safety? He's a little light for an every down OLB.

Not according to TOS...OLB with a possibility of sliding to MLB...January enrollee too

Dyshawn Davis is listed at almost the exact size (6'3 213), and Spruill (6'1 216). Rivals at least gives him another 7lbs (210lb). But ya, ideally some more bulk would be nice, but his stated speed (4.6) hopefully makes up for it.

I can't find a highlight tape for Josh but here is his CC team the Butler Grizzlies in action.
I believe Josh is #9.

Seems we coulda waited on this kid until others on our radar had committed.

From ESPN yesterday...

"Junior college outside linebacker Josh Kirkland (El Dorado, Kan./Butler Community college) took his first official visit during the weekend to Syracuse, and Kirkland said the first visit set the tone for the future trips.

Kirkland, a 6-foot-3, 207-pound linebacker, gave the visit a “9” out of a 10 and said he had a great time in New York. Although there are reports saying Kirkland committed to the Orange, he said he’s still weighing his options -- at least for now.

“It was pretty amazing,” Kirkland said of the visit. “Compared to Kansas, it’s quite a bit different. I had a great time, and it’s a great school.”

Wow, for some reason I am a little disappointed at our recruiting after the season we've had. I don't doubt that the coaches did their homework but the abundance of JUCO's are a little concerning.

From ESPN yesterday...

"Junior college outside linebacker Josh Kirkland (El Dorado, Kan./Butler Community college) took his first official visit during the weekend to Syracuse, and Kirkland said the first visit set the tone for the future trips.

Kirkland, a 6-foot-3, 207-pound linebacker, gave the visit a “9” out of a 10 and said he had a great time in New York. Although there are reports saying Kirkland committed to the Orange, he said he’s still weighing his options -- at least for now.

“It was pretty amazing,” Kirkland said of the visit. “Compared to Kansas, it’s quite a bit different. I had a great time, and it’s a great school.”

His options are?

Just remember with JUCO's the kids aren't offered unless the staff feels they can start or at the very least push to start.

His options are?
from the insider article:
Originally from St. Mary’s, Kan., Kirkland said he doesn’t have a second official visit scheduled, but he’s considering visiting one or two of the schools in Texas.

from TOS it looks like these two schools are Houston and Texas St.

would rather Arciniega but this is a solid backup plan I suppose.

Just remember with JUCO's the kids aren't offered unless the staff feels they can start or at the very least push to start.

Like Clark? Don't get me wrong I am not frowning down on JUCO's at all, I'm just shocked at the lack of movement on the HS front.

Like Clark? Don't get me wrong I am not frowning down on JUCO's at all, I'm just shocked at the lack of movement on the HS front.

There's always an exception and Clark is the exception. Walls and Jones are to. Though Clark and Walls contributed so it's not like they are dead weight.

Kids brought in over the summer because there's room at positions were depth is a huge issue. Sometimes coaches just need bodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom